October 31, 2018

Finally a christian who makes sense.

Filed under: Education, Homosexual, News, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 12:38

Baptist Minister Says the Book of Genesis Gets Human Sexuality All Wrong

Stayton, professor emeritus in the Center for Human Sexuality Studies at Widener University, said the same embryonic material develops in the womb into both male and female. Which depends on factors including whether the default progression toward an XX chromosome pair is switched off by the introduction of the Y chromosome from the male.

“It’s impossible in biology — and when you look at paleobiology — it’s impossible that males came first,” Stayton said. “God does not go against God’s own setup, if you will. Nature’s intention is always to produce a female, and you have to add something to weaken the system and make it a man.”

“That’s a really profound thing that we haven’t dealt with very well, especially with Genesis,” he said. “Actually, the pre-Hebrew religions were all female worldwide, and Genesis turns out to be the final putdown of women. That’s a very important teaching for us in working in this field.”

“There is no binary male and female,” Stayton said. “We are all on a spectrum.”

“Even in this room, we’re all on a spectrum, and it’s important that we begin to see the matrix, the dimensions, the possibilities along that spectrum that we all are on, that it’s all normal.”

Regarding sexual orientation, Stayton introduced the Kinsey Scale, used in college textbooks ranging from zero for exclusively heterosexual to six for exclusively homosexual. Stayton said research indicates that 80 percent of people are somewhere in between.

‘Nature’s intention really is to produce a three,” he said. “The more repressive a society becomes, the more it reaches out to the bipolar opposites. The less repressive societies move into the two, three, four categories.”

Stayton then proposed a “solid biblical case” for proving that Jesus was “a solid three.”

1. Actually, the pre-Hebrew religions were all female worldwide,

Scottie, if you recall, I discussed this topic in my book. Here’s a quote: According to Professor Kunal Chakrabarti, who teaches history of religion at the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, India, “All primitive religions from the earliest Neolithic period were based on goddesses. There was no concept of god because the goddess symbolized the feminine principle of fecundity, and man’s role in the creative process was not understood.”

This might not be the point you wanted to make, but I thought it was interesting that “God” in the Abrahamic religions is now the end-all, be-all MALE deity.

Comment by Nan — October 31, 2018 @ 13:58

• I love the point. Your books is a fountain of great information. I am stunned at how much is in there. I have gone back to a few chapters ( like on the devil ) and I am surprised at how much more I pick up each time. Thanks for writing it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 14:34

• My pleasure. Truly. I enjoyed writing it because I learned soooo much … and also because I LOVE to write. 😀 Glad that it’s still useful to you.

Comment by Nan — October 31, 2018 @ 14:47

• It is, wish I had one on Islam right now. Manahil is a 15 year old boy in Pakistan who is not very religious but feels the Koran is “good guidance” and without it he would stumble and maybe even die. He really is questioning and I am going very gently here because he is a minor and also because in his country he could be hurt or killed for not falling in line. He says no his parents would never hurt him and they are not really religious either, yet in his country a woman was sentenced to death for insulting Mohammed and even after the court said it was made up the people want to kill her. Plus I admit I am getting very sore fingers. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 15:13

• There’s really little you can do, Scottie. He was/is being raised in a much different environment … and his religious beliefs are centered in the faith of his country. I haven’t really been following the conversation, but what little I’ve read, he’s just sharing his thoughts/feelings/beliefs. He’s not looking for confirmation or denial. You’d probably be better off just wishing him well and moving on.

Comment by Nan — October 31, 2018 @ 15:24

• He has gone to sleep. I like his view on his religion and yet even he admits the majority are far more extreme than he is. I invited him back when ever he wants. He seems nice. Once I understood where he was coming from it was a much easier conversation. He even admitted he did not believe that being gay was a sin even though the Koran said it was. Just to find a young person not totally indoctrinated was a pleasure. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 15:28

• I read the article about emerited Prof Stayton and it says at the End:
        For a Christian conference that included time for worship and Bible study, perhaps it’s a small miracle that Stayton wasn’t booed into silence — or hauled off the stage to be burned at the stake for heresy.
        By telling the audience ““There is no binary male and female,” Stayton said. “We are all on a spectrum.”, het old them, what biology calls fact since long.
        But this brings christianity into a big conflict: cause if you asked Stayton, that there must be man providing for the y-chromosome, This overthrows the whole Genesis and give a lot of credit to the Evolution as seen by Darwin.

I would like it pretty much, to be somewhere on the range in between the sex extremes of hetero- and homosexual. I expected myself – until now – to be at 80% homosexual on the Kinsey-scale.

But would the Genesis-believers could put up with that?
        I doubt!

Comment by miles — October 31, 2018 @ 15:57

• Thank you Miles. I bet it did shake up many there. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 15:59

2. I think you will never hear of any discussion about this staff. Cause it would blow all their Genesis. One cant shake away any of those lies without destroying the whole construct of lies.

The same, in my humble opinion, you will encounter with the little “Islam creator” He was 8 years older than the age of being possibly able to learn to live with facts, than with religion ..

May I remind you, what Hitler did with the Hitleryouth? At the end there indoctrinatiion went so far, that they denounced their own parents, when they critisized The Führer.

Changes in mind are only possible – sometimes in 1 to – one – situations.

In my days, wheen I was a Teacher, I never asked a student for remorse, cause i didn’t want them to lie.

Comment by miles — October 31, 2018 @ 17:47

• I understand Miles. Horrors have been indoctrinated in to child soldiers in many countries. I am thankful we do not do this in my country, yet. Yes young adults are still easily molded that is why there are age limits for joining the military. It is about how easy they can indoctrinate you. Some of us resist and grow out of it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 18:35

3. ‘Nature’s intention really is to produce a three,” he said.

I’ve long wondered about this. According to most studies only five or ten percent of the male population is gay or bi, but there are so many cases of homophobes with secret homosexual tendencies or behavior, that I have to wonder if the reason homophobia gets so vicious is that there are huge numbers of people who would be bisexual by nature but grow up in religious environments that lead them to repress the gay side, so they’re constantly struggling with what they consider “sinful” feelings. Then they lash out at people who are unashamedly gay because of — I don’t know, some kind of externalized hatred because of what they hate within themselves. Millions of people who would be healthily bisexual if they’d grown up in a culture free of Abrahamic religion.

As I observed in an earlier comment, in ancient Greco-Roman-Persian culture bisexuality in men was almost normative, and there were institutionalized and accepted forms of homosexuality even if not gay marriage. It’s hard to imagine that happening unless bisexuality really was a lot more prevalent than just 10% of the population.

I used to think that, if homosexuality has a genetic component, the gene might simply be more common in Mediterranean populations. Populations do vary genetically, after all. But I suspect it’s not that simple.

It really is a fascinating question. As with evolution or astronomy, we can never understand human sexuality until the study of it breaks completely free from the influence of the Abrahamic religions.

Comment by Infidel753 — October 31, 2018 @ 22:05

• I agree. I often hear the term self loathing, or self hatred, when talking about people who are rabidly anti LGBTQ and vote against any benfiet or right for them, and then get caught having an LGBTQ exsperiances. I have trouble understanding people like gay republicans, the log cabin republicans for example. You are supporting a group that wants to end you. It doesn’t make sense to me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 1, 2018 @ 08:04