February 14, 2019

KANSAS: Republican Bills Would Ban Same-Sex “Parody Marriage” And Define LGBTQ Rights As A Religion

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, Fascism, Harm, Hate, News, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 08:50

Again!  Really!  Do we need to keep going through this.  When in history has it ever been the right thing to deny rights to groups of people?   Why is slavish devotion to myths from the iron age that are applied only to those groups they hate allowed to be enshrined in secular laws?  I am so tired of this crap.   Hugs

A group of state representatives in Kansas introduced legislation Wednesday that seeks to define same-sex marriage as “parody marriage,” stop the state from recognizing gay marriage and establish an “elevated marriage” option for straight couples who seek “higher standards of commitment.”

“Their marriage probably doesn’t affect me – their union or whatever you want to call it. But in my opinion, they’re trying to force their beliefs on society,” said Rep. Randy Garber, a Sabetha Republican and the bill’s lead sponsor.

Several paragraphs in the bill seek to describe differences between the civil rights movement and the gay rights movement. The bill says “there are no ex-blacks but there are thousands of ex-gays.”

1. They are scared. At least I hope so. May their brittle shell of sacred protection shatter and leave them naked to the world of reality. GROG

Comment by grogalot — February 14, 2019 @ 09:21

• Hello Grog. While this group will lose again, and so will many others, some of them get through into laws. The harm is to the young people seeing and reading / hearing of these hateful laws that they realize are made against what they are. I remember being a young gay boy in a conservative place that bought into every hateful lie told by Anita Bryant. I remember how it dug into be and soured even normal moments to hear people repeat and agree with her. To know adults and other kids felt I was some horrible monster recruited into and going to recruit others to do horrible things when all I had were feelings for the wrong gender, at least wrong by all of them. Struggling hard to understand why I was different was scary enough, hearing what others thought I was, not realizing I was one of “those homos” was terrifying. Unknown to me there were a lot of other boys in school and in town going through this, and there were adults that understood. So every kid who hears these laws is a victim of them even if they are not passed. Ever kid who goes to church with his parents and hears that the god the worship thinks he is an abomination and hears his parents echo that is a victim of these laws even if the fail to pass.

Sorry Grog, I am just really tired of having to have this fight almost 50 years later. It is 2019 and we should be over this and well past it. I am really angry at these dinosaurs who keep rising out of the tar pits to shit all over the rights LGBTQ people and their allies have worked hard to achieve. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 14, 2019 @ 15:28

• Really? You believed all that shit? Cuz I was raised Catholic & by the age of thirteen (when abortion was legalized & there were constant sermons about the terrible things that were going to happen to the USA because of it) I KNEW that what the priests were saying was largely BS.

I started writing a story about a girl who followed Jesus in the time of the gospels & I did a lot of research & it was because of that research that I discovered the Goddess & lost my faith. I was sixteen at the time. Naturally, I kept my mouth shut. But as soon as I was out of the house, I was out of the Church.

Leaving the Church was hard …. but it wasn’t hard. Being kicked out of my family was hard … but my cousin Eugene (a priest) told me to never let my family do that & to always keep “showing up” for family events & reunions & I did just that. And it was probably the best advice I ever got. I thanked him when I saw him this summer at my father’s funeral.

I knew I was different from childhood. FUCK, my brothers & sisters were blonde & blue-eyed & I was the dark one. That’s what they called me! “THE DARK ONE”.

The fight never ends. You have to know that. Whether it’s for people like us or for immigrants or for poor people or anyone who’s different. Some of us were born different. Some of us were born fighting. We will never give up.

Comment by silverapplequeen — February 15, 2019 @ 04:28

• Hello SAQ. First I am glad you managed your journey of self understanding and did so OK. However I think you misunderstood parts of my story. Let me give you the quick version.

I was born in 1963 according to my birth certificate, which was an adjusted one. I knew I was gay very young well before puberty, I just did not know yet what it was called. I was adopted by a couple who never finished high school. I was abused, sexually, physically, and emotionally. The adoptive mother was mainitutive and used me as a pawn to get attention and play games, the adoptive father took a hate to me of course, and communicated that to his hell spawn offspring. It was a violent hateful family of uneducated backwards small town people. There was little to no religion involved. However there was hate for anything not like them, there was no personal growth or acceptance of other ideas. So this is how I grew up. There were adults who tried to help me in grade school, and our local library let me keep books stashed there are I couldn’t have them at home for a long time.

So yes it was not believing in what the adults were saying, I knew I was not a monster as much as I was constantly told I was. I knew I was just like every other kid except I was not attracted to girls and was attracted to boys. But I heard these things negative hateful things everywhere. They took a toll on me. When I was in the military in both the Navy and the Army it shocked me how many gay people were there, yet we could have our whole careers ended by simple homophobia. My own time came to an end when a new company commander who came from the infantry ( we were satellite tech / operators and intelligence ) refused to give me any points for promotion due to my being gay. He didn’t have me kicked out due to my skills being much in demand and my own units chain of command , officers and enlisted both, fighting for me. However without his support for promotion I had no chance of promotion and so had to leave the service. Not to say all of the enlisted supported me, one sargent tried hard get me kicked out and he did make my life miserable for a while, but he ended up getting kicked out himself. However by the time I got out things had started to change. The nearest big town to where I had grown up opened one gay bar and then another. They were constantly attacked and it was a mess, but times were changing.

So again it was the damage of what those hateful angry crap heaped on the “perverts who molest children”, those queers who should “be beaten to death, locked up forever, and / or killed in any way possible” that scars a kid. How many kids today are still made homeless when their religious parents find out they are gay or trans, and then kick them out of their homes in the name of their loving god? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 15, 2019 @ 07:18

2. Hopefully this Christfascist bill won’t pass. If it does, I hope every legislator who votes for it comes down with a hard case of the measles or something else miserable. It’s times like these that I actually do wish there was a “just God” who metes out punishment in real time. :-/

Comment by Anderson Connors — February 14, 2019 @ 10:51

• Ack. I meant “Christofascist”. Looks like the “O” never made it in there. Oops.

Comment by Anderson Connors — February 14, 2019 @ 10:52

• 😃😁😂🤣😜😜 Works either way for me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 14, 2019 @ 15:32

• Hello Anderson. I agree. I am tired of these old dinosaurs raising the same old hates and making what should be a happy thing of equality a constant fight of acceptance. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 14, 2019 @ 15:31

3. He cant be all powerful:
    He didnt see, that there lived Humans in numbers long before the fairy-tale book bible was written in East-Africa and at least in Australia.

He didnt see that the earth was NOT flat as those stupids of creationist still (think) stupidly believe. So he is as stupid as the creationist

The allknowing didnt see, that there are a Sextillion planets in the Univers, such huge a number, nobody but a blind god coud not have seen in 13.4 Billion years the universe exist no.

The allmighty, for sure was unable to write, otherwise he would not have needed the rible-biters, which just had one adventage to god: They could write, at least in Hebrew, which no-one, except them, was able to read and — maybe — prove it the truth.

The all-knowing was for sure not comfort to exact timelines, cause he “gave” the rible-biters the ability to write – some time AFTER, his son lived and finally died – a god died; stupidly – nice stuff for fairy-tales in any of the 99 bibles, that are known.!! So the rible-biters of the New Testament were not even eye-witnesses.

Comment by m-iles — February 14, 2019 @ 16:41

• Hello Miles. Yes he is a fictitious character. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 14, 2019 @ 17:45

• a non-Existing can’t by no circumstances – not even be a fictious character.
        He can only be a fictious character in the ill minds, of death-fearing christian people. – some kind of Insurance for what the churches install fear in people

Comment by m-iles — February 15, 2019 @ 12:02

4. I guess god is whatever those in power see fit to name a god. Now I like cock as much as any gay man but it certainly isn’t anything I’d worship. /lol

Maybe we replace thier crosses and christmas trees with large cocks? Yeah since it’s a religion can we now practice it in the open? And isn’t it protected from the state regulating it?

Oh wait that’s only to protect Christians….

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 19, 2019 @ 14:13

• Hello Michelle. Yes sadly they protect only their religion. Imagine the way their heads would explode if we changed the laws to include allowing other religions all the things they want to push for their own religion. What steams me is they do not see any of the irony of what they are doing compared to what they preach about. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2019 @ 15:02