December 21, 2018

Project Blitz, the Christian Right’s Legislative Playbook, Is Expanding in 2019

A very important read about the plan to Christize America and make it a Christian nation for Christians only.   Hugs

Back in May, we learned about “Project Blitz,” the Christian Right’s three-pronged strategy to push their faith through the government. The name referred to the idea that if Christian politicians jammed legislatures with a variety of bills, some of them would eventually pass.

There were three categories of bills they hoped to pass: Symbolic ones (like putting “In God We Trust” everywhere), pro-Christian ones (like passing “Christian Heritage Week” resolutions), and anti-everybody-else ones (like bills that allow Christian business owners to discriminate against gay customers).

First, there are three specific goals these Christians hope to accomplish. One of them, a “free speech” policy, is legislation that says public schools can’t get in the way of students who want to pray. (Spoiler: No one was getting in the way of that.) Another makes sure “In God We Trust” license plates are available in every state. The third, which was also a 2018 goal, is much more disturbing. It urges states to pass resolutions “favoring sexual intercourse only between a man and a woman.”

That doesn’t violate the Supreme Court ruling legalizing marriage equality, they say; it just lets states affirm that straight sex is the best sex because — according to their sample legislation — “the health care costs for HIV/AIDS… are highly significant, estimated to be in the billions of dollars annually in our nation.”

See? It’s not anti-gay! It’s about public health! (Brought to you by the same people who opposed the Affordable Care Act.)

Clarkson notes that this also contributes to the anti-LGBTQ rhetoric of evangelical Christians who oppose gay couples adopting kids or taking in foster children.

1. It weren’t the smartest from old Europe that fled to Noth-America for religious freedom. It was them most cruel and stupid ones, as we can see now.
    Cause it were the most spiritual obediant cowards that left Europa. To become rich, by any means, was the only goal and it still is.

“Project Blitz, the Christian Right’s Legislative Playbook” looks so much as directed from stupid republicans, for just their own sake, — and the dump clergy doesn’t notice, that they are just and only being used on a long but golden leach.

Comment by miles — December 21, 2018 @ 11:23

• So many of the hard right are religious bigots including lots of republican congresspeople. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2018 @ 11:52

2. While I am — obviously — against the Christian Right’s efforts (actually, right, left, or in-between Christian efforts) to increase their control over the average citizen, I wonder just how effective they will be. Outside of the southern states, their influence isn’t quite as strong so they might be in for a fight. But then again …

In any event, it’s disturbing.

Comment by Nan — December 21, 2018 @ 12:04

• Hello Nan. Actually they have gotten quite a few wins. State legislators tend to be more religious than even the Federal congress. Plus the Christians throw a lot of money at the state legislators and they are not use to that. The secular group fighting back can not match the money bribes. Even those legislators who are not religious may still be bigots that vote for discrimation of any kind on the LGBTQ community. It is a serious threat. I liken it to ALEX, the conservative group that has for a few years getting states to push concertive laws on taxes and stuff. They write the actual bills and then the legislator signs it and they push it through as best they can. That has even worked at the federal level. These groups scare me because they are anti democracy and only care about their personal issues. The wont compromise because god and money are on their side. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2018 @ 12:13

• I may be mistaken, but from your response, it sounds like the “wins” have been more within the states. Of course, this would disturb you because you’re in one of the “states” that supports such actions. I was speaking more from a nationwide POV.

Comment by Nan — December 21, 2018 @ 12:25

• Oh yes, sorry this is a state by state thing. They try to flood states with huge numbers of bills hoping no one can defend against all of them, so some get through and become laws. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2018 @ 13:05

3. Another sick example of my morals are the only morals BS from Christians.

I hate that any person thinks they have the absolute morally superior position on ANYTHING!

Comment by Michelle Styles — December 26, 2018 @ 18:49

• I wonder Michelle, if it would be better to think of people with faith as spiritual, and religions as a business. Now I admit I am bias, but a personal faith doesn’t offend me. I look at it like a code of conduct. During the Keystone XL Pipeline there was a lot of talk about the land and how the Native People felt about it and their connection to it. I found that very spiritual. I had respect for that. I was not offended. Just sort of thinking out loud here, but maybe if we change the names abit we could help see what is beneficial to all of us and the planet rather than destructive and hateful? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 26, 2018 @ 19:49

• I think anyone pushing a singular god upon others is “religious” vs anyone who believes in a god but doesn’t see a need to belittle, berate or attempt to convert others is spiritual. 🙂

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 3, 2019 @ 13:55

• I like your definitions. Can we include multiple gods in your “singular god ” ? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 3, 2019 @ 14:59

• Yes, yes we can. The key is to believe for you, but not to push on others. I am always willing to share my won belief but I al always care to be sure said inquiry was made before offering anything. 🙂

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 3, 2019 @ 15:15

• I like that, I have in the past called that a personal faith, a code to live by. I have one. But it is personal to me. I can not give it to anyone, I can not demand anyone live by mine because it is for me. I can hope they have one like it, or atleast treat others with respect. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 3, 2019 @ 15:31