November 15, 2018

Newsweek: Kansas Official Tells Black Woman He’s Member of the ‘Master Race:’ ‘Don’t Ever Forget That’

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 11:32

Kansas Official Tells Black Woman He’s Member of the ‘Master Race:’ ‘Don’t Ever Forget That’
Newsweek

“You have a gap in your teeth. We are part of the master race, don’t ever forget that,” said Leavenworth County Commissioner Louis Klemp. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. I don’t know what to think anymore.

Comment by renxkyoko — November 15, 2018 @ 12:44

• I think racism and bigotry has had a new life breathed into it by tRump and crew. When the leader of the country is a known bigot and “nationalist” it gives cover for those who have felt that way but have been hiding it. They feel free to be the horrible racist bigots they are. It is up to the good people to still say it is not acceptable. Which we are all trying to do. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 15, 2018 @ 13:17

2. Apparently it might have been a stupid joke, him implying that both he and the woman were part of the master race, of people with gaps in thier front teeth.

But… no excuse for implying anyone is part of some master race in this day and age. And no excuse for the behavior. It points I think to a deeper issue, that is racist.

With trumpism-ist trends becoming the public norm, I fear this will worsen before it gets better. It will take us all speaking up when it happens in front of us, and a lot of time for this sort of thing to quietly fade away. If it ever will. The undercurrents have been there since I was kid, I have seen it. I have seen it fade, and I have seen it reborn. I would hope my children see it die.

Comment by shelldigger — November 15, 2018 @ 19:38

• Yes according to the article he said it was a joke. Not a very good one I would say. Yet the other County Commissioner said he has said racist stuff before. They think he is a racist. They work with him so I have to give more weight to what they say. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 08:48

• There is little doubt this guy should be holding any public office.

I mean you gotta keep what you say in public meetings separate from what you say at your Klan meetings. Every good politician knows that.

/end snark

Comment by shelldigger — November 16, 2018 @ 17:42

• Agreed! You may find this odd of me , but it a person’s right to be a bigoted asshole. I hate it but that basically is their rights if they express that view, but they also have to accept the consequences. I wont take away anyone’s rights to be what they desire to be, but I damn sure will make the applicable laws grind them down. I think I make myself understood on all of this subject. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 19:32

• I begrudgingly hold that same position. I often don’t care for things I may see or hear, but people have the right to be who they may be, or believe what they want to believe, to a point. 🙂

Comment by shelldigger — November 19, 2018 @ 08:31

• For me the thing is thoughts, even speech that doesn’t create a viable threat are not the same as actions. Actions such be moderated to provide the most good for the most people. But I can not agree with people who want to make thoughts a crime or say only those who agree with a group may give voice to their opinion.

I agree it is a hard thing. I do not like nor agree with some groups, but I wouldn’t want to make their thoughts illegal as long as their actions don’t cause harm to others. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 19, 2018 @ 09:06