November 27, 2018

Hair Furor Floats Idea Of State Television Network

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Criminal, Fascism, Harm, News, Political, Questions — Tags: , , — Scottie @ 08:23

Donald Trump, as we’ve known for 40 years, hates to cede the spotlight. So just as NASA was making an ultra-rare successful Mars landing that was carried live on some outlets, the president of the United States decided to float the idea of a state-run television network “to show the world the way we really are, GREAT.”

Trump’s idea — or that of whomever he heard say it this morning — would be laughable if it weren’t so ludicrous. And authoritarian. His first tweet is a slam at CNN, which “doesn’t do great based on ratings, outside the U.S.,” and he appears to think the real ratings gold could come from Citizens of the World being told what’s really going on here in ‘Murica.

1. Good grief, just imagine what that would be like. He really in clueless. Official propaganda media always tend to be stodgy, pompous, and humorless, and MAGA Patriotic Great USA TV would be especially so, with Hair Furor Agolf Twitler in charge. It would become the butt of joke after joke, like the official media in places like the USSR or Iran. Colbert and Maher and SNL and every cartoonist in the country would be down on their knees giving thanks for such a never-failing fountain of material to parody and ridicule. And if it would be broadcasted to other countries, all the more so there.

The InSight lander, by contrast, served as a reminder of what really is great about America, without any need for official propaganda or our fake President bloviating about it. Real greatness speaks for itself.

Comment by Infidel753 — November 27, 2018 @ 08:54

• Agreed. I watched the video of it landing. What an achievement. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 09:31

• Hair Furor Agolf Twitler — Infidel … you DO have a way with words!!! 😍

Comment by Nan — November 27, 2018 @ 16:00

• I have to give Nonnie9999 credit for “Twitler”. “Agolf” is original with me, as far as I know. 🙂

Comment by Infidel753 — November 27, 2018 @ 20:03

2. I do a bit of naked eye star gazing and I’ve been watching Mars grow dimmer as the orbits draw apart , it’s curious sometimes it’s very red at others a very pale orange. In July it was as bright as Jupiter but now just another bright star. To think something has landed there is quite amazing. Spoof news by Mr Trump and company I doubt it would match the BBC.

Comment by kersten — November 27, 2018 @ 09:45

• I am also amazed at the ability and intelligence of the people who pulled this off. I admit I am not a star gazer, I can not make heads or tails of the vast array of lights in the sky. But I do admire what we have learned. But please do not take it lightly that tRump and crew want a state TV. It is very clear to anyone watching that tRump hates the restrictions on him and “his truth” and would prefer to rule as the dictators and authoritarians as he admires do. That includes a state TV media. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 15:12

3. I thought we already had state controlled TV with Fox

Comment by maryplumbago — November 27, 2018 @ 15:50

• Hello Mary, I thought so my self. Turns out that Fox News is the get out the vote and drum up support for republicans media. That is slightly different from a state TV. One is an arm of the GOP the other is an arm of the executive branch. The republicans should be careful what they wish for, think if Obama had his own state TV network to broadcast propaganda? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 27, 2018 @ 18:56