February 9, 2019

WV GOP Rep: Gays Are A Modern Day “Terrorist KKK”

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, Fascism, Hate, Homosexual, News, Political, Questions, Religion, Sex — Scottie @ 14:52

Please note again how religion has taken over the secular government of the the USA.   This man is a Baptist Preacher.    He is seeking to impose his religious faith on everyone else!  He does not care if you are a believer or if you have a different belief, he feels you MUST obey his church doctrines.  IF you are outside of his understanding of what his god approves, then you must be done away with.  How is this different from Islamic sharia law?   Hugs

The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports:

“The LGBTQ is a modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan, without wearing hoods with their antics of hate,” Porterfield said in an interview Friday morning. He also called the gay community a “terrorist group” and said he is being “persecuted” by the gay community in retaliation for his remarks, including receiving threats on Facebook and voicemails.

Porterfield’s original rant came in support of a GOP bill that would override any local LGBT rights ordinance. That bill failed in committee. Porterfield is a Baptist preacher and runs an outfit called Blind Faith Ministries, so-named because he is severely vision-impaired

1. About this bapotist preacher just one thing has to be said: He must be constantly weeping , cause such stupidness must hurt soo much. Brains less than a Neandertal. I hope, them baptist people do have some, that are less untruthful and full of hate and less scathing , than Porterfield.
    So to say, nothing learnt at school than bible-fairytales, not knowing that even his god was unable to read and write.

Comment by m-iles — February 9, 2019 @ 15:36

• Hello Miles. I agree, yet it gets worse. i have not had much time to post today as I have been helping Ron. But I have four more Republican anti-gay stuff they are pushing to post. We really are in a war in my country right now between those who want to force their religious views on everyone and the secular society. We could go the way of Iran soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 9, 2019 @ 16:06

• I agree. It sure looks like we have our own Taliban. Why is no one quoting Gospel of John 18:36. Jesus answered “my kingdom is not of this world…” Why are the conservatives/evangelicals/christians preaching like it is. Yes Christian extremists are using pulpits to move a power grab agenda. Sad.

Comment by Lindi Roze — February 9, 2019 @ 18:11

2. He should get together with that dude who’s mad because his wife dumped him for another woman, and they can have a big bitch-fest about Teh Gays and get it out of their systems. Maybe they could even make a date out of it.

Comment by Infidel753 — February 9, 2019 @ 15:49

• Hello Infidel. I love it! Your suggestion would really turn their heads inside out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 9, 2019 @ 19:50

3. Do none of these fascists realise that with what they say and how they say it they prove to most of us that they are not what they purport to be- Christians. I am not a Christian but even I know that Jesus told the crowd to let him that is without sin cast the first stone.No-one did. We all have our little sins including all these so called Christians who lack tolerance.Thy would rather Jesus had said stone everyone who does that or who shows that. These people lack goodness and kindness and deserve no respect.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — February 9, 2019 @ 17:01

4. Please educate yourself about Sharia Law. http://www.mpvusa.org/sharia-law/

The Christians are the ONLY ones who have ever imposed their way of life on ALL the people on their domains. A good history book about the Crusades (NOT written from a Western or Christian perspective) & the Ottoman Empire should help you with that. Muslims have always been much more tolerant of other religions, indeed, even atheists, than ANY Christian.

In fact, many Christians, taken as slaves in war, WILLINGLY became Muslim after they were in the Islamic world for a while. Some became rich & powerful … one became an Empress. Hurran. I love her story.

You don’t hear these stories because the Christian-based world in which we live does not want us to know these stories. Or the truth.

Comment by silverapplequeen — February 10, 2019 @ 05:35

• Hello SAQ. Thanks for the comment and the link. While I agree with you on the wrongful perception of most Muslims, I have not changed my mind on Sharia laws. By that I mean that Sharia, which the post you linked to claims is the word for religious way, is the placing of religious doctrines ( ways ) into practice as laws. Every where it is used it means making the laws based on a religious foundation. That is why I say the Evangelical / Fundamentalist want a Christian Sharia ( way ) codified into the legal system here. They want to make laws based their religious views and force everyone to live by those same religious views. That is how Sharia Laws are used in Islamic countries and how Christians want it to be used in their favor here in the US. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 10, 2019 @ 06:41

• Apologists for theocracy can hand-wave and hair-split about terminology all they like, but the fact remains that under actual Islamist theocracies such as Dâ’ish (ISIL), the Saudi regime, or the Iranian regime, there are laws based on religious taboo (such as the death penalty for homosexuality) which do apply to everybody. Much of the Middle East was more tolerant during the Middle Ages, but that’s because it was much less strictly Islamic (calling it “secular” would be a stretch, but their societies did evolve some distance in that direction), just as Western countries today are more tolerant because they are more secular and no longer strictly Christian as they were in the Dark Ages. Islam itself, like Christianity itself, is implacably hostile to freedom of thought and cultural pluralism. Only societies where the central role of religion was weakened have been tolerant.

Comment by Infidel753 — February 10, 2019 @ 09:58

• Hello Infidel. Thank you for your comment. What you say makes sense. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 10, 2019 @ 12:08

• Thank you. One other thing I’ve been meaning to mention, since you’re in contact with some Muslims — any random typical person from an Islamic country probably doesn’t have a detailed or accurate knowledge of what is and isn’t in the Koran or Islamic law, just as an average American only has a rather hazy idea of what is or isn’t in the Bible. They might be genuinely shocked to hear about the condemnation of homosexuality and refuse to believe it, for example, just as some liberal Christians don’t realize how viciously homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament. There are a few famous stories and sayings that everyone knows, and a lot of details that most people don’t. The average person in Pakistan or Egypt spends most of their time and energy on their job, dealing with friends and relatives, paying the bills, etc., just like the average American does. They don’t all have an encyclopedic knowledge of Islamic law.

Like Christians, Muslims range from relatively modern and secular individuals (as you mention in the comment below) to extreme, hate-filled fanatics. And just as with Christianity, it’s the fanatics who have actually read the sacred texts and understand them. It’s the Bin Ladens and the guys who run Dâ’ish who really know the Koran and Islamic law, just as you can be sure Fred Phelps and Jerry Falwell had really read the Bible and knew it well, far more so than the average liberal Christian down the street.

Comment by Infidel753 — February 10, 2019 @ 13:41

• Hello Infidel. More great points. I like to ask the question is the following in the bible: “God helps those who help themselves”. A lot of Christians think it is, even though it is not.

I was friends with a few guys who were Muslim when I lived in West Palm Beach, which was a very diverse city. They were just normal guys like the rest of us. They lived on the same street we did so we became friendly. Where I live now it is in a very conservative white area and I live in a Fox News watching old white retirement mobile home park. Seriously, last year we had our first black lady move in. The out cry and gossip was fierce. I made sure every time I seen her to wave and say hello. I was told by a homeowners board member that the office did not know she was black or she wouldn’t have been approved. Yes, sadly they can get away with that as they always say it is something else like a credit issue. The old people had a fit when we moved in as Ron was slightly under the “adult age requirement” and I was way under it. I was qualified as being disabled they couldn’t use that on me and according to the actual law it was a suggested guideline not a hardliner qualifier. After we read the law to the manager they approved us. Then we turned out to be an openly gay couple. While the park management had no problem with that the old folk here had a melt down. It was bitter! These old fucks would come up to us in the rec. hall at events and tell us how homo’s disgusted them and what perverts we were and how we would burn in hell because their god hated us. And more. They learned not to say anything where Ron could hear them because he wouldn’t hold back, he would angrily go off on them regardless of their age. Me I would instead camp it up! I would toss my longish hair and preen and stuff. I would tell them how sexy they were when they were angry. I would just play it up with any stupid stuff I could think of. A few years later I ran for the homeowners board and won. We grew on them. We became the “OK gays” . Now there are several gay couples and the president of the board is gay. The times they are a changin. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 10, 2019 @ 14:03

• Hello SAQ. A second point I would like to make. I have known a few Muslims personally and have met many in interactions of daily living. What most people around me do not seem to realize is unless a Muslim tells you they are a Muslim, you wouldn’t know. They do not have a brand on them, nor do they have special clothing that symbolizes their religion. Simply put ( I can not seem to convince my older Christian neighbors of this ) Muslims are just like everyone else, just normal people. They are regular people who have a religious belief. I do not believe their religion just as I do not believe in Christianity, but I do not demonize them for simply believing in a god. I try to get people to see it is what a person does, how they act, how they treat others that matters and that is how they should be judged. If you use your religion as a club to harm others I will call that out regardless of the religion or faith. If you use your religion for your own development and enlightenment, as long as you are not harming others, I have no issue with it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 10, 2019 @ 06:59