December 27, 2018

The Hill: Viral video shows man lashing out at Arabs, Democrats in racist rant

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 09:47

Viral video shows man lashing out at Arabs, Democrats in racist rant
The Hill

A video showing a man lashing out at “Arabs and Democrats” in a racist rant at a Dallas-area Macy’s store went viral this week, prompting the department store to open an investigation into the incident, [](https://w) Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. Seems even the media can’t get things straight. It could not have been a “racist” rant if it was directed at a religion and/or a political party. There are muslims of all colors the same as there are democrats of all colors. Therefore the rant was hateful, mean spirited, idiotic, awful and any number of other adjuctives but it most certainly was not racist.

I wish we’d start using words for what they mean and not redefining them as we see fit.

hugs

Now this piece of garbage that spewed this hateful nonsense is a fool, and an imbicile.

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 3, 2019 @ 14:01

• Hello Michelle. I think you misread the story. He lashed out at Arabs. That is a race right? I totally agree with the rest of what you said. Totally with the fool and imbecile part. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 3, 2019 @ 15:11

• Well by technicality I hate people cause they mostly suck. Since I hate humans and human is a race I guess I’m a racist?… lol

In honesty human is the race, anything else is a sub species or sub race. Biologically a race(species) defines a group of similar things that can breed/cross mingle/cross polinate with one another. Since technically a black man and a white woman, an asian man and a indian woman, an arab man and a bglack woman can all produce offspring we would all be part of the same race. šŸ™‚

But Arab describes a country or region known as Arabia.

Based on human cultural definition of race any sub specicies of homosapien aka human is a race. Based on that cultural accepted (but scienticlly inacurate) definition yes it is.

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 3, 2019 @ 15:29

• Hello Michelle. I agree with you on species, you are correct. But can we talk about about race. See the reason is I spent some time on Jerry Coyne’s blog. He is a biologist professor emeritus at the University of Chicago. Seems to have the respect of the people in his profession. He had a whole series of posts where he laid out the case that race is a social construct. We are one species. He went through the whole scientific break down that I simply do not have a background to repeat. Now he did say there was a difference between culture and race. But in truth he was correct, if you did not know someones skin color would it make a difference? Should it make a difference?

Now to Arab. So you would say that being an Arab is an ethnicity rather than a race, like someone from Ireland would be ethnically Irish? Now I think if I remember correctly when they do genetic testing they do not get markers for race as much as for ethnic locations, which we conveniently convert to race. Anyway that is what I understood of his whole thing. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 3, 2019 @ 16:06

• Yes if you are from Ireland then you are Irish, Germany, then you are german, Arabia(The Arabian pennicula), then you are Arab.

It is a people from a country (aka region of the world).

“In biology, races are genetically distinct populations within the same species; they typically have relatively minor morphological and genetic differences. Though all humans belong to the same species (Homo sapiens), and even to the same sub-species (Homo sapiens sapiens), there are small genetic variations across the globe that engender diverse physical appearances, such as variations in skin color.”

Not all Arabs are olive in complextion. Some are black, some are white, some are darker and some are lighter. That is why I make the distinction that Arab is a ethnicity not an actual race. Just because someone is South African doesn’t mean they are also a person of color.

I still think this guy is a fool and an idiot for the things he said. No question there he was wrong.

hugs šŸ™‚

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 7, 2019 @ 10:22

• Hello Michelle. Thank you. I hope we get to the time where skin color and characteristics of race mean nothing. Where judging people on anything but their actions is seen by everyone as wrong. I can only hope to live that long. Best wishes for 2019. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 7, 2019 @ 12:38

• Where we are judged on “the content of our character” what great words were spoken by Doctor King.

Hugs šŸ™‚