January 8, 2019

Myths

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 16:13

It’s time to stop humoring invalidated myths.

1. For that matter, Middle Eastern agriculture goes back about thirteen thousand years, and some traditions like styles of rock art in Australia go back forty thousand years, with no sign of any sudden interruptions such as a global flood would cause.

But the fundies would just say all the dates are wrong. These are the same people who claim hundred-million-year-old dinosaur bones are less than six thousand years old.

Comment by Infidel753 — January 9, 2019 @ 05:03

• Thank you Infidel. I have to look up rock art as I am not familiar with that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 06:22

• Ah, cave paintings. Grand. I thought it was in france they found all the old cave art. I now see there are some well known ones in other places. I read about cave art done in a cave that would have been in almost complete darkness. I forget where. The entrance was very small and would need to be crawled into. I wonder how they did that. What type of lighting did they have? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 06:28

• If they say the dates are wrong do they not have a responsibility to prove that? With how well documented and proven dating methods anything they bring forward. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 06:35

• Sorry hit send before finishing. Anything they try to fudge on dating can be refuted easily. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 06:37

2. The famous Lascaux cave paintings in France date back to about 17,000 years ago, to the late stone age (again, there is no sign of damage such as a global flood would cause). However, the Australian rock art tradition dates back more than twice as far, and the culture that produced it continued to produce it down to modern times — even better evidence that there was no major interruption of human life in Australia during that whole vast time period.

Humans actually learned to control fire almost half a million years ago, I think (although that far back we wouldn’t have recognized our ancestors as “human” in appearance). Cave paintings must have been done by torchlight. Caves that were inhabited during the Lascaux period usually show huge accumulations of soot, which shows that using fire for heat and light was routine. Remember, this was the ice age. Europe wouldn’t have been habitable for humans without fire.

The fundie nutballs have no understanding of the numerous methods by which science can establish the age of everything from ancient human artifacts to fossilized bones to the Earth itself. Their “proof” that the dates are wrong is that those dates contradict the Bible, and they “know” the Bible is always right. They are rather dumber than the average cave man, I think.

Comment by Infidel753 — January 9, 2019 @ 06:49

• I agree. Thanks for the information. I wish the Fundies could just accept their book is not evidence nor proof of anything in the same way that Harry Potter series are not a history or science texts. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 10:02

• But Harry Potters books are a real joy to read, every seven books that is..
        But it is true: Harry Potters books are as well fiction, as the 99 bibles are – with just some very profound differences:
        There is no god in it, that one has to follow or be punished – and there is NO credo, that one has to believe, as the absolute truth, while the 99 bibles contain fiction, with just pure and untrue nonsense in it.

In-Spite-of-god: Empathy

Comment by m-iles — January 9, 2019 @ 12:22

• I agree MIles. On a side note I have a question. Do you get triggered reading the book or watching the first part of the movies? I had a heck of a time with the books especially. I was in a bad time a few years ago as you know over my childhood abuse. I had to go slow on those parts of the books where his aunt and uncle abuse him. I couldn’t watch those parts in the movies, I had to skip them. It still hurts when I see them today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 9, 2019 @ 13:08

• hi Scottie, my friend:
            As I have known just this kind of Misuse and neglection, this was no News to me. I started to read the English destribution of H.P., cause they were first out in 1997 when I was 56 year old, ‘The distance from my youth had been sooo long, that there were nearly no rememberences, and harry potter took the personal offences about the same as I did. I fled the situation on my own determination,by this I myself had put an End to the situation. So I was able to really enjoy, what I reads. So I forced a solution by my own will, that musthave been the difference between us: I had the situatian under my control finally.
            Scotttie I think you could watch that film now, because yoku told people on your blog, what happend to you, You achieved that just by your own free will. i think that must give youabout the same feeling that I have:

You do now control your situation. You Scottie, have the Choice to say yes or No – for instance like this type of Amanda – You can say: STOP.
            It is a bit of different, when we look at the political situation: just watch me fight even with 77 years of age.
            N e v e r , give up.

And Harry Potter gives kids and people courage, by feeling with him when he finds solutions to any situations. – and by his strong friendship with Ron and Hermine. And as he is even the final winner, he provides trust in the world . And he provides trust in solutions that one has thought on logically.

In Empathy I trust.

Hugs m-iles

Comment by m-iles — January 9, 2019 @ 14:38

• Thats for sure. cause if those caveman had been as dumb as the fundie nutballs, they had written – how does someone of us here calls it – they sure had written babbles.
      Them fundie nutballs are all about cowards, soo much of cowards full of fear, that they were unable to produce any positive thoughts , but had to flee into the phantaie of invented gods. And soo do godbelievers today.
      I hopoe , that I didn’t mix it too much up?
      I rather would like to be a descendat of the much braver cavemen, than of the cowardish fundie nutballs. if that were possible.

My todays phantasie is the “inspite of”-god: Empathy.

Comment by m-iles — January 9, 2019 @ 10:13