February 3, 2019

Another child dead due to religious belief

Filed under: Children, Criminal, Dealing With Abuse, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 06:53

The boys injuries and what was done to him is too much for me to post here.  If you want to read it click on the link.

A 7-Year-Old Boy Was Beaten and Killed for Not Memorizing Bible Verses

Another child’s death, courtesy of adults who loved the Bible more than they loved a child.

These people may be anomalies, but what’s not surprising is the idea that memorizing Bible verses matters far more than putting those verses into practice. It’s a reminder that pushing the Bible on kids in any sort of way, even in an extreme case like this, is useless. What matters is teaching ethics and values — which these adults clearly never did.

1. This kid isn’t dead because of religious beliefs, he’s dead because his caretakers are CHILD ABUSERS. If it wasn’t the Bible, it would be some other reason to beat the shit out of the kid. He didn’t learn his multiplication tables. He didn’t pick up all the dog shit in the yard. Whatever. People who abuse children use any number of excuses to justify their abuse.

This is not about religion. This is about abuse.

Comment by silverapplequeen — February 3, 2019 @ 07:30

• Except for the fact that indoctrinating kids with religion is child abuse. These people just took it the next level. How come you haven’t figured this , yet?

Comment by Arkenaten — February 3, 2019 @ 08:33

• Hello SAQ. All too often the justification is the adults religion. Everything from sparing the rod and spoil the child to praying instead of medical care. The religious leaders of all the major evangelical and fundamental groups want more religious autonomy in the name of religious freedom. One thing left out, someone taught the 16 year old to be that cruel and to do those things. No normal 16 year old stands on a 7 year old with their face in a puddle. Where did the older boy learn to be so unconcern with the feelings and pain of others? Did you read the horrible list of things done to the 7 year old? The older adult picked out some of them including telling the 16 year old to hit and poke the 7 year old as he lugged the log around. The adult put the older boy in charge of the punishment?

I will agree there are people who are in spiritual religions who do not practice these drastic measures. But the holy books of all the religions of Abraham are barbaric and if followed as the bible is written are criminal and illegal. The gods described in those holy books are barbaric, and it seems the followers are also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 10:13

• This kid is by evidence dead because of religious beliefs! He’s dead because his caretakers are RELIGIOUS child abusers. It most definitely was the Babble that killed the boy.
      ‘He didn’t learn his multiplication tables.’ no dear SAQ. That is is just in your obsessed phantasies, For … that which must not, cannot be.
      The bible is murderous, Just remember the millions of people whon were Killed in its name in History…., And remember all those who have been killed by Kidraping priests and stupid Irish nuns who killed Kids in the Thousands just because they were kids from unmerried women.
      Sorry for my loathing; especially the catholic religion; I once have been raised in strong obeyiing catholic family. I KNOW , what they can do to Children!

Comment by m-iles — February 3, 2019 @ 12:29

2. The bible is full of ugly violence, especially the old part. But one should consider that people are nowadays a bit more intelligent, but that is often not the case.

Comment by banactee — February 3, 2019 @ 07:48

• Hello Banactee. Hard to justify evangelical and fundamentalist religious communities and followers of the Abraham religions and say people are more intelligent? If those holy books are followed as written the actions would be illegal and barbaric. Yet there is a very vocal minority who want them to be substituted for secular laws here in the US. About 33% of the population. Then you have Islamic countries, and we complain about their extremes. Seems every day there are stories of females killed because they were sent out of the house because they were unclean. I am done letting people claim immunity due to religious beliefs. This is why these freedom of religion laws are so scary. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 10:19

• I did not know that 33 % of US-Americans want to abolish the constitution and substitute it by the bible. This is really a dangerous and disturbing number! Take care @ Ulli

Comment by banactee — February 3, 2019 @ 13:21

• The same 33% are also trump followers or worse…Pence?

Comment by maryplumbago — February 3, 2019 @ 23:21

• Hello Mary, yes just about the same number. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 4, 2019 @ 06:02

3. The hypocrisy is unreal. Adults who can do this to a child for whatever reason, need to be locked away permanently.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — February 3, 2019 @ 08:22

• Hello Inspired. I agree. I read what was done to that kid and I cried. I could bring my self to post the list of things done. I am still very upset over it. As everyone should be. I find it so hard to understand that other adults knew they were doing this and did not try to stop it. It makes me sick. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 10:22

• …, and they should be sent to the hell, they soo much believe in; FOR EVER.

Comment by m-iles — February 3, 2019 @ 12:35

4. WordPress needs a button that indicates the reader’s absolute disgust.
    I’ll settle for ”Are you reading too, Mel, David, Branyan, Colorstorm,Wally and all?”

Comment by Arkenaten — February 3, 2019 @ 08:30

• Hello Ark. I agree. I wish I could make them see what absolute devotion to their barbaric 2000 year old holy books do, how they harm children. They claim they are made in their gods image, so what about the child, was he not made in the gods image? Or is their goddamn god so barbaric and cruel that the abusers are in his image? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 10:25

• Oh but you can be assured the individuals named would “condemn” these actions, tell you Jesus is LOVE, and insist these incidents are anomalies. And to a point, they are correct since most believers aren’t this C.R.A.Z.Y.

But what these Jesus-lovers overlook/ignore is their “holy book” if filled with similar actions. And while they themselves may focus on meek and mild Jesus, there are untold others who follow the commands of the cruel and sadistic Yahweh.

Comment by Nan — February 3, 2019 @ 11:58

• Hello Nan. So true and well said. Now the evangelical fundamentalist want to enshrine that cruel and sadistic commands in to a new sharia law for the US under the guise of religious freedom. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 12:13

• This would be lies, cause either they are catholics, then both the testaments belong to their belief: Old Testament from 6000 years ago with the barbaric god, and from 2000 years ago the New Testament, with that Jesus, that a few enlightened catholics prefer to believe in.; – or they have to break with the Old Testament and nobody of the people Ark cited, would ever do that, because they are still catholics. So all the foul of that part of their catholic belief is still theirs!
          As long as those foul catholic priests are preaching in all majority the barbaric god of the 6000 yearls old Old Testament, NO ONE should wonder about – not even SAQ – that uneducated catholics take the old babbels nonsense for granted, because of the power it gives them, over their kids and wives. ( I mean them 33% of trumpel and his followers.)

Comment by m-iles — February 3, 2019 @ 14:43

• No, they’re not catholics.

While I understand your distaste for the catholic religion — no doubt from your many unpleasant experiences — there are shysters in every faith. And some are worse than others!

Comment by Nan — February 3, 2019 @ 14:51

• Hello Miles. There are religious groups / churches that go by a modern spirituality based loosely on what they think Jesus stands for while dismissing the old testament. These churches tend to treat people a lot nicer and better than evangelical and fundamentalist religious groups. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 15:25

• ‘Sorry Scottie, that I insist:
              As long as they call themselves “Catholic” The Old Testament AND the New Testament are their bibles; I understand Nan wants to state that there are catholics, being different, but they are still Catholics. And they are all responsible, that somthing, as done to that boy, is done in the name of the catholic religion.
              If catholics dont act against that, they are blamable for this too.
              What can be done:?

and

And Ark was so right when he said: Indoctrinating children with the (catholic) religion is childabuse.

Comment by m-iles — February 3, 2019 @ 16:45

• Hello Miles, what you missed dear friend is I never called them catholic. There are religious groups that call them self Christian but do not follow any of the parts of the bible they dislike ( well all Christians do that ) instead they claim to follow Jesus and his message. It is all still bull and I agree children shouldn’t be indoctrinated in to religion. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 19:16

• Right, you didn’t call them Christians, but here are som,e arguments:
                  That doesnt means* that they call themselves catholics*.
                  As long as their clergy preaches the hate of the Old estament, Catholics will be accused preaching hate – and rightly so!
                  And as long as the catholic cleargy preaches hate, the enlightened Catholic should not be astonished, that uneducated catholics take the hate of the Old Testament by the word of what, the catholic cleargy preaches them: Hate, Hate. hate. – from out of the Old Testament. That is, what empties the catholic churches more and more.

I stopped being Member of that church of hate, exactely on the date when I got 18. In rememberance to the Millions over Millions of Killed -, all in the name of the Catholic church.

And has one ever heard any Excuse of the catholic church for that massmurder?

Has one ever heard any Excuse of Killing the Natives of America by millions, in the name of the glourious murder-Catholic church?

Has one ever heard any excuse of the catholic clergy for supporting trumpel, in his ever soo stupid fight for ignoring climatechange – which may well cost Billions of peoples lives — Well all in the name of the catholic clergy and all their believers.?

Has one ever heard any excuse of the catholic clergy for supporting trumpel, in his ever soo stupid fight for building a Wall in the South against immigrants from Mexico or even southward?

Anyone still like to be a believer in catholic faith ? Without any proof for one the 99 bibles? Exept that there existed some people in olden times, being able to write?

Comment by m-iles — February 4, 2019 @ 09:49

• Miles dear friend. You are not understanding. I never said they were not Christians. I said they are not Catholics. Not all Christians are Catholics. We were talking about people who feel they follow a more progressive god in the character they think of as Jesus. They basically make him a really nice good guy and they delete all the bad stuff in the bible. Now I do not believe in gods or the bible. I am not talking about the religion of those that killed that 7 year old boy. I was talking about the few people I know who think there is a god, they do not think it is the old nasty god of the bible, but they do think of it as a loving god. And again I was not saying they are Catholics. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 4, 2019 @ 10:23

• I went a couple of times a few years back with friends to an Episcopal Church and that seems to be true for them. They have gay pastors and I heard a sermon about taking care of the environment. Church is not for me, but at least a few seem not as CRAZY.
              Speaking of crazy….not necessarily child abuse, but Franklin Graham says trump hasn’t lied, but trump’s tracking at close to 8000! That’s adult abuse of the mind. And the snake handlers in Tenn…another real sane group!

Comment by maryplumbago — February 3, 2019 @ 23:30

• Hello Mary. Yes Franklin has given up any hint of morality in the matter of tRump. He has lost the moral high ground if religion ever had one. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 4, 2019 @ 06:04

5. I remember this father beating his kid at the grocery store, saying “I’ll teach you to hit your sister”. I was thinking… exactly! Thankfully not everyone follows the Bible literally.

Comment by jim- — February 3, 2019 @ 09:28

• Hello Jim. Yes I agree. However we have a very vocal politically connected evangelical / fundamentalist religious groups forcing their barbaric beliefs into secular law. They are demanding the freedom of religion laws that allow them to beat their kids and to deny them medical treatment. I think the thing we need to do is say religious raining and indoctrination is for adults only or at least 16 and above. No more kids being treated like this. Thanks for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 10:32

6. I am beyond outraged and disgusted by this. I’ve been seeing it over & over in my FB Feed, and it’s extremely difficult for me to calm down. But I’ll be even MORE furious if all the parents get is just a bit of jail time, and not life in prison, which is what they deserve, and which would also serve as a wake-up call and deterrent for the other religious whack jobs out there.

Comment by Dennis Cole — February 3, 2019 @ 12:09

• Hello Dennis , I understand as I was in tears reading it. So frustrating. Sadly this happens a lot. I read the Friendly Atheist blog and he posts on them. Mostly it is kids dying from with held medical treatment or with held food and neglect. But some are down right sadistic. One group calls for the spanking of babies, and hitting babies that crawl off a blanket . Basically they destroy the child before indoctrinating them. Sick bastards. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2019 @ 12:17

7. This is disgusting. I would die to be able to be a parent. This poor child. 😦
    I am thankful we got Tina before this happened to her!

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 4, 2019 @ 08:48

• Hello Michelle. Yes I wish all kids could have a parent as devoted as you are to your children. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 4, 2019 @ 10:17

8. No comment is but a comment.

Comment by m-iles — February 4, 2019 @ 12:55

• …, and god ordered Abraham, to burn his son Isaak. Gen. 22

Comment by m-iles — February 5, 2019 @ 13:10

• Hello Miles. It is horrible, cruel, and barbaric for anyone especially a god to use kids like that. The bible is full of times god order the death of children. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 5, 2019 @ 13:17

9. The details of this story make me cry. I am so sad for these kids even the older brother who is now scared for life after killing his little brother. Neither of these children will ever be the same. I am so upset that as a deaf lesbian I had to fight so hard to foster and then adopt my daughter. I had to fight hatred of my love for Sarah (a woman who cares for our children every bit as much as me) and discrimination based upon my disability. Even though the daughter I adopted was now deaf due to the beating by her Christian parents. They didn’t beat her because they were Christian but they did beat her and so severely that she lost the ability to hear.

Something is so broken with the system to give innocent babies to monsters like these! Something is horribly wrong. Someday I’ll be a billionaire and will take every unwanted child so they know what a mommy that loves them and will protect them feels like. They will be lucky enough to have two mommies who would kill or die to protect them from harm.

GRRRRRR! So mad! More I read and hear about this the madderr I get.

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 5, 2019 @ 16:02

• Hello Michelle. I understand your anger. I also wish every child could be wanted and properly cared for. Miles says he thinks this was an in family swap rather than a formal foster or adoption. In the article I read they mention a sister, but it is not clear to me if the sister is of the adult man or the 7 year old victim. This who thing is tragic. I know kids do not always think clearly but someone taught the 15 year old to be that mean and cruel to the younger boy. They allowed him to supervise the punishment and told him to hit the younger child and make it harder on the younger child. So he also is a victim, and I wonder what was done to him. Horrible all way round. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 5, 2019 @ 16:27

• That’s why I say the 15 year old will have his own troubles. Mentally he will suffer in ways we can’t yet know. Someday he will understand what he truly did. When he does it will weight so heavily I fear for his own safety. I don’t blame the 15 year old. He was taught these things. He was made into what he did. A child is not cruel unless he is taight to be so. When he learns and grows he will struggle with what they made him, what he did and who he was. I do so hope he gets the help he needs before the weight crushes what’s left of the child he should have been.

hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 5, 2019 @ 21:07

• A child should never fear his/her parents. Ask my son what his greatest fear of me is. He will tell you the disappointment in my eyes is what he fears more than any punishment. Why does he fear my disappointment? Because he knows I love him and he loves me as well. He doesn’t want to let me down. I’m glad that is all he fears from me, He has had one spanking ever and it was a single swat to his bum because he wouldn’t listen about running in the streets. One swap and that look and he never ever did it again and he listened better too.

That is the only hit my son ever got as a child and Tina has never been spanked by me or Sarah. She already knows the cruelty of adults who are supposed to care for her.

hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 5, 2019 @ 21:11

• Hello Michelle. You know of my childhood so I wont go into it. I agree with you it is a horrible way to grow up watching those around you for the expulsion of violence, never trusting for one second you wont be hurt. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 6, 2019 @ 06:05

• Hello Michelle. I agree. I was also wondering if he was abused when he was younger? As you say he will have so much to deal with and prison is not known for great mental health services. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 6, 2019 @ 06:02