October 31, 2018

TIME: Indiana Woman Arrested for Allegedly Leaving Racist Note on New Neighbors’ Door

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 07:49

Again, it has to be fought and stopped, White people get a clue and get a hold of yourself. Hugs

Indiana Woman Arrested for Allegedly Leaving Racist Note on New Neighbors’ Door
TIME

‘This is a White Neighborhood,’ the note said – and targeted the family’s bi-racial son Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. Some people are just jumping aboard the stupid wagon. Maybe there,s something in the water that affects white people so badly that all their marbles start to disintegrate.(Conspiracy theory?)
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — October 31, 2018 @ 09:33

• Could be, has to be something, I hate to think they were born that stupid. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 09:34

• What marbles? ( O )
      If they could be lost, there must have ….

Comment by miles — October 31, 2018 @ 10:44

2. It saddens me that some of my fellow human beings are this atrocious.

Comment by maryplumbago — October 31, 2018 @ 09:44

• I agree. It also makes my heart hurt when I think of the pain the people, especially the children, feel who are subjected to this bigotry. It has to stop. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 09:56

3. I’m feeling very depressed today and think you’ll understand as to living in Fla., in a very conservative religious area of the state.
    I feel overwhelmed and like a dark cloud of racism, religion and trump supporters surround me. Sometimes I think of moving, but I like the weather, my home and a few close friends who are on the same page. But I can’t help but feeling surrounded by the other and it is depressing. So many in my age group are trump supporters and religious. I’m 71. Do you find that in your area? Does it ever get to you? I was happy when I first moved here, but now I feel maybe I should have stayed put. I was in Asheville NC which is very liberal and progressive, but also very expensive and cold in the winters.
    Just having a bad day, I suppose.

Comment by maryplumbago — October 31, 2018 @ 10:34

• Hello Mary. Sorry to hear you are feeling down today. I understand what you are saying. I live in North Fort Myers. I heard on something that Fort Myers was one of the most conservative places in the state. It could be, I don’t know.

I am depressed because tRump is coming to Fort Myers today, tying traffic up and making a mess on Halloween.

A few years after moving in here, I got talked into going on the board of homeowners association. That meant I had to start going to functions and other events. I soon drew the ire of the old bastards who felt the country should still be 1940 / 1950. I had longish hair and they grumbled and complained , so I made a point to grow it out. I grew it really out. And I gave them hell, every time they started about my hair I played it up about how great it was, and if anyone made a slur about me being gay , I went full camp on their ass. People soon learned I did not back down and gave it out more than they could take. It took a while, but they gave up. Plus I was the best computer tech to ever hit this place, and they needed me so I made a lot of friends. Things have changed here, the more angry older ones have left or died off. We have a lot of canadians here now. Ron and I do not do any of the events or functions as I am not on the board and Ron doesn’t like them.

So I understand what you mean. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 11:02

• Are you a native Floridian or came from somewhere else? I was actually born and grew up in Tampa long before politics and religion were like they are today. Was in Asheville for 13 years after we retired before my husband passed and I moved back here (not Tampa, but Polk County) for warmer weather. Also 2 ex SILs live here and are on the same page as me. So I guess I shouldn’t complain. Have you and Ron found like minded friends?

Comment by maryplumbago — October 31, 2018 @ 11:08

• Ron and I are basically homebodies. We had a huge circle of friends for a long while here, but gradually most of them moved away or died. So now we have a few friends but rarely do much with them. We now prefer to go mostly by our selves.

I grew up in Vermont, joined the Navy and then the Army so traveled around. Moved to New Hampshire when I got out of the Army. Ron and I moved to West Palm Beach in 1994. We moved to NFM in 2004 because my adoptive parents needed more help in the winters when they were here. We stayed here because the housing bubble put us in a position where we spent far more on our home and fixing it to our tastes than we ever could get back out of it. Not our favorite area, and we do regret leaving WPB, but if we had the money we might move again more toward Orlando. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2018 @ 11:14

• Also can’t believe trump is going to be in your area! YUCK!

Comment by maryplumbago — October 31, 2018 @ 11:09

4. Had MSNBC on in the background tonight and caught a snippet about “freedom” according to right wing America. Wasn’t paying enough attention to identify which conservative buffoon blithered the following – “swastika symbology is banned in Germany, Americans will never let that happen in our great nation. Free speech protects us from censorship and oppression”. WTF?!!!

Comment by Notes To Ponder — November 1, 2018 @ 04:12

• The idea that the United States of America could have a political party endorsing fascism and wanting to display the symbols of a racist party we defeated at great cost of life and material is shocking. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 1, 2018 @ 08:43