January 24, 2019

For Jill and Michelle.

Filed under: Magic, Music and Videos, Nature, Song, Songs and Music — Scottie @ 16:28

John Anderson Lyrics

“Seminole Wind”

Ever since the days of old,
Men would search for wealth untold.
They’d dig for silver and for gold,
And leave the empty holes.
And way down south in the Everglades,
Where the black water rolls and the saw grass sways.
The eagles fly and the otters play,
In the land of the Seminole.

So blow, blow Seminole wind,
Blow like you’re never gonna blow again.
I’m calling to you like a long lost friend
But I know who you are.
And blow, blow from the Okeechobee,
All the way up to Micanopy.
Blow across the home of the Seminole,
The alligators and the gar.

Progress came and took its toll,
And in the name of flood control,
They made their plans and they drained the land,
Now the glades are going dry.
And the last time I walked in the swamp,
I sat upon a Cypress stump,
I listened close and I heard the ghost,
Of Osceola cry.

So blow, blow Seminole wind,
Blow like you’re never gonna blow again.
I’m calling to you like a long lost friend
But I know who you are.
And blow, blow from the Okeechobee,
All the way up to Micanopy.
Blow across the home of the Seminole,
The alligators and the gar.

1. Hi Scottie;
    This has always been a favorite song. I never really considered it until I visited you and the folks and saw the huge amount of development and how fast it seemed that woodland was being paved over. I guess it is a sure byproduct of a beautiful place that as soon as word gets out more and more people want to be there. At one time, gold and silver mines took the land, now it’s retirees. Go figure.
    I did wonder how popular this song was in Florida, and if John Anderson ever thought to do a “chapter 2” of it regarding the red tide issue.

Hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — January 24, 2019 @ 18:06

• Hello Randy. The song is popular but many don’t understand what it means. We do have a beautiful place here but it is being destroyed at an alarming rate. They say in twenty years my home will be underwater water. How do you sell a property with that over it? Lucky we don’t live on a canal so we don’t face the red or green tides. But we back up to a wetland and we are only a few feet above sea level. Oh well, I never wanted to live forever..oh wait yes I do. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2019 @ 18:12

• Oh by the way , your next day off, you have to put up with me videoing you. You call me this time. That way you wont get all my many blood sugar draws. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2019 @ 18:43

• well you are my only brother. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2019 @ 18:43

2. Yes, my brother;
    I have the weekend off, and hopefully won’t be so busy as I was last weekend. It’s snowing again, but I don’t think we are looking to get that much. Truly looking forward to speaking with you!
    As far as your home…. sell it just a bit sooner and call it “ocean front”. It will be worth millions! Mom was telling me how the red tides, etc, had so decimated the gulf.

hugs
    randy

Comment by randy — January 24, 2019 @ 18:48

• I look forward to complete annoying you this weekend. Hey did your dad get the MP3 working? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2019 @ 18:53

3. Awesome song.
    hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — January 25, 2019 @ 14:40

• Hello Michelle. Yes it is one of my favorites. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 25, 2019 @ 15:07

4. Thank you, Scottie!!! I never heard this song before, but I really, really like it! Now you’ve introduced me to some new music! ♫

Comment by jilldennison — January 25, 2019 @ 21:11