December 10, 2018

I am going to bed. Yes it is only 6 PM ( 1800 )

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 17:56

I am going to bed.  I see I have comments to reply to but I just am too dang sore.  Even with my med’s I can not concentrate .  Ron made a wonderful meal tonight of cooked carrots, broccoli in a deep cheese sauce, a roasted bit of beast, and lots of potatoes with a dark brown gravy.   He brought me in some of each to my office and then I went and got more.  Yes it was so good.  I love potatoes and gravy. Veggies I will eat with lots of cheese or salt.    But now after a hard day when I have been up since 4 AM I am really tired.  I will get to everyone’s comments tomorrow and I promise to answer as best I can.  But I have reached the end of my rope.  Best wishes.  Hugs

1. I’ve done the same several nights lately … we just have so much energy and when it’s gone, it’s gone. Sleep well, my friend. Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — December 11, 2018 @ 00:36

• Thank you , I slept well. I hope you got some rest also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:43

• Heh heh … A whopping 2-3 hours in 5-minute increments! Sigh. No wonder there are suitcases beneath my eyes! Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — December 12, 2018 @ 02:18

2. Hi Scotty, I go to bed around 7 pm almost every night & I get up between 4 & 4:30 each morning. Sometimes I go to bed at 6 … it’s dark then & I’m tired & there’s nothing to do & I like my bed. My son (he’s 25) says that my “goal” is to stay up until at least 8 p.m. & sleep until at least 5 or 6 a.m. but this is how my body works & I like the early mornings … I like the quiet & the dark & I absolutely adore the sunrise.

I hope you have a fabulous day today! Hugs

Comment by silverapplequeen — December 11, 2018 @ 05:33

• We are alike in our hours. I wake up naturally between four and five, and most days get out of bed at five AM. This morning I woke up at 4:30 and got up at five. I try to stay up till 8 also , but rarely make it. Nights Ron works I make coffee for him and have a cup so I can try to stay up later. Ron is the on the other side. He can stay up very late, but hates to get up in the morning. This morning I have to get him up at 8 AM as he works tonight and will have to go back to bed at noon. Best wishes for you also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:54

3. When I was diagnosed with CHF back in 2014, my cardiologist told me, “Nothing’s going to be “normal” for you anymore, so here’s what you should do: When you get tired, go ahead and lay down; take a nap, or call it bedtime whenever you feel like you need to. When you get hungry, eat something. Don’t feel like socializing? Stay home, but don’t become a recluse – you need to stay somewhat active, and interaction with others is important. Find a hobby, if you don’t already have one. But most importantly, DON’T OVERDO IT. Make the most out of whatever time you have left; many of my patients with CHF have been living with the condition for a lot of years, so if you have a healthy diet, and get some moderate exercise regularly, then I expect you to live at least another 10 years, if not more.”

Sage advice from a man who not only saved my life, but is responsible for helping me prolong it.

So don’t feel as if you have to reply to every comment every time; take good care of you, and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment by Dennis Cole — December 11, 2018 @ 14:09