November 24, 2018

Christians Claim Dead Missionary Was A ‘Martyr’ – Call For Punishment Of Tribes People

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Atheism, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 13:04

And at least one prominent Christian group, International Christian Concern, is calling for the punishment of the isolated tribes people. According to reports the organization is calling Chau’s death a “murder,” and wants the native people responsible for Chau’s death “brought to justice.”

However, other, more reasonable people, would call the killing of Chau self-defense, given the real threat Chau posed to the Sentinelese people. Not only was Chau determined to corrupt their culture with his ignorant Christian superstition, the arrogant and deplorable Christian missionary was also willing to expose the isolated tribes people to disease and sickness they had no immunity to defend themselves against.

1. This christian group must- just as so called martyr – consist of knuckelheads .It is clear to thinking men, that it was forbidden to enter a 5-kilometer-zone around the Island. It was also known to any thinking people that the natives didnt want to be disturbed, And it was just this so called martyr, being posessed by the devils hipocrisy. that all those missionares promoting the priests religion of raping kids an of nuns killing the kids of unmerried woman, with the 99 dffrerent of bibl-versions, should no longer be called martyrs but tools of hell. bercause of trying to interfere in lives that stricly rejected to be proselitized.

Comment by miles — November 24, 2018 @ 13:57

• You are correct Miles that these people had great reason to worry about people coming near them. They had been abused before. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 14:55

2. Since when is revenge taken for a martyr ? He knew he was risking his life and had been advised not to go. We see this type of behaviour frequently today people going to countries with different customs and pushing their own beliefs on the natives.
    Of course it was the way the White man Christianised the Black man it was taken as self evident that Christian values were above all others.
    I suppose we in the western democracies think we have the best system in the world but whether we are at liberty to force it on others is a moot point.

Comment by kersten — November 24, 2018 @ 14:32

• I think of what happened when the white Christians came to the US. They committed genocide on the Native People. Columbus committed horrible atrocities to the natives in South America. All recorded by a Jesuit. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 15:04

• Our attitude was these are barbarians and should be treated as such , and we need to take over this country for ourselves , giving them all an example of how life should be lived. Those that resisted were hammered into shape and as time passed absorbed into our culture.
        Perhaps we need to take care we don’t attempt to enforce democracy in the same way , although many occupants of these countries seem to want to settle in western democracies. My suspicion is its the standard of living that attracts them not the way of life.

Comment by kersten — November 25, 2018 @ 05:11

• It could also be they are refuges fleeing war, death, violence, gangs and the many other things that are driving people to leave their country and make a hard dangerous journey to another country they may not be accepted in to. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 06:44

• In the UK we have 2.7 million Muslims the second largest religion in the country , the influx of refugees is quite a recent .

Comment by kersten — November 25, 2018 @ 09:37

3. Hi Scottie;
    I read this up when up north with the ‘rents and thought it incredible that someone would consider him a martyr. Then, the more I considered it, it does follow that for Christians who are missionary inspired, he would be a hero. For many Christians, to place your life on the line in the pursuit of sharing the Good News, is the ultimate in faith and love for God and all those who should have the opportunity to know….but, in reality, this is more closely aligned with the jihadist with a bomb.
    Why is it Scottie, that people are so outraged by the idea that someone doesn’t want to interact with them?
    hugs, my brother
    randy

Comment by randy — November 25, 2018 @ 09:43

• You are very correct in your saying it was more like a Jihadist because the germs he carried could easily kill all of the people there, and he knew that. He knew it was illegal to go there and he must have known why.
      Why don’t people accept others may not want what they are pushing, I think it is arrogance and ego. Have you ever known anyone who if they buy a certain car, that car is the best and everyone should buy one? If they have a certain brand of anything, it is always the best and others should buy it also. My god is the best and only god, so you need to change to my god. I support person XX so you need to also support XX. Never is a real reason given other than I have it so it is the best or I think it is correct so you must agree with me.

Hope you had a grand time with the folks. After the news I am going to do a baked Ziti using the sauce I made on Thanksgiving. Ron is finishing up trim projects in the front room. Be well brother. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 09:52

• Hey, dear Scottie and dear Randy, one goes on clear ice if one discusses this away from christian’s behaviour and their god.
        Don’t we, on Scotties toybox, try to persuade people , to what WE think? Okay, we dont hurt nobody physically, but we shure hurt others emotionally. And we take the right to do that most often in some kind of revenge

No my friends, this can’t be looked at as black and white, can it?
        It is easy to value, when there is a physical attack on Natives,
        it becomes somewhat more difficult, if our sole argument is, they don’t have to come here, or the only thing, they have to do, is to leave.
        He? Where does dispute end, and confrontation start? Isn’t that a question about from where one focusses? – and where too?

Comment by miles — November 25, 2018 @ 11:07

• Hello Miles. I am confused , sorry I do not understand what you are trying to say.

As you say here on my Toy Box I like to let people have their say on subjects. I also like it when people put the reason they support something in their comments. But at the end of the day a person can only change their own mind by what they read or hear. You can not change a persons mind by force. You can try to debate and argue and if those debating listen to each other there could be a change of point of view.

I think the situation of the person going to the island of these natives can be a black and white issue. Regardless of his religious faith , by going to the island when it was illegal to do so , he threaten every single one of them with death. That is pretty clear cut to me.

Where does dispute end and confrontation start? Well Miles according to the definition of confrontation it is the tone of the dispute. If the dispute is not highly emotional it would not be considered confrontational. The more anger or bitterly the people disagree the more confrontational it is.

I hope I understood your questions well enough to have the answers make sense. As I said I had trouble understanding what you were saying. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 12:22

• This was just part of some philosophical reasoning – no sweat. I sometimes do like to act as some kind of advocatus diabolus. I should have wr4itten at the End of my comment: pls. don’t take this too seeriously. I was just wondering In how far we do similar thing in our comment than “biblebelievers” do – okay except for the Bible of course.
            For instance: We try to persuade our imaginary readers to our

opinion
            mind [opinion]
            view [opinion]
            sentiment [opinion]
            argument
            belief
            sentence
            slant [personal point of view or opinion]
            position [view, opinion]
            sentiments
            voice [opinion]
            estimation [opinion]
            idea
            concept

point of focus, how we look at “things”.

No harm meant, Sorry if I interrupted you in some of any important thoughts 🙂

I am often goin to try to confront peoplein comments , just maybe to disturb people out of their brains lazyness an even probably from their egocentric thinking.
            No I am not as easy to care as it seems 🙂

Comment by mikles — November 25, 2018 @ 13:06

• I like your comments Miles. I just did not understand well what you were trying to say. Yes we do try to persuade people our view of a subject is correct. Some times we have to agree to disagree. And sometimes I get my view changed. Be well, hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 13:12

• Happy greetings and all the best to you, brother of my very good longyear-friend Scottie.

Comment by mikles — November 25, 2018 @ 13:24

• Thank you. You stay safe and warm. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 13:41

4. I have a grand punishment for them…. here you go, you ready???

No more missionaries sent to them to force convert them! They will never know the lord and saviour Jesus H Christ..

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 7, 2018 @ 09:31

• Love it! Can I get that punishment? Punish me please! Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 7, 2018 @ 10:56

• But on a serious note. Why would you punish a group of isolated people who stay to themselves, are no threat to you unless you invade their area. You are deadly to them, but if they kill you to protect themselves, they need to be punished. I am just not seeing the logic here, nor the world view that says punish the tribe for protecting themselves against being invaded and wiped out.

Some times Michelle I wonder if I am getting to locked into a mind set that can not expand to new ideas, but on this I just don’t see how the tribe was in the wrong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 7, 2018 @ 10:59

• I don’t either. Hence the only suitable punishment is to ban christian ministries and perhaps all christians from any contact with the tribe. This should be a life sentence for as long as christianity lives. No parole!

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 7, 2018 @ 11:30