November 8, 2018

Evidence needed please

Filed under: Cartoons, Memes, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 09:45

I bet I can find a bible law that means you’re never getting into the next world faster than you can find one that says two dudes/chicks can’t get married in this world.

*Actual photo.

1. I attached this to my latest post and thought you would find it edifying and amusing.

The fallowing is the answer given to the question;

Why is God not falsifiable?

“But he is falsifiable!

Using logic one can easily show that he is impossible, not just unlikely.
In science we always try to prove a theory is false before we can ever accept it. This is only the first step towards an accepted theory. This deliberate attempt to demonstrate something is not true is called falsification. When the definition of something conflicts with its own consequence of existence then we can simply declare that theory false.

Example: I claim that I have an invisible round square in my pocket. How can you prove I am not telling the truth? Easy, something that is round can not simultaneously be square. That is impossible, and thus my claim to have one in my pocket is easily falsified. You need not consider any details beyond that one singular fact. Never mind that it is said to be invisible, and the fact that I refused to show it to anyone. Those details do not matter here. You can still be 100% confident I do not have one. Ok?

Your God is exactly like my round square. He has many attributes assigned to him in the Bible (his official definition in black and white print) that are mutually exclusive and can not simultaneously exist in a single being, God or otherwise. He can not be all those things at the same time, so his definition as detailed in the Bible is self falsified, by the Bible itself, and we don’t need to consider any details beyond that.

He simply can not exist. Google “the problem of evil” if you want an easy example. By just that one example, if he did exist he would be defined as a psychopathic monster in modern day terminology, and would not nearly represent the God that people believe is described in the the actual Bible.
By the way, some people should really try reading their Bible, cover to cover, skipping nothing, to see exactly what they are required to believe in. You might be very supprised.

Can any deity exist? One would unfortunately need to learn enough about each possible deity (over 4000 of them exist) to prove them wrong each individually in the same way. Zeus likely has a non zero probability of existing, where as your God has 0%. Therefore Zeus has a much much higher probability of existing than the God you worship, and everyone is pretty darn sure Zeus is a mere fable.”

*Steve Coleman, Analyst at John Hopkins university applied physics lab.
Answered Oct. 19, 2017.
Author has 186 answers and 97.8K answer views.

Comment by nationofnope — November 8, 2018 @ 11:03

• I love it. Clear and concise. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2018 @ 11:10

• I strongly suspect that for every single god that has a substantial body of canonical myths, there is known evidence against at least one of the myths.

Comment by D.T. Nova — November 8, 2018 @ 18:19

2. Great ones!

Comment by maryplumbago — November 8, 2018 @ 11:41

3. I love the “Create everything Get mad at it” meme … ever since I was a little girl, I couldn’t understand why “god” would create the world & then destroy it over & over again. & when I asked the nuns at Sunday school … I was Catholic but luckily my father didn’t believe in sending us to Catholic schools when we had perfectly good public schools to go to for free … thank you lady Isis, lol … but when I asked the nuns why god was always so angry at the world & the people he had created, I was punished. Sister Richard Marie! She was a piece of work! I’ll never forget her!

Comment by silverapplequeen — November 9, 2018 @ 05:39

• Punished for natural curiosity. How do the nun’s rationalize that they are there to teach about their god, and yet punish those who ask questions. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 9, 2018 @ 07:22

• There have been some terrible obscenities unearthed as to the way children from unmarried mothers were treated in the UK. These holy women regarded the world and all in it as evil and sought to punish even children.

Comment by kersten — November 9, 2018 @ 09:52

• Yes, being taught your deity hates what you are and that all humans are sinners can warp a person’s mind. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 9, 2018 @ 10:33

• That’s right most people know they have faults and we should try to reform ourselves at the same time encouraging others to improve , but many Christians are taught that they cannot help but sin and can never improve their own behaviour. Eventually in many cases this leads to apathy and no attempt to change .

Comment by kersten — November 9, 2018 @ 11:22