December 10, 2018

Oh my Non-Gods can these people any less entitled or wrong.

Filed under: Atheism, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 16:30

1. Hi Scottie;
    I’ve been reading a bit lately about leading when you are not the one in charge. One of the interesting points the author made was that people like to dictate results. In other words, they like to believe they have a vision of how things should be, express that to others and even demand the change be made. In reflection on this post, the number of people who will absolutely demand this be shown is far less than the number who will give a hat to a homeless man freezing in the cold, or buy a stranger a sandwich, or see a sick person and offer them warmth and comfort. Why? Well, one is moral outrage, the other requires work.
    So, here is the big question: For those who are morally outraged about the Nativity not being shown, what are your feelings about a young family, father, mother, child, who seek a better life and now await extradition back to the death they hoped to escape?

hugs
    randy

Comment by randy — December 10, 2018 @ 17:01

• Hello Randy, how are you my brother. I agree with what you wrote. I think the display of their religious artifacts are all about power and status, not about bringing anyone to their god nor about helping others. In one state, a state legislator is furious because he demanded to put up Christian symbols in the capital and then the governor let the Satanic Temple put up a figure of their own with the words about thinking on it. He is demanding the other symbols come down as only his religion deserves a spot in the capital. So yes you are correct, they wont help anyone else, but they will pound their chest and congratulate themselves in how grand they are. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:27

2. The guy wrote: I believe that a town deserves to have Jesus Christ in it.” It could just as easily be written: “I believe every person in every town should have Jesus Christ.” That’s their entire philosophy. Doesn’t matter what YOU want or believe … their desires are paramount. And this is why the fight against Christianity will never cease.

Comment by Nan — December 10, 2018 @ 17:10

• Nan, it’s basically a philosophy/theology of insecurity. I can’t accept that others aren’t like me. It makes me feel like something is wrong with me for believing when others don’t. So I preach the gospel to make others accept and believe the way I do, or at least to drown out their unbelief and objections so I don’t have to hear them.

Comment by grabaspine — December 10, 2018 @ 21:38

• Well said Grabaspine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:42

• Thx Scottie. Hope all is well

Comment by grabaspine — December 11, 2018 @ 06:45

• Yes, it is a wonderful morning. A bit cool but I opened the front windows for the cats. They love the fresh air and new smells. I am going to take a break in a bit to try to make some breakfast. I hope your day is wonderful also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:56

• Yes, they really want a theocracy of their own religion being in charge. To heck with others views. You will be required to display their approved religious symbols , to wear what they agree you should wear, eat what they think their god approved, and so forth. I am not sure they even understand the constitution they are actively trying to destroy. It is a case of all the rights and privileges are for me, not you. If you want them you have to join me. Sounds like the Chinese communist party. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:31

3. When I lived in Lowell, MA, the city put up a giant manger scene on the plaza in front of the city hall. I was amazed; you’d never see anything like that in any city in NY. Those days are long gone. I’m Dianic Wiccan & I believe in the separation of church & state but I had to admit that it was beautiful … it was a REAL BARN with almost life-sized manikins for Mary & Joseph & the shepherd & the wise men. The animals looked real. They had real straw all over the place. Jesus looked like a two-year old baby & I thought, gee the real miracle would be pushing a child that size out of your vagina.

BUT what was REALLY COOL was that RIGHT NEXT to this giant-sized manger scene was that they put up a GOLDEN PAGODA with a giant Buddha in it & it was lit up like Christmas itself. Lowell has a huge Vietnamese population & most of them are Buddhist so that was how the head honchos in Lowell handled that. NO banning this or that. No … they invited the other religions in. Like I said, I believe in the separation of Church & State but if you don’t have a “state religion”, then any reasonable person can’t object to the state promoting ALL religions & ALL spiritual practices. The only other alternative is nothing at all … which is OK but boring IMHO.

Personally, I thought all they needed was a lit-up menorah for Hanukkah. Maybe a Pentacle for the Pagans but ya know … the whole Jesus story is pagan anyway. I don’t have any problems with any of that, myself. Just the lies the Christians tell themselves about the “truth” of it.

Comment by silverapplequeen — December 11, 2018 @ 05:19

• I agree. I love to see displays as long as all are allowed to be represented. I would love to see that display. What I have always wanted to see is the situation reversed. Say where Jewish , or Islamic , or Buddhist symbols were allowed and the Christian groups told they couldn’t. Their heads would explode and they would storm the city hall with complaints of begin discriminated against. The Christians seem to have no idea how entitled they come off acting. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 11, 2018 @ 06:51