December 19, 2018

Repeal and they never replace

Filed under: Cartoons, Health, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 07:21

1. They never intended to replace. They only want to dismantle everything “Obama”. Nothing more.

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 19, 2018 @ 08:44

• That seems both heartless and like political suicide to me? If people need medical help and can not get it they will take that anger out on the ones they feel took the care from them. Healthcare was the number one priority according to polls. Even some republicans were running adverts saying they were the ones protecting the pre-existing condition clause, and the keep you child on your insurance until 26, and other ACA policies that they ere trying to kill so many time. It was weird to what someone currently suing to kill the ACA claim to be trying to protect its provisions. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 19, 2018 @ 12:16

• The longer they can talk about how they are “going to fix it” the better politically for them. Why? Because the democrats don’t seem to be hitting back. Besides their base hated the former president and anything that gets rid of what he did to erase him and his legacy the better as well.

But beware the Democrats will do the same with the currnt president. Repeal everything, erase him if they can.

What goes around you know….

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 19, 2018 @ 13:54

• I can support regulating many of the things that were deregulated by the tRump administration. I prefer my national parks and preserved lands with out oil drilling rigs on them and mining equipment destroying the landscape. I want stronger air, water, and food standards and regulations. I like clean air, I like clean water, I want to know what I am eating will not make me very sick. But really everything tRumps crew have done except his tax cuts have been executive orders. As those orders attacked things the Obama administration attempted with out reason, I think it is fair to return to the time before tRump. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 19, 2018 @ 14:19

• Oh I am not saying it’s not fair. I am saying it is coming.

Look no further than the Democrats first using the nuclear option. I said it then that will come back to haunt them. It did. What goes around comes around. So what they do to erase Obama the Democrats will get power and double down to erase Trump. The circle will get more and more vicious not less. That is a sad state for our nation honestly as each reaches for more power and each erases the predicessor.

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 19, 2018 @ 14:27

• I don’t know what more Harry Reid could have done. The republicans were being obstructionists. They refused to let any nominations get approved. They wanted to keep any court seats open until they could pack the courts as they are doing right now. tRump has gotten 3 times as many judges approved by Mitch McConnell as Obama was able to get approved in 8 years.

I use to say the Democrats shouldn’t play the republicans game. We should be above it. You know what happened, Democrats got used and abused. Every time a Democrat is in office with an opposition house or senate, the republicans do all they can to obstruct and make life miserable for the President. They hold hearings and investigations repeatedly over everything. Then when it reverses and a Republican becomes president the Republicans insist the Democrats not do as the Republicans did and play extra nice. No don’t investigate anything, no don’t hold hearings, work for bipartisanship. Did you hear what McConnell said about how he hoped the Democrats would not try to hold up any of tRump’s nominees as that would be unfair and unprecedented. He really did say that at a press conference when he had held the Merrick Garland nomination up for over a year. I know 2 wrongs do not make aright, but the only way the republicans are going to learn to play fair is to get hit hard and dirty just as they were hitting dirty when they were in charge of the house and senate. Then maybe when they get tired of it, they will agree to both sides not doing it. Right now the republicans want the freedom to be as nasty as they want to be and demand the democrats play nice and gentle. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 19, 2018 @ 14:58

• Oh we agree. I’m just saying what one does the other picks up. This side uses nuclear so the other side does, This plays dirty so not the other does. They go round and round until there is no fundamental difference between them. /shrug

It’s a slippery slope.

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 19, 2018 @ 15:01

• I think we both can agree we have enough oil pipelines and the Keystone XL pipeline that tRump OK needs to be totally stopped and the land returned to its rightful owners the Native People and any mess cleaned up at the expense of the pipeline builders. See we find lots of common ground. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 19, 2018 @ 14:23