December 10, 2018

Newsweek: Man Sucker Punches Woman Causing Spine Fracture in Homophobic New York Subway Attack

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 06:56

Man Sucker Punches Woman Causing Spine Fracture in Homophobic New York Subway Attack
Newsweek

The suspect called the woman a “d*ke” after he saw another woman kiss her cheek. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. It’s unfortunate that a black man did this. The reasons behind his actions are bad enough, but now “white people” have one more reason to slam black people. On the other hand, the homophobics may actually praise him!

This society sucks.

Comment by Nan — December 10, 2018 @ 11:40

• Yes. What amazes me is the dehumanization of the “other” to the point he felt it was OK to lash out in anger and hurt someone he felt was less a person than he felt he was. The idea that hurting someone just for being different than you like is something you have the right to do is something I can not understand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 11:54

2. It’s the slow and not so slow deterioration of our society

Comment by maryplumbago — December 10, 2018 @ 13:57

• Yes, but what spawns it, and what empowers those who keep doing it? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 14:15

3. That is a good question and one I’ve thought about many times…basically what makes people mean.
    Somehow I think it’s a lack of joy in their lives and /or a deep need to feel superior.
    A man or woman that is truly joyful is rarely a mean or unkind person.
    And what causes the lack of joy? I’d say it’s very complex from early childhood trauma, actual mental illness and missing certain neurological links that form cognitive ability to decipher a feeling (not knowledge) of right and wrong, which most people have to some degree.
    It can be severe indoctrination like religion or politics, which can be activated in a weak or slow mind.

If you want to see how horrible people can really be to the “other”, read Padre Steve’s blog today and one he did the other day on the holocaust. There is no bottom line to mans cruelty.

Comment by maryplumbago — December 10, 2018 @ 14:30

• What makes people mean?
      The knowledge that no moral institution will punish them eternally and the feel of own power over others. – most probably?

Comment by miles — December 10, 2018 @ 15:23

• I think you may be correct Miles. The worst villains in history all thought they were above any laws. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 16:06

• How christian laws increases criminal acts of the clergy and the raping of women:
        Priests raping children don‘t care for their victims.
        This is, because they know for sure, they just have to go to their church for confession. They will get absolution in any case after having confessed, after they have shown feigned remorse and having done some repentence.
        And the best of confession is, that the priest is not going to tell about what he has heard in the confession.
        It is the strictest law that the priest would not tell to anybody; be it to his upper charges in the clergy, but especially not to prosecutors. Not even under torture or the threat to be killed is a priest to tell what info a confessor has given to him, while in the confession.
        The churches have passed concordates with all the states that say, that priests have not to tell
        prosecuters, what they have heard in confessions. It is stated in these concardates, that the churches deal with crimes of their subordinate clergy by themselves – and only by themselves.

This means that often the higher clergy doesn’t get informed about crimes their priests and nuns commit. Well then, if no one complains …

And so the childmolesters get sent away to another communities, when their criminal acts become too obvious, and the same horrible „Game“ continues, because the sins have been forgiven – all their sins in the confession.
        So the only thing that could be done , is to fight that part of the concordates, that deal with prosecution of raping child abuse and murder. the prosecution theses crimes must strictly – and in all cases be give to police-prosecutors.

That would mean a yearlong fight against part of the concordates.

Comment by miles — December 10, 2018 @ 16:31

• Hello Miles. I know you care very deeply about children who may be abused, as do I. I hope with the news we have had in Ireland and in other places that the time for the churches, any churches to hide abuse is over. Yes the Catholic church is still hiding and paying the violating priests living wage, but also so are churches in the USA like Mormons, and the Sociologist. We really need to look at them also as I have been watching heart breaking videos of people trying to confront their abusers in each of these religions. Sorry Miles, this is hard for me to deal with. If I have missed anything let me know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 16:46

• Hello Mary. I think I disagree with your first two reasons. I had early childhood trauma having been sexually and physically abused, because of that and the dysfunction in our home I was sent for meany years to therapy which could be said I had a mental illness.

But even with my health issues I have no lack of joy in my life, and I treasure everything I do have. If a person has a reason to be bitter I could qualify, but I am not. I am not bitter. Yes I sometimes break down in tears and emotions overwhelm me , but that is normal I think for what I remember. I think if you are discriminated against, if you are threatened, if you are the one who is bullied, then you understand how harmful it is and you will do all you can to stop it. To prevent another from going through what you did. I may not be typical, but I think it is more those who do not know suffering and harm who are so callous as to make light of it. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 16:03

4. True, Scottie. I just meant early childhood trauma ‘”could ” be a contributing factor. Obviously you needing therapy and rightfully so, and was not therapy for a physiological defect in your brain that curtails empathy and feelings, but to deal with the trauma.
    Psychopaths lack the mental ability to feel empathy or sympathy and that’s what many of these mean people are.

Plenty of people have horrible childhoods and don’t turn out mean and so called normal childhoods where people do become mean.

The desire for power over others in an ego rush way, I believe is a form of mental illness in that their brains are different in some rudimentary way.

Perhaps the professor could add to this, wherever he is.😊

Comment by maryplumbago — December 10, 2018 @ 16:22

• Hello Mary, you are very correct that psychopaths lack empathy or sympathy. To me that makes them so very scary. I think you said it very well. I know the Professor Taboo could have a lot more to say on this, but the Professor is very busy last I checked. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 10, 2018 @ 16:34

• I adore anyones optimism thinking, I don’t meanbelieving; that the time for the churches, any churches to hide abuse is over.
        This is not the case.
        In ‘Germany the catholik church found out that neartly 1800 <priest have abused more than 4000 kids. The catholic church gave the data they said they had??? to the prosecuters. some of them said, the documants were to such an extent incomplete, that they were nearly no help in getting to the bottom of the the cases. I expect that the church filtered the documents intentionally
        JUST BECAUSE OF THE CONCRDATE and maybe wrecking the rest.
        … “that the time for the churches, any churches to hide abuse is over.”

This is definitely not the case. For the sake of the Kids and the raped women we should NOT KID OURSELVES. please, Please please

Comment by miles — December 10, 2018 @ 17:24

• I understand Miles. People are not going to give any group or religion a pass anymore. We can not afford to as this shows the church will not police it self and stop the abuse. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:40