January 10, 2019

Crown

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 13:15

In dental chair. Getting a temp crown why they make the new one. This will take some time. They numbed my mouth and took the impression. See you all later. Hugs

1. My worst place… I pray its over fast.

Comment by Sunshiny SA, Kavitha — January 10, 2019 @ 13:32

• I don’t like dental work either but it has to be done. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 11, 2019 @ 05:45

2. Do NOT envy you! Not just for the numbing and all that comes with the procedure … but the PRICE! Perhaps you have insurance. I don’t and my dentist has provided an estimate (for crowns) of $1100! I only get a few dollars over that from my monthly Social Security!! Fortunately, I’m not in dire need of any crowns — they’re just “suggested.”

Hate dental visits!

Comment by Nan — January 10, 2019 @ 13:32

• I understand. This one cost almost $1800. My part of the cost was $900. What is really going to hurt are the implants we need. Ron needs three implants, I need one , and they are nearly 5 grand each. But we have to do it now while he is working because as you say medicare has no dental. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 11, 2019 @ 05:52

• YIKES! Five grand! That reallyhurts!

Michael is scheduled for at least one implant in the next several months, but he’s getting it done through the VA so … $0. I may have asked this before, but don’t you also have VA coverage? Ummm … I sorta’ remember you saying you do, but the facilities were too far away?

Comment by Nan — January 11, 2019 @ 12:05

• I was in the VA system. Being disabled my income was below the level earning me the right to be taken care of by the VA. They did great. Then I moved from WPB to NFM and there was only one small clinic for the entire region. It was a disaster. They lost my records. The medical person ( wont call them a doctor ) got into an argument with me as he did not think I had an artificial right hip. After I showed him the scar and the card I got from the VA doctor who did it, he still refused to believe it. Ron stood up, told the guy what Ron thought of him, and we left. I never returned. Now they have a big grand new hospital here, but with my income and Ron’s ( married joint income level ) I wouldn’t qualify, at least if the rules are the same as they were 20 years ago. I should look into it as I need a new scooter and it is not paid for by medicare anymore. However the drawback is I really like my doctors. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 12, 2019 @ 06:23