December 8, 2018

I found this interesting.

Filed under: Criminal, Fascism, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 05:52

** Editorial Note ***   Please see Michelle’s comment below.  She understands math much better than I and she says these statistics are skewed.  I respect her judgement and I know math is not my friend.  Hugs

Thumbnail

1. Interesting. Post 911, Twenty four percent of US domestic terror was a result of Islamic perps. Ask your self what percent of the population are Muslims. Kinda looks to be disproportionately skewed too one demographic. On the other hand statistics were never my strong suit.

Comment by nationofnope — December 8, 2018 @ 10:24

• The source is verified, the data for the percentages I did not verify. But I did google the FBI stats and it is real that in the US you have a greater chance of right wing violence rather than violence by a Muslim. Math is not something I am great with either. Maybe it is as SliverAppleQueen said and it is not the religion so much as the nature of the person? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 16:06

• Again, all you need to know is there for the reading. They have a very clear delineation between believers and none believers. They are in it for the long run and there goals are in black and white. It’s hard to argue with the perfect word of god as immortalized by the gods true and last profit. If you think it can’t happen here consider 8 years of W. and now tRump who has nearly a 90% approval rating with Republicans.

Comment by nationofnope — December 9, 2018 @ 16:28

• Oh I agree Nationofhope, that the religion demands they spread their faith world wide and become the dominate religion. Yet spreading the word of their god is not limited to Islam and Muslims. Remember there was just recently a Christian who felt it his duty to go to an Island where his very presence could be deadly to the people on the island, he broke the law to try to convert them to his religion. I read all the time of Christians sneaking bibles into China, illegally crossing the Chinese border to evangelize to the people there. Now that said Christians do not often convert at the point of the gun or knife , it just seems that way to me. I would like to get ride of or at least de-fang all religions. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 16:34

2. Only 1.1% of the population of the USA are counted as muslims. you are a really thorough observer. 🙂
    What can be said, is, that most extremist murders are committed with a religious/terrorist background.

Comment by miles — December 8, 2018 @ 11:19

• Yes I agree , seems religion breeds some extreme people, doesn’t it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 16:18

3. That’s an interesting pie chart. With how mainstream media reports extremist attacks, one would think the Muslim and Right-Wing stats would be reversed.

Comment by ospreyshire — December 8, 2018 @ 14:56

• I know. I did some research into the stats last year when a anti Islam person came to my blog and attacked Muslims. So I found out these stats, and the person freaked out on me that I was attacking Christianity and was a Muslim lover. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 16:19

• Hi dear Scottie, I was in great sorrow. But now you’re back again. I do hope you feel well?
        Big hugs 🙂 X

Comment by miles — December 9, 2018 @ 16:29

• Sorry to scare you Miles. I have been in terrible pain and not sleeping. My bone / muscle / nerve condition. I seem to have done some damage to my older right hip replacement. I couldn’t straighten out my right leg. I couldn’t have any pressure on the hip. I tried to use the laptop while laying down but it was too hard to handle and Ron thought I should just take a day or two off. I am back now. I am still in a lot of pain, but and sitting is hard, but I got three hours sleep this afternoon so I should be god for a while. You are a grand man for noticing. Thanks you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 16:38

• Hi man, this is, what friends are for. One sentence : If you use your walker more often, that would take weight from your hipjoints.
            The hardest painkillerws that I had to take lately, were ibuprofen600rds for three weeks, to help me with my virus inflammation in the nasal septum. It hurt some, but the worst, it has influenced my kidneys reducing their function to some 50%..
            I don’t dare thinking, I might have one time so much pain, that you have to cope with.
            I think we all missed you, I just was the one to write it down. And how are Ron, and Milo and Odis?
            Pls. stay healthy.
            hugs.

Comment by miles — December 9, 2018 @ 17:43

• Hello Miles. The family is all good. Ron has a couple days off. We are going to take it easy. I went back to bed with Ron this afternoon and got three and a half hours sleep. The cats were with us. Milo on my pillow and Odis between Ron and I.
              No using my walker wont help at this point. I do use it when I can not walk unsupported and to carry something. I have my canes. Part of the problem is not knowing where the issue, the pain is really from. Was it damage to the hip, or damage to the spine causing the nerves to act like there was a problem with the hip. Or both. I think what happened was the last few days I have sat on the stool int he kitchen making meals. The stool has a narrow seat and no back support. Ron thinks it stressed my back and put pressure on my hip. Either way I am on rest for a while. Just ate and I could go right back to sleep. Thanks for the suggestion. Take care of your kidneys, you need them and they are hard to replace. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 9, 2018 @ 18:01

• I think, Ron is rightyou should never sit and do any work with your back unsupported, especially when you lean backward and forwardwhile working, leaving your spine- and hip-support just to your muscles that are not used to that support.
                concerning the murder-Stats:

77% are done from 66% christians in the USA; while
                24% are done from 1.1% muslims in the USA.

This may be the case, because Muslim -Terrorism is investigated much more in depth than murders comitted by christians. There is just a difference in the naming of Murders of muslim-TERRORISM and murders COMITTED BY christians.
                One always has to consider the reason, why a stats. has been setup.
                So in long years we in Germany had nearly no rightwing terrorism, cause the police was one-eyed , just looking into leftwing- terrorism.

Comment by miles — December 10, 2018 @ 08:25

• Yes I agree. Today the department of justice no longer classify terrorism any act committed by white people. White right wing terrorism no longer is a category. To be a terrorist you must be Brown / black. Notice the white people recently arrest for shootings and bomb mailing, neither were prosecuted as a terrorist. But if a brown Muslim had done them it would be. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 09:20

• Gotcha. Sorry to hear about that person harassing you online. It’s strange how some people freak out whenever you present the truth, in this case extremist stats.

Comment by ospreyshire — December 9, 2018 @ 19:52

4. If you Cherry pick the numbers. That is the only way to get this pie chart.
    “According to the University of Maryland’s START consortium, between 12 September 2001 and 2016 there were 31 fatal “Islamist extremist” attacks, leading to 119 deaths. In the same time period, there were 89 “far-right extremist” attacks, resulting in a total of 158 deaths. ”

However including one day further back and 3000+ deaths attributed to islam extremists. suddenly the numbers flip.

“Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group of terrorists by ideology and account for 219 murders and 6.6 percent of all terrorist deaths. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was 1 in 33 million per year. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history after 9/11, killed 168 people and accounted for 77 percent of the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed 5 since then, including Charlottesville. Meanwhile, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year. Regardless of the recent upswing in deaths from Left Wing terrorism since 2016, Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have killed about 10 times as many people since 1992. Terrorists with unknown or other motivations were the least deadly. ”

That from Cato institute and backed up by FBI numbers. However things like the shooting of Gifford the congress woman, the attack on the GOP baseball game ect are not included as terrorism. They should be. All murdr for ideology should be terrorism. The cop in California also not included. As well as many others.

These numbers are sad eitherway. But they are extremely scewed to come up with this statistic. Which makes them false and misleading as well as not honest.

hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 13, 2018 @ 14:24

• Hello Michelle. I thank you for going over the numbers for this, math and I are not good friends. I totally agree all acts of terror should be included. ( dang it , had a hang nail and with out thinking just tore it deep into my finger. Now it is going to be a bigger problem. ) I do not like the idea that some groups are to be labeled terrorist due to their acts, but others who commit the same or similar acts are not classified the same way.

So let me ask you. If we don’t cherry pick the numbers but let them lay as they do with in the parameters we set are we looking at a similar graph? If I understand averages correctly we have to take the top and the bottom and remove them, right? So if we remove the biggest top, being the trade center plane attacks, and I think also the Oklahoma city bombing by Timothy McVeigh, what are we left with. Is this even the right way to do do this? Should we count each act as a single point, or count the victims individually as a point? Are we taking just the continental US or all the world? It gets very hard for me who is not good at math and yet I want to represent the facts correctly. I know , as I have said, subjectively I where I live am in more danger from white Christians than I am from Muslims. But what of the rest of the country.

As I read your comment again it seems like you are agreeing with the basis of the posted statistics just not the amounts? Do I understand correctly?

I could be wrong on my understanding. But I would love to have the correct numbers to post. I tend to be too sentimental sometimes. ( just got done crying my eyes out over the song I posted about the cowboy hat ) but when it comes to terrorizing people, hurting people for political or religious gain, I would like to be correct. How can we punish the offenders if we don’t know the truth about who is doing the crimes? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 13, 2018 @ 15:21

• I am saying if I selectively use a limited scope IE: Sept 12th, 2001-August, 31 2016 then I am not accurately reflecting the numbers. By doing this we leave off Sept 11 and the Oklahoma city bombing. The two worst attacks on american soil. It also excludes the Florida night club (Yes a hate crime committed by a Muslim) but it was also intended to terrorize.

To have a better set of numbers you’d need to go back to Bill Ayers and the weather under ground and perhaps even farther. We’d need to define an act of terror and apply it equally to all murders. Does a man who kills five of his famil members count as a terrorist act? Does a cop who goes crazy count? Should we only look at murders or all shootings. After all I don’t have to kill you to make you afraid. Do hate crimes like Florida disco count?

See these are conveniently left off and we intentionally leave of everything before 9/12/2001 and after 12/31/2016. Did you know there was a serious uptick in violence by the left in 2017 and 2018? Those numbers surpassed right wing numbers by a long shot. So would it be fair to say 54% of all terror activity is caused by leftist? based solely on 2017 and 2018 numbers? Is it terrorism to kidnap someone and torture him even though he doesn’t die just because you don’t like who he may have voted for?

What I am saying is yes this is sort of true if you narrowly define terrorism to exclude hate crimes, exclude family violence, and exclude non lethal terrorism. Yes it is sort of true if you exclude dates and limit your search to only dates that prove your point. The right could do the same right now by saying starting in 2017 to present the left now makes up a vast majority of terror attacks. They would also be telling a partial truth to get a particular outcome.

See you could do the same by saying 100% of all terror attacks were carried out by muslims in the US. Including only 9/11/2001. Would that be a fair and reflective number? Nope. But it would be a truthful statistic that is only partial truth in reality.

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 13, 2018 @ 15:45

• Thank you. I would prefer to know the real numbers from a set start date, like 1950 to as close to the current day as possible. That part is easy. What crimes to include is harder because some have specific legal definitions. I do not have an answer for that, sorry. I am just about smart enough to admit when I simply do not have the answers.

I read once that smart people can make statistics lie. I hate that. I have to be able to depend on information if I am going to pass it on to my readers. Thank you for breaking it all down. Happy holidays. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 14, 2018 @ 12:25

• I added an editorial note to the post. You may want to check it out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 13, 2018 @ 15:28