November 27, 2018

Allergy testing

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 11:51

1. I totally sympathize with your condition, Scotty. All my allergist can tell me is I have “non-specific allergic Rhinitis.” I experience the same symptoms – the occasional “cleaning out the pipes.” It’s almost as if someone opened up the floodgates, and I can go thru a box of Kleenex in just 2 days.
    So now I have THREE nasal sprays – one that lubricates, soothes, and helps expel unwanted material from my sinuses. The other 2 are desiccating agents, which dry up my sinuses so completely, I have to use the lubricating spray, which in turn makes me need the drying-out sprays, which then cause me to need more of the soothing, lubricating spray, which……….AAAAARRRRRRGH!

So along with strict dietary guidelines, restrictions on my fluid intake, (for the Edema,) taking a dozen different medications,and careful monitoring and regulating of my disparate conditions, I often feel like a tightrope walker who juggles flaming torches, and works without a net.

Comment by Dennis Cole — November 27, 2018 @ 13:07

• Dennis I am so sorry for what you are going through. It sounds much worse than mine. I have been through this. I was living on Benadryl for the last 6 months. As I wrote to miles this is my third time on this. Turns out I can not keep my immunity. You know what bothers me most is my eyes as I do struggle to see anyway. That and trying to sleep as my sinuses drain into my throat causing me to choke and cough, which wakes my husband up.

You really do have it worse than me. As I told Miles, I will go back to taking weekly shots, and I will get better. I allergic to the cats ( and dogs but we don’t have them now ) but again that will be solved by the shots. The doctor prescribed new eye drops, new allergy medications, and even suggested some bath care products that may help reduce my exposure to the allergens.
      Dennis I am glad you are taking care of your self, and please keep me up to date. I care. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 15:50

• I guess i’ve had it for so long that I’m used to it. I also get that post-nasal “drip,” in the middle of the night; it causes me to dream that I’m drowning, sometimes facedown in a mud puddle, lol, because I actually stop breathing, until I can hack up the offending globs. Fortunately, it’s the only type of Apnea I have, so I don’t have to wear a mask all night. And what I’m mainly allergic to is simple (yet complicated) household dust. And I live in an area of No CA that experienced the worst air quality in the WORLD recently, from the smoke that drifted our way from the recent fires, so that didn’t help.

And since I have one major heart condition – CHF – along with a few minor ones, most antihistamines are out of the question. I CAN take Benadryl, but recent studies have shown that prolonged use can have deleterious effects, which I hope you’re aware of.

Anyhoo, thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy your blog, and I’m glad I signed up. (Air) kisses for you & Ron, and a wish that your condition improves – or at least doesn’t get any worse.

Dennis

Comment by Dennis Cole — November 28, 2018 @ 10:47

• They are going to try me on a nasal spray before bed to see it that helps. Oh great Zeus , with all those fires how do you breathe. I hope you have a good air purifier system. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 28, 2018 @ 12:09

2. I break out like that whenever I think too long about Trump. I had all those tests done a few years ago. There’s little I wasn’t allergic to. Luckily, my allergies aren’t as bad as when I was a kid.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 27, 2018 @ 14:43

• Really , that is interesting to me. You had bad allergies as a child? See I never noticed allergies until I was in WBP, by then I was my mid thirties. It just got worse and worse for me. So it sounds like you and I are going in different directions, you are getting better and I am getting worse. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 18:35

3. I had that done about 10 years ago. I found out that I’m allergic to just about everything except food.

Comment by silverapplequeen — November 28, 2018 @ 07:05

• I am sorry to hear that. This is my third go around. But my system is messed up and not really normal anyway. They said it happens some times, a person just cannot retain immunity. I am allergic to more things this time than before. I wonder how many shots it will be , last time it was one in each arm. Oh well I have a good allergist team and I will feel a lot better then the treatment kicks in. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 28, 2018 @ 12:05