November 24, 2018

I keep asking this, and Christians don’t like it.

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 12:26

1. Which of the 99 fairytalebooks – I mean different vorsions of these fairytales – do you mean? You no about Maria Magdalenas version The one Jesus was merried to and had his only daughter with? We should not talk about “the bible” here, cause “the Bible” does not exist. — and every priest interprets it differently.
    So lets better talk about the priests raping kids, or the nuns, killing kids by thousands, just because their mothers were unmerried
    Just the same holds true, but the nuns seem to be endowed with the Right to kill children of unmerried women, as we can find it in Ireland. Thats the truth about the hidden contens of these 99 Versions of murderish fairytales.

Comment by miles — November 24, 2018 @ 13:19

• Hello Miles. I think we can talk about all of it, and we should. Everything you mention is very important. But some groups of “spiritual Christians” cherry pick the bible parts the want to worship , mostly to show Jesus was a god of love and fellowship, that I think it is a good question to ask how they still call themselves Christians. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 14:50

• I didnt deny ,that this IS a really good question
        especially as Christians cant nor will answer it.

Comment by miles — November 24, 2018 @ 15:53

2. Clever Christians have no problem with this one they simply say ; I don’t take the whole Bible literally but every part teaches us life’s lessons.
    There are few people smarter than a smart Christian the reason being they have to make sense of Christianity , mind you some politicians come a close second.

Comment by kersten — November 24, 2018 @ 14:57

• Yes but a person who says they are a follower of Jesus yet do not follow the bible called the teachings of him are not really Christians are they? By definition they are not. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2018 @ 15:11

• You cannot define a Christian these days as you might have done in AD 33, but that’s not surprising since nearly all the labels we use are indefinable and depend upon personal preferences.

Comment by kersten — November 25, 2018 @ 08:00

• Would you say that applies to Muslims as well? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 11:06

• Yes definitely it applies to all systems of belief , I think Richard Dawkins mentions the variations of atheism . I my opinion that why it’s important that we all obey the agreed laws of the nation we live in and also it applies to those we travel in or take holidays in. I would go further myself and say that the laws of a nation must not pander to any secular or religious belief , perhaps a good example are the rules often enforced in schools and colleges.

Comment by kersten — November 25, 2018 @ 12:08

• You misunderstood my question Kersten. You said :

You cannot define a Christian these days as you might have done in AD 33, but thatโ€™s not surprising since nearly all the labels we use are indefinable and depend upon personal preferences.

Since you mentioned Christianity I wondered if you felt that was applicable to how we define and see Islam today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 12:27

3. And which Bible are you talking about? I was raised Catholic … Catholics have a different Bible than the Protestants do, as I found out when I was thirteen & I bought a King James Bible at a library book sale. Quite a few books are missing from the Protestant Bible. The Maccabees holding out against the Romans … I wondered why the Prods wanted that left out. That & other little facts are what pushed me into learning everything I could about Bible history & the REAL history of Jesus, which led me to losing my Catholic faith … but I GAINED SO MUCH MORE …

But it’s true, it doesn’t matter if you are talking to a Catholic or a Born-Again or a Mainstream Prod or a JW … they all pick & choose from the book & that’s the way it is. And they will explain away god’s assholery like they’re picking up dog poop in the yard so it’s not surprising that they are all trumpsters as well. Half of them don’t even bother to pick up the dog shit. They just walk over it like it’s not even there. They’re that good at seeing “only the good in god” … someone who isn’t even there.

Comment by silverapplequeen — November 25, 2018 @ 05:22

• Well said, well said! I remember how surprised I was when I learned there were different bibles and how the books were chosen. Some back ground on the cartoon. There is a pastor I use to chat with online. To get around wrong things in the bible he simply would claim he only followed Jesus. But he cheery picked what he thought his Jesus would want or said. I just felt he was trying to create his own religion. All because he did not want to believe his god would do the atrocities in the bible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 06:53

4. Your ontology is incoherent and you haven’t understood the argument. You need to focus on other-centered love and read the bible through the lens of Jesus … whoever he was. Or wasn’t.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by Arkenaten — November 25, 2018 @ 10:25

• Love it Ark! You sound just like him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 25, 2018 @ 10:30

• Really? That is a fallacious comment. I think your meaningless purposeless atheist faith demonstrates why your materialistic naturalist something or another is just clear evidence of you worshiping scientism. Jesus still loves and my pee-pee hurts.

Comment by Arkenaten — November 25, 2018 @ 10:35