January 19, 2019

monument to white supremacy

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Fascism, Harm, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 15:47

Thumbnail

1. Ever heard the expression “white makes right”?

Comment by nationofnope — January 19, 2019 @ 16:27

• I have heard of it, I never believed in it. As the demographics change, and they are changing fast, the saying will be wrong in even more ways. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2019 @ 16:31

2. White seems to have missed this memo – only 6.5% of the total world population is white. White supremacy is a myth perpetuated by greed, ignorance and fear. ARGH!!!!

Comment by Notes To Ponder — January 20, 2019 @ 00:37

• Ah, grand point. Wish I had thought of it. My thinking has become to US centered lately. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 04:17

• Understandably so. White supremacy wears many hats. Yesterday I tussled with a Chinese citizen who claimed Canada’s arrest of Huawei CFO at Vancouver airport a racially motivated act of white supremacy. Excuse me? Sigh and hugs. 🙂

Comment by Notes To Ponder — January 20, 2019 @ 04:33

• The entire world seems to distrust each right now. We are always thinking the other person has some nefarious plot out to get us. I don’t get it. When I was in Germany in my youth no one went around with that idea. Something has changed and I do not understand why. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 04:45

• The world of our youth was tangible. We had hope, promise, opportunity, technological wonder and unbridled optimism. Education secured bright futures, science unlocked riddles and resources were plentiful. Today we face over population, decimated natural habitats once considered indestructible, depletion of resources and underlying reality of bleak futures for those without balls to build fortresses around anything they can grab.
            Decent people cling to the hope of enlightened thinking. Unfortunately that ship sailed a long time ago. Nothing is real, news is fake, we can’t trust what we’re told. It’s no wonder we distrust everyone. Sadly that distrust is warranted, the new world order revolves around say anything, if it advances your cause. Today’s reality is beyond depressing.

Comment by Notes To Ponder — January 20, 2019 @ 05:29

• My fulles agreement,: Havent read such a stunning comment since long.

Comment by m-iles — January 20, 2019 @ 10:27

3. Again video evidence proves it was not the white kids at all screaming that but a group of african americans who claim to be isreali.

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 21, 2019 @ 09:59

• Hello Michelle. Yes the boys were chanting and they admit that. The first group were in the wrong and should be called out. However we know the group of Catholic boys by their own admission say they were chanting their school sports chants back a the first group. They boys say they were trying to sing along. I have heard others say this also. I just listened to the video again. Right at the start it does sound like the boys are yelling “build the wall” and they then go into hoops and fake indian calls. By three minutes in a group of boys in a circle are shouting “build the fence, build the fence. I will link to the video as I don’t feel like watching more of it. Hugs

** I made myself watch the rest of it. A one point the kids do start dancing to the drum beat in a cheerful manner. However the video also shows that Phillips tries at one point to go forward past Sandmann and he can not. It is not clear if there are kids on his other side wo he can not side step, but Sandmann makes no effort to move out of Phillips way either. Hugs ***

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2019 @ 10:44