December 22, 2018

Atheism is not a religion.

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 14:33

1. It is the height of absurdity to insist that the absence of a thing is an example of that thing.

If atheism is a religion, then silence is a noise, health is a disease, and vacuum is a material.

Comment by Infidel753 — December 22, 2018 @ 15:09

2. I’ve made the argument before using a different metaphor. My response to the suggestion that atheism is just another belief system I asked how my lake in the belief of the volcano god Lolo a belief system and the response was there is no such thing as a volcano god.

True enough and that was my point.

Comment by nationofnope — December 22, 2018 @ 15:31

3. Atheism is not a religion but please, religion is not a sport. Religions don’t play against each other. Only completely competitive people think like that.

If you’re thinking, my religion is better than your religion or even my atheism is better than your religion, you’ve got problems. Let go of all that. It just doesn’t fucking matter.

4 am rant from Aunt Polly.

Comment by silverapplequeen — December 23, 2018 @ 04:06

• Good Morning. Sadly all around the world members of one religion are attacking and killing members of another religion. The turmoil and deaths are taking a toll on many nations. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 23, 2018 @ 04:57

4. There is a considerable amount of discussion about the scientific ‘ world view ‘ in the rational Wiki . I certainly take a scientific world view but a new word has been banded around call scientism and is being used by some religious groups to discredit science and reduce it to a religious practice.

Comment by kersten — December 23, 2018 @ 13:18

• You’re spot-on, kersten! One blog owner in particular seems totally unable to allow visitors to discuss science without calling it “scientism.” It makes on wonder … what are they so afraid of?

Comment by Nan — December 23, 2018 @ 13:29

• Yes one of the Pastors at a Calvinist Church is someone most of this group has banged heads with. That is one of his favorite go to things to dismiss anything about evidence someone says. When people say that to me I tell them there is no such thing, but I am quite proud of the scientific achievement of the human apes that have been around in one form of anther for roughly 300,000 years. I refuse to give anyone using that word the high ground as they do not deserve it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 23, 2018 @ 13:53