December 1, 2018

For the Tenth Year, “There Are No Gods” Sign Goes Up in IL Capitol Building

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, News, Political, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 06:56

1. Amen too that!

Comment by nationofnope — December 1, 2018 @ 07:00

• Yes, the more we can see that, the more the different opinions are displayed , the more people might learn. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 1, 2018 @ 07:05

• I have a bit of a different opinion on this sign. I support the message behind the message, but I think it’s too “in-your-face.” Too “atheistic.” I know that may sound strange, but I just think the message is harsh as it stands. But hey! I guess the FFRF members like it so who am I to say?

Comment by Nan — December 1, 2018 @ 12:22

• Nan, you have a right to your say. You have a right to your opinion. Our country is so large that what works in one area will never work in an other. That is why we need many voices. I have lived with pushy in your face Christians for most of my life. In the last five to ten years not so much. Heck ( oops ) the church behind out home use to give us the tables and chairs to do our big carport thanksgivings meals at no cost or trouble. We asked and they passed it over the short fence out back. We cleaned the stuff and returned ti the same way. The are good neighbors. Yet I get angry at the many lawns around me that spring up “Put Christ back in Christmas” each December. They are normally the same elderly white people who just can’t let it go. They miss Bill O’Reilly and think he was a saint for fighting the war on Christmas for god and country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 1, 2018 @ 12:32

• Oh I get where you’re coming from, Scottie! But my take is no one is going to win a person over to “their side” with “in your face” remarks.

This is one reason I avoid some of the discussions between believers and non-believers on Christian blogs. It tends to get pretty nasty at times. Yes, the same can be said the other way around, but IMO, it happens more when atheists visit Christian blogs. Some believers just seem to have a difficult time defending their faith without getting angry. They say it’s because atheists “attack” their faith … but good grief! They aren’t being crucified like their leader! Surely they can take a few verbal spears thrown their way.

Anyway, I just tend to think more can be accomplished without being confrontational.

Comment by Nan — December 1, 2018 @ 12:52

• Sometimes one is simply obliged to draw a line in the sand and say:

”Hey look …. a line in the sand!”
              😉

Comment by Arkenaten — December 2, 2018 @ 12:14

• Obviously, I’m not getting my point across. I agree with the thought behind the sign. Totally. I just think the same thing could be said in a different way. But I’m not an FFRF member so it’s … JMO.

Comment by Nan — December 2, 2018 @ 13:02

• I was not necessarily disagreeing with you, Nan. Have another squizz at my tongue-in-cheek comment.

Comment by Arkenaten — December 2, 2018 @ 13:49

• I understand you Nan. And with some people in some places your way would work a lot better. But some times not. But the important thing is everyone is able to do it there way and some times the theists listen. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 2, 2018 @ 14:20