November 21, 2018

Cats are deities ?

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 11:51

Cats are more consistent than bible-gods.
Think about that.

You’ve already conceded there’s no evidence.

Science seeks truth. Religion just wants to be right.

1. Love the last three. And the one by Brutal Anti-theist describes Wild Mel perfectly.

Comment by Nan — November 21, 2018 @ 14:36

• Yes. I was thinking of Mel when I read that one also. He makes such an issue of his philosophical logical arguments. But the one about if your god cannot interact with reality is also applicably to Mel’s idea of god I think, because he wants it both ways.

On a side note about Mel. I feel sad the way things turned out. I mean when I first started talking to him on your blog he seemed so reasonable and even likable. Then he changed, got hard, got mean. He would accuse people of simply not being able to understand his argument, but that to me sounds the opposite of what a teacher would do, and he was a teacher of his church. The one about Carl Sagan and scientist changing their views with evidence is something that Mel seems unable to do. I had wanted Mel to turn out one of the good guys even if he believed in a deity because originally he was fun to chat with. I wonder what happened to turn him so bitter and snide. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 21, 2018 @ 14:47

• Off hand I’d say it was pretty much related to JZ. Mel simply couldn’t present a viable argument against what John put forth. He went around the horn so many times and used so many incomprehensible (and irrelevant) arguments to contradict him — and John just kept responding — that he sorta’ threw all anti-theists and non-believers into the dung heap. Of course, encouragement from BrainYawn didn’t help matters.

I also think it may have to do with the fact my posts aren’t so in-your-face, which makes it a little easier for non-believers to comment.

Then again … maybe he’s actually having a crisis of faith!

Comment by Nan — November 21, 2018 @ 14:59

• A perfectly good response. JZ did it!

I’m lol-ing a little right now, knowing you are probably right. Though I admit I cannot hang with those back and forths, I am unfortunately a bit less civilized than one should be for such conversations… Im a bit more like the Hulk than the scientist Banner 😉

I’m glad the JZ’s and the Maks, and the Arks, and many more, are out there though.

Comment by shelldigger — November 24, 2018 @ 17:02

2. Loved the last one. But it’s probably lost on people like mel.

Comment by grabaspine — November 22, 2018 @ 15:54

• Welcome Grabaspine, for sure you are correct. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 22, 2018 @ 15:57

• A God who isn’t detectable in our reality by Natural means, and who’s Effects can’t be measured and verified as originating specifically from His Cause, is indistinguishable from a God who doesn’t exist.

Comment by grabaspine — November 22, 2018 @ 16:00

• Yes, very so! Dang I wish that could be hung on every building as a banner. How do we get the theist confused to see that? Thank you . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 22, 2018 @ 16:20