February 16, 2019

Citing New Evidence, Police Release Two Individuals Without Charges in Jussie Smollett Case

Filed under: Bigotry, Criminal, Fascism, Hate, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 16:37

1. What’s your take on this? Publicity? Or real?

Comment by Nan — February 16, 2019 @ 16:48

• Hello Nan. I would say real. I held off reporting the hoax idea because the reporting was suspect to me, and not supported by the police. The police said they wanted to talk to the two men and they were given the return flight information freely without any hedging. I think it is real because of the amount of damage to the actors face. He took a beating. An actor wanting attention simply wouldn’t chance his face that way. At least that is my opinion. Plus here in South Florida where I live, yes it could easily happen the way he described. The police do not seem to be saying it is a hoax, but they are being cagy with their wording and the information they are giving out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 16, 2019 @ 16:57

• Oh and what do you think? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 16, 2019 @ 16:58

2. I’m not so sure….I’d hate to think it’s a hoax after the interview with Robin Roberts on ABC, which I saw. She certainly would feel taken and I’d feel bad for her.
    One point someone said was that if it was bleached poured on him, it would have left bleach places on his shirt that were lighter…
    Also I think this would hurt the gay community if it turns out to be a hoax. I’d really hate to see that!

Comment by maryplumbago — February 16, 2019 @ 17:06

• Hello Mary. Time will tell I guess. I agree with you if he did hoax this it will hurt him and the gay community. On the other hand, it could have happened just as he said, there is a lot of violence against both gays and POC right now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 16, 2019 @ 17:10

3. If this is true and he paid to stage this hoax then this sets back gay people, people of color and everyother oppressed group in america. There is enough REAL racism and hate that we shouldn’t feel ther need to make it up.
    hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 19, 2019 @ 14:20

• Hello Michelle. Yes I agree. But I am not to the point of calling it a hoax yet. Here is why.

1) The police have not said it is a hoax yet. Unnamed sources have claimed it is, yet we know there are racist homophobic police officers and news providers.

2) People ask why the perps would have had bleach on them. Well here where I live we had a teen gang kidnap a boy and his brother because the gang leader thought the older boy kissed his girlfriend. One of the things they did to the boys was pour bleach on them and into their eyes! It really happens. So it could have happened.

This is a time to sit back and let the information come out. The rumors have already caused the show he was on to slash his role. If it was a hoax he will pay for doing it in many ways including charges I hope. Dan Savage had a good take on it in his podcast. He says that if a hoax the actor should be charged with a hate crime for all the people who are really attacked and yet now will find it harder to be believed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2019 @ 15:09

• I said “If” and if it was true then this would be a hoax. I did not mean to imply it was. My bad.
        hugs

I have not made up my mind yet. To many things said and not all of them can be the truth. I withhold judgement as such. 🙂

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 19, 2019 @ 15:12

• Hello Michelle. I understand. I also am trying hard not to make up my mind. I admit it looks bad, the thing is I can not see why MAGA loving black hating guys would know about and seem to watch a largely POC show? That is a hard one to figure out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2019 @ 15:26