January 21, 2019

The New York Times: Fuller picture emerges of viral video between Native American man and Catholic students

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 05:11

Fuller picture emerges of viral video between Native American man and Catholic students
The New York Times

A convergence of racial and religious groups set the stage for the viral moment. “I stepped in between to pray,” Nathan Phillips said on Sunday. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. Of course the jewish faith is violent and aggressive: See the fight for the place on the other side of the whailing wall in jerusalem, and the Hebrew fight for the Place of the “Felsendom” where once the hebrew Temple stood – and where Jews sometime expect jehowa would come to his jewish people for their redemption.

But it is a shame, that a minority fights another Minority – with stupid biblewords, that have no proof of any truth in them, they are just an unsientific write-down of unnown people being just
    – and only – being able to write.

Especially the – what they call themselves – “undceived religious youth.” – should not act against another Minority, – as they themselves are belonging to a Minority in the USA.

Comment by m-iles — January 21, 2019 @ 09:33

• I agree it is silly for religions to fight each other over which is the true belief. My understanding of what happened from all I have read so far is that the Jewish group were harraising the boys, the boys were responding back also. I don’t know who started it. The Native man though it was going to explode into violence so he tried to get between them. He then became the object of their anger. The boy who got so close to him said he was not trying to intimidate him but instead wanted him to know he was not angry or threatening. However the boys stance and his being in the man’s personal space like that clearly was intended to intimidate the elder. It is clear from the other boys and their action they were trying to goad the first boy into more action, and they were acting out in support of him. I said the other day this boy in the elders face is no stranger to trouble. He is acting like he has not fear of consequences. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2019 @ 09:58

• Those “Hebrew Israelites” aren’t actual Jews. They’re a nutball racist fringe group that claims blacks are the true descendants of the ancient Hebrews. There’s a similar white racist movement called the Christian Identity movement which claims Anglo-Saxons are the true descendants of the ancient Hebrews. Neither of those groups has any connection with actual Jews. I could call myself a Chinese Aryan or something, but it wouldn’t mean I was really Chinese and it wouldn’t mean that the Chinese generally were responsible for my behavior.

Comment by Infidel753 — January 21, 2019 @ 12:00

• Thks infidel 753 for your info.
        But I would like to know, How do they see themselves in the jewish community and – how do Jews see them?

Comment by m-iles — January 21, 2019 @ 12:11

• I’m not an expert on this subject, and such groups tend to be decentralized and not all follow a coherent ideology, but in general the black Hebrew Israelites and the white Christian Identity groups seem to believe that actual Jews are imposters of some kind. Christian Identity is pretty standard white supremacist / neo-Nazi stuff with some odd religious ideas added, and the Hebrew Israelites seem to be pretty much like the Black Muslims except that they’ve chosen to attach themselves to Judaism instead of Islam.

Jews certainly don’t recognize either group as being Jewish. A small number of black Hebrew Israelites have migrated to Israel, but the Israeli government ruled in 1973 that they couldn’t apply for citizenship under the Law of Return because they aren’t really Jewish. A few of them have been deported back to the US.

Comment by Infidel753 — January 21, 2019 @ 12:29

• Infidel7532: Thanks for that info.

Comment by m-iles — January 21, 2019 @ 14:13

2. And the parents are now defending this boy..makes you wonder about their values and religious beliefs and views on bullying.

Comment by maryplumbago — January 21, 2019 @ 10:38

• I agree. I agree the black men were trying to start trouble. I understand teenagers are emotional and easily pushed. However it is clear to me that the boys do not tell the truth about chanting build the wall, and that Sandmann is not being totally honest. His statement of what happened doesn’t match his demeanor. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2019 @ 10:50