January 20, 2019

Where were the chaperones?

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Education, Fascism, Harm, History, News, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 08:45

Philips told NBC News that some of the youths who surrounded him had chanted slogans in favour of President Trump’s border wall. “Chants of ‘Build the wall’ and other things that were even worse,” he said. “They were brought up to believe I’m less than human.”

“I’m still trying to process it,” Phillips said. “Who they were, who those young folks were, where they came from and who’s bringing them up. Where were the chaperones? How did this come to take this point? It’s gonna take us all to come together. I’m about prayer, but then you have to have some action to go with it.”

1. Chaperones? From a Catholic institution? I’m sure Father Moe and Father Lester were busy with the younger kids.

Seriously, it’s interesting that the school showed no sign of taking any action on this until such a huge nationwide stink blew up over it.

Comment by Infidel753 — January 20, 2019 @ 08:56

• Hello Infidel. I agree the school should have been proactive on this, instead the place that claims to teach a moral life simply took their media accounts private. I think from the picture the smirking kid is no stranger to trouble and fights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 09:00

• I’m sure Father Moe and Father Lester were busy with the younger kids. — Or in the back room having a beer.

Comment by Nan — January 20, 2019 @ 14:23

• Hello Nan. 😃😁😂🤣😜😻😻🍺🍺 Grand!

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 14:25

2. Hi Scottie;
    I saw this last night and I shook my head in such disappointment. And, the more I read, thinking I would feel better if I understood more of what happened, well…. no, just even more disappointing. That smug little shit….
    Great leaders realize that in a short time they will be gone, and the influence they impart on the organization will have huge lasting effects. In business, it is called “building culture”, and things like efficiency, quality, dependability and progress are pushed because that is what creates a lasting business. Somehow, I don’t believe that those are focuses for the current administration, and the qualities it has pushed have found a really fertile ground. What does this say about us?

very sad;
    hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — January 20, 2019 @ 09:26

• Hello Brother. I am watching the Sunday news programs. Just watched a GOP Senator defend the kids action as non-threatening. He said we shouldn’t counter hate with hate, but wouldn’t say that tRump’s rhetoric or his actions have had a negative effect or contributed to this. The kids were wearing MAGA hats, yet the GOP member couldn’t bring himself to acknowledge it.
      How are you dealing with the winter storm? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 09:32

• Hi Scottie;
        Storm was a bit rough Friday into Saturday, but moved on from here mid afternoon. I made a bit of money doing driveways and got quite chilled. Not as young and able to deal with the cold as I once was :). Now for the deep freeze!
        As far as the GOP defending the kids actions: I think I recall a little thing like ‘the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is a problem’. Being unwilling to admit that the actions of those kids was a problem means one of two things; either said Senator is unwilling to admit that it’s a problem for political reasons, or he doesn’t see it as a problem. Not sure which is more troubling.

hugs!
        randy

Comment by randy — January 20, 2019 @ 10:55

• I agree. Oh and you need battery heated long johns. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 11:01

3. The school(s) these students come from, must do very bad in History. And their catholic Church once more does not tell them the truth again.

These Students look as pudding headed as hitlers youth in 1933 – brownshirts – insulting jews with defamations.
    Of course it is their school, which does have an educational mission, to not let their students make journeys around, full of hate and insulting minorities.
    But it is much more the duty of freedom – and democracy loving people of the US to stand up for a human society to demonstrate for Empathy instead of Hate and Racism.
    A stitch in time saves nine!

Comment by m-iles — January 20, 2019 @ 09:52

• I agree Miles, the school and the parents both should have taught this boy and his peers better. However if their president is doing these acts daily that will influence kids that look up to him. It is scary. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 20, 2019 @ 10:24