January 28, 2019

For my viewers this is serious, please protect your selves and the animals around you

Filed under: Family, News, Science — Scottie @ 14:50

I learned last month of this split in the vortex over the north pole caused by climate change.  We are now seeing a much more serious side of it.  While we need to get our government on board to deal with it, right now we have to protect our selves.   Today here in Florida it is unseasonably cold.  I got up at 11 PM last night and turned on the heat in our bedroom & master bathroom.  We have only done that once this year.  Even then the bedroom never got above 71.  This morning I turned on the small fire place in the kitchen and it took the temp to 68.   I turned it off and the temp tanked down to less than 60.  It was only 42 out side.  I turned it one.  My office is helped by the kitchen and also all my equipment.  If it had gotten any colder I would have turned on the big fireplace in the front room, where my new office will be.  But it has not been used in 6 years so I want Ron to check it out first.   Speaking of Ron he has been fighting a cold for a few days, and I went out this morning ( new car has heated seats and steering wheel yes love that ) and got him theraflu cold stuff.  With my compromised immune system if he has it I will get it soon.  Hugs

1. There is a bit of hope – I waited for that, thks:

Comment by m-iles — January 28, 2019 @ 15:15

• That is wonderful and really great Miles. But right now the arctic vortex has split. It is causing really serious conditions in both the Canada / the US/ and Russia. We are looking at temps never seen in our life times. That is why I wanted to get the word out to my viewers. They say this is deadly. Something we have not seen in generations. Thanks . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2019 @ 15:34

2. I looked at your link of course, and started fearing for Randy, but thats all because of the derangement by climate-change.— and hope is only, if we can stop the rising of temp. okf our planet.
    In our region of gerrmany it is + 1.5 deg C. in the last two decades.
    of course : I FEEL FOR YOU!

Comment by m-iles — January 28, 2019 @ 15:49

• It has already dropped Temp for us. But we can deal. Be well . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2019 @ 16:54

• Randy is in the front path of this thing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2019 @ 17:06

• Thanks for your concern, Miles. See my comment below.

hugs;
      randy

Comment by randy — January 28, 2019 @ 18:04

3. I’ve used the heat more this year than the last two. The weather is extreme. I wonder about our hurricane season. I have a good friend in Panama City and you know how that went. She is lucky to still have her home, although much repair was needed.

Comment by maryplumbago — January 28, 2019 @ 16:22

• Hello Marry. Yes I understand. Many roofs where I live are still covered by blue tarps. Our government is too busy trying to build a wall on the southern border than try to help Americans in trouble. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2019 @ 17:16

• And it’s so obvious why the don’t want to help Puerto Rico…wrong color people😤

Comment by maryplumbago — January 28, 2019 @ 17:20

4. I dunno. This is how it is every year. It’s always the coldest at the end of January & the beginning of February. I’ve seen it colder. My grandmother used to say, “The days get longer, the cold gets stronger.” My apartment is always 60 degrees when I wake up. I keep it cold at night to save money on heat & because I sleep better in the cold.

But maybe the cold is dipping further down into the south because of melting of the ice caps. People in my neck of the woods aren’t noticing it so much but people living in the south surely must be.

Comment by silverapplequeen — January 28, 2019 @ 17:06

• Hello SAQ. I am not kidding about this. Look it up your self. I got warnings last week and I posted them. The polar vortex got hit with a hot air mass splitting it into two different paths.
      One we are feeling. These are really bad temps. Keep warm. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2019 @ 17:23

5. Hi Scottie;
    Just got in from doing 3 driveways. I’m absolutely soaked and 3/4 frozen. The temp right now is about 29, but we are getting sleet. Snow depth ranged from 6″ to 12″. Wind just started changing to come out of the north as I came in, and our high for Wednesday afternoon is forecast as -5 with a “real feel” of -35. But, I’m prepared for this.

Be careful everyone…. and check on your elderly friends and neighbors to be sure people are staying warm, fed and hydrated, and if they have snow issues that their furnace exhausts don’t get covered. Especially you southern people; we in the north have this as a somewhat normal way of life, if folks can’t get their homes warm, like Scottie mentioned, they could slip into hypothermia.

Hugs All;
    randy

Comment by randy — January 28, 2019 @ 18:02

• pressmy 4 thumbs for you your friends, your collegues and all you people in the way of that FROST, and you my friend be real,ly carful when you are clearing driveways and footpathes
      be well
      and hugs up to the North.

Comment by m-iles — January 28, 2019 @ 20:16

• Thank you my brother, you are a wonderfully kind man. You are correct we are not use to this and every time we get a cold snap a few homes burn down as people don’t know how to safely use space heaters.

Most central A/C units have heat also. But are seldom run and so have issues. In fact we had not even gotten the oil radiator out as it has been so warm here this year. We did have the small electric fireplace set up in the kitchen / living room to take the morning chill out of the air. The big electric fireplace we did not bother with so far. I will be calling around to make sure people are OK.

Don’t push your self too hard and drive safely. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 29, 2019 @ 05:17

6. Heated seats in Florida? That sounds funny Scottie.

Comment by jim- — January 29, 2019 @ 01:25

• Yup, they are great for people with back problems. I have had them before but I never had a heated steering wheel before. But sure has been nice on the arthritic fingers. I don’t know how you people in the north get by. Brrr.😂🤣😁👍👍👍 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 29, 2019 @ 05:22

7. Hi Scottie;
    Just an update: It’s -8 here, wind chill in the -40s, wind is blowing like crazy, and Gracie has just had her breakfast. She got her normal food, slurped a lot of water since it’s a bit dry in here from the furnace running so much, and did her whine, spin, beg, demand dance at the door to go pee. I opened the door to howling wind and snow, and Gracie went “nope” ran into the living room and refuses to come anywhere near the door.

Hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — January 30, 2019 @ 08:47

• Randy, you be careful. At that wind chill frost bit can happen really fast. Poor Gracie, how would you feel standing out there nude trying to pee? 😜😁😂🤣👍👍 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 30, 2019 @ 09:04