November 16, 2018

California Wildfires: At Least 63 Dead, 600+ Missing

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 10:47

1. Thoughts and prayers, right? 😕

Seriously, I feel so bad for the people affected by this fire. Not only those who lost their lives, but especially the ones who are awaiting word about their loved ones. And of course those who lived through it but lost their homes. My son lives in Chico, CA, which is about 15 miles from Paradise and for a brief period of time, he was on edge whether the fire would spread to the town. Fortunately, it headed another direction. He has a close friend whose home was destroyed.

Comment by Nan — November 16, 2018 @ 11:58

• I am glad your son is OK. I have lost touch with a blogger in the last set of fires they had. Last I knew he fled with just his car. I have written him emails but he doesn’t answer. I can not imagine how they will deal with rebuilding a town, all the homes, all the services from scratch. How will these people live while the areas are being cleaned up? What about the jobs lost from companies that are gone now? I think this is what we have a government for, get there , help out, fix it. Troops in a corner of Texas or in Arizona 90 miles from the border would be better sent to help out California. But we have hateful in the white house. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 12:16

• After all is said and done, one more major disaster that’s going to come from all this is sky-rocketing insurance rates.

As for your blogger friend, it’s very possible his phone/computer was lost in the fire. But even beyond that, he undoubtedly has a million things to deal with besides answering emails. 😦

Comment by Nan — November 16, 2018 @ 12:27

• Yes I wish him the best. He and his friend lost everything last I knew, his last letter to me said the entire 12 acres, the house, everything was gone, he said he was just able to get his car out and thought he made have made a terrible mistake going back to get it but made it. That was the last I heard. I can only hope he is OK. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 12:38

• It truly is just insane how massive these fires are growing in a matter of just minutes. I am so happy your son is alive and safe. I hope he continues to be safe. My family lives in Hollywood so they haven’t been through too much except the horrible air quality. I remember when my home state of NC experience a wildfire outbreak about a year ago. Even tho it was not anywhere near as severe as California, it was still terrifying. Me and my family went up into the mountains for a funeral and having to drive between two massive fires on a highway were the traffic is not moving is terrifying. And having to go to school with face mask on everyday just adds to the fear. So in a way I can relate to the terror those in California are experiencing, but just not to such a horrible degree. I really hope everything soon gets better in California.

Comment by worldofweather2002 — November 17, 2018 @ 21:16

2. Very sad. I do hope the missing are found safe and sound.

Comment by Michelle Styles — November 16, 2018 @ 13:20

• Dang we all do. But now is the time for a strong federal government to offer a hand in help for these people, get fema in there now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 16:30

• Or the national guard. Offer us army rangers who are trained in search and rescue. Offer other military to help get the fire contained. He may have who knows but I would have done it publically.

Comment by Michelle Styles — November 16, 2018 @ 16:38

• I agree. I know when I was in the Navy I got assigned a shipboard firefighting team. They are seriously trained. Send them! You are so correct Michelle. This is what we have a huge military for, to help the people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 16, 2018 @ 16:43

3. trumps visit to California.
    Reason: The huge forestfires.
    What he said: It is unimaginable
    Asked If this had to do with climate-change, he denied – NO!

how can a cry-baby with what ever-sooo-little brain, can be convinced, that climate change does not exist- but OTOH deny, that he is a racist

Comment by miles — November 18, 2018 @ 11:04

• He tried to claim that if the forest had been raked there wouldn’t have been any fires. He is nuts. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 18, 2018 @ 11:06

• Hi my friend,
        Ihave a similoar problem as yours. but many degr. smaller I bought anew keybord with 3.8 million colors.
        And as the prog. will not function on my old win 7, I am. now stuck with 3,8 million colorchanges every minute or so. HA ha. Ha.
        And the best one is: There is NOO handbook
        I now do feel as stupid, as trump possibly feels all day.

Comment by miles — November 18, 2018 @ 11:24

• Wow, that would hurt the eyes. I use outlook. I also have a PVN. Sometimes Gmail locks out my outlook program as it thinks it is a suspicious log in. Normally I just have to go to google and clear the alert. But yesterday there was no alert, Gmail just wouldn’t talk to outlook. The night before I had changed my google password, but I couldn’t get google and outlook to agree on the password. So, I reset the whole computer. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 18, 2018 @ 12:37

• What a way to spend our tax dollars! Putting workers in the vast number of our forest with rakes! SMH

Comment by Nan — November 18, 2018 @ 12:22

• He was trying to blame the governor of California for the fires. But the forest land around that area is federal land managed by tRump’s administration. Hug

Comment by Scottie — November 18, 2018 @ 12:33

• There is NO END to his ignorance! And beyond that … he has no clue how ignorant he is!

Comment by Nan — November 18, 2018 @ 12:44