November 22, 2018

NBC News: In every tally of hate crimes, blacks are the most frequent victims

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 05:28

In every tally of hate crimes, blacks are the most frequent victims
NBC News

“The country wants to send you very clear messages that you don’t belong,” said one researcher. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

1. Hi Scottie, ‘they’ certainly want Black people to feel uncomfortable. I’m having issues now and quite honestly I’m beginning to realize the lack of concern for my safety is racially motivated. Hate crimes can be as subtle as blocking access to basic necessities such as a lawyer or the ability to get insurance or credit scores. When you look at hate crimes from that perspective I bet the number of violent crimes have decreased but nuanced ones have not.

Comment by Angela Grant — November 24, 2018 @ 07:39

• Hello Angela I really am sorry you are having trouble and do not feel safe. It is a basic human need for safety and shelter. I think they reason that more nuanced hate crimes are far more numerous is that hateful people can get away with the less noticeable, less open racism. Doing what you said is far less likely to get them fired than screaming racist stuff in a crowed room. There is far too much racism and bigotry in the US. There is far more racism than I understood. I really thought those people were dying out, it was a last gasp for air from them during the Obama Presidency. I was shocked at what happened.
      Again I am sorry for what you are going through. Stay strong and keep me updated. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 08:37

• Hi Scottie, I’ll survive! But the people who do these things grow bolder and stronger. It’s often not worth the stress to complain. Especially complaining to people who don’t GAF but are paid by taxpayers to provide oversight. Not sure which criminals are worse: the oversight agencies that don’t do their jobs or the ones that discriminate.

In any event, any racist can get considered for a job in Trump’s government. Have you noted the application process?

Comment by Angela Grant — November 25, 2018 @ 08:29

• Good Morning Angela. Do you mean praising him constantly while claiming he is above any laws, or the second way of giving him lots of money? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 08:45

2. Trump is a debacle for the USA and for the world, and the reason for that is his outstanding stupidity.
    He is not only accountable for the increasing lacking of empathy within the western societies, which means for instance, less recognizing of the suffering of refugees.
    Stupid trump is also accountable for unacademic reasoning and showing facts.
    All that makes this STUPID at least co-accountable for the Brexit for all of the stupid right wing election-outcomes in Europe.
    All that makes this STUPID at least co-accountable for the unrest in the word and the dangers resulting out of that.
    lack of reliability of politics.
    All that makes this STUPID at least co-accountable for the decreasing civility among the people of the world.
    decreasing of morals everywhere around.
    All that makes this STUPID at least co-accountable for making the world a worser place to live, than ever because he steals people their safety of living.

When I say that his stupid ís co-accountable for all of the above written, I definitely know for sure
    that Basefook is the other half of the problem — Where one could put the question, wether trump is the chicken or the egg or if it is Basefook that is either the hen or the egg.

Comment by miles — November 24, 2018 @ 08:40

• I agree. It use to be said that other countries looked at what the US was doing, that the US was a leader in the world. Sadly what we exported was hate and bigotry, along with religious extremism. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 08:46

• Oh no, my dear friend: it isn’t bettter in Gemany either In Germany its just the hate even among couples. Every 2,5 days a woman in partnerhisp or merried gets killed by her spouse or husband.
        Until I read this, I thought it ‘unbeleavable’. And there is just the building of womenws shelters, to prevent as many of thes things to happen as possible.
        We have to think here just about uncontrolled or even controlled hate.
        Lack of empathy, it has to be socially diagnosed.
        – Even more than 2000 years of christianity. So guess pls., what I think about those 2000 years of christianity with all its murders and prosecutions.
        With Peter, Paul & Mary: “Oh, when will they ever learn?”

Comment by miles — November 25, 2018 @ 11:33

• I am sorry to hear about the hate there Miles, and it is world wide right now. It seems the worst side of humanity is coming out. Thankfully it is not the majority yet, and we still have time to defeat them. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 12:24

3. Unless you use percentage. In which case native Americans are the most frequent to be the target of a hate crime. Sheer numbers it is indeed the people of color who bear the brunt. However based on native Americans very small numbers and the number of actual crimes vs % of population. It would be native Americans then people of color and then GLTQ.

Comment by Michelle Styles — November 27, 2018 @ 14:17

• Yes you are correct. Most of us forget to take the amount of population percentage into the equation. ( unless it is the percentage of people of color incarcerated for drug offences compared to the same rate of drug use among whites. ) I really don’t know how we can save the culture that was destroyed by those invading whites who came here. The whites took the children and wouldn’t let them learn anything even the language of their parents, they killed the adults and abused the children. So much lost. It would take an real effort to understand what was lost and I do not know if in our world we could ever duplicate it. It really burns my butt that most people do not even know how much the Native People gave to the “founding fathers” to help them make this country white people claim is there own. I think it is a good think I am not a descendant of the Native People because I doubt I could contain my anger. Hugs and loves. Scottie

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 17:14