January 22, 2019

Vox: It isn’t just the Covington Catholic students — MAGA hats are a teen trend

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 17:43

It isn’t just the Covington Catholic students — MAGA hats are a teen trend
Vox

The red baseball caps are a provocative way to signify you’re on a “winning” team. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. What sad fucking news. Fuck MAGA hats and the fuckers who wear them.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — January 22, 2019 @ 17:47

• It is spreading Inspired, because the president makes it cool to be like him. His administration via Mike Pence is forcing religion into everything in our government. We really are at a crossroads, because the damage has already been done. Even if we got rid of tRump , which we must do, then we still have religious fanatics pushing their faith on every law and person. I simply do not see how this can end well for any of us. Sorry to be so down, but that is how I see it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 22, 2019 @ 18:36

2. Scotty, I feel the same exact way. I’m so glad I’m old. I have lost hope in these younger people being able to set the country back on the right path. My faith in them is waning.
    Between greed, racism, blind ignorant trump supporters and religious extremists, we are screwed. I believe we have gone to far down the path now to return. Something else will now have to occur. Something probably extreme…sad to say.

Comment by maryplumbago — January 22, 2019 @ 20:25

• Hello Mary, we have to remember there are still good young people out there. Remember the Parkland students and all they managed to do. I do not know where the balance is, or if we are tipped to one side or the other. All we can do is encourage the good ones, and correct the bad ones. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 05:24

3. This is partly the fault of the lack of true history taught today about colonialism, greed, and genocide, with the complete underpinnings of religion.

Comment by jim- — January 22, 2019 @ 20:37

• Hello Jim. Yes I think a true education is very important. Schools should not be teaching by ideology, but by the best understanding of the subject. I worry that with all the white washing of the textbooks in large states like Texas that soon kids will not be taught the true history, the real biology, the full extent of science. I think these charter schools and church schools do a disservice to the students. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 05:29

4. Someone pointed out that rearranging “Red Hat” gives you “Hatred.” Seems pretty apropos to me.

Comment by tokyosand — January 22, 2019 @ 23:55

• Hello Tokyosand, you are correct. It is appropriate. You can tell a lot about a person based on what they display, wear, or how they talk. I think these hats have become a badge of bad behavior. These kids see the crazy way the adults act at the rallies, and they think it is great. The adults are teaching the kids the wrong lesson. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 05:43

5. Its a shame that its m(G)aga – caps that set a trend for youth.
    All Millions of democrats can’t find a likewise trend; do they even think about?

Comment by m-iles — January 23, 2019 @ 11:06

• Hello Milles. No the democrats do not have a slogan yet. Remember MAGA is tRump’s campaign slogan. The democrats will have one when we pick someone to run for president. tRump never stopped running. He keeps doing his rallies and running for reelection. He is building a huge war chest of money. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 11:21

6. I find nothing provocativr about a MAGA hat. But maybe I’m not as easily offended as some.

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 23, 2019 @ 14:17

• Hello Michelle. I am not easily offended but you have to admit that the hat stands for tRump and his policies. It is advertising you agree with the policies that the tRump administration are doing, that you support those policies. Now those policies are very provocative. So the hat as a symbol of those policies is also provocative. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 14:32

• But I believe people have a right to thier opinions. Even if thier opinion is ignorant. It also makes it MUCH easier to know who might need some education and or who to just stay away from…

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 23, 2019 @ 15:47

• Hello Michelle. Yes people have a right to their opinion. That is not what we are talking about. There are items, symbols that have deeper meanings than others, such as the cross, the swastika, the confederate battle flag. These symbols are about telling people what you believe. So if someone wears a red MAGA hat, they are telling everyone what they believe in, and I choose to believe them the first time. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 15:51

• So they just announced to you that they are ignorant and you now know who to just avoid. 🙂

See I like the hats. It shortens the list of people I might interacte with quickly and easily.

Hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 23, 2019 @ 15:54

• I agree. The hat gives you an indication of what is more likely to be the mindset of the person wearing it. If I see someone wearing a swastika I can pretty much tell how they feel about race issues. I see the MAGA hat as also a way the wearer is telling you how they feel about issues. To me it is self advertising to say what group they belong too. It is the badge of the club they are in. Me personally I hate caps. I wear straw cowboy hats. Yup, with all my long hair and beard. Gets lots of looks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 23, 2019 @ 16:02