February 16, 2019

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising

Filed under: Music and Videos, Song, Songs and Music, Things I like — Scottie @ 10:51

I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin’
I see bad times today
Don’t go ’round tonight
It’s bound to take your life
There’s a bad moon on the rise
I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don’t go ’round tonight
It’s bound to take your life
There’s a bad moon on the rise
I hope you got your things together
I hope you are quite prepared to die
Look’s like we’re in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Oh don’t go ’round tonight
It’s bound to take your life
There’s a bad moon on the rise
There’s a bad moon on the rise
Songwriters: John C. Fogerty
Bad Moon Rising lyrics © The Bicycle Music Company

1. Good stuff, Scottie! Hope your Saturday is going well. . .our grandchildren just left; they were here for a sleepover. Whew! It’s lovely and quiet. .. 🙂

Comment by carmen — February 16, 2019 @ 12:05

• Hello Carmen. It is a good day. Been up since 2 AM and getting things done. I want to do a song a day. My favorite stuff was more pop, folk, love songs, or rock from the 70 / 80’s. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 16, 2019 @ 12:20

• Did you, by any chance, get this idea from Jill? 😉

Comment by Nan — February 16, 2019 @ 12:50

• Hello Nan. Yes, I did . I liked that she reminded me of some music I use to listen to, and I felt I could use a break from steady news. So at some point each morning I go looking instead for music I like. Jill has good ideas. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 16, 2019 @ 12:56

• Yes, a good idea! Thanks, Jill, for inspiring Scottie!

I’m getting ready (which, around here means cooking and preparing food!) to go to a 65th birthday party for a friend. We live in the house he grew up in and just cleaned our attic out to prepare for blown-in insulation. (We’ve lived here for 41 years — yes, the clean-out was long overdue) One of our ‘finds’ up there was a bag full of Valentines that the birthday boy (and his birthday was on the 14th) received when he was in Elementary School. I am taking those with us when we go to the Community Hall – I’m sure they’ll be a big hit!

Comment by carmen — February 16, 2019 @ 13:32