March 9, 2019

Can’t die for your sins

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 08:00

religion-is-a-mental-illness

The bible says the bible is wrong. And since the bible is the word of god, the bible must be right about the bible being wrong. Because the bible says so.

image

1. Too bad this can’t be sent to every preacher of the “gospel.” Of course, as with all things that contradict their beliefs, they would find a way around it.

Comment by Nan — March 9, 2019 @ 12:40

• Hello Nan. I wonder what ColorStorm would say about it. He claims the bible is never wrong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 9, 2019 @ 13:19

• He’d probably do his usual thing and talk about how “God” made everything and can’t be wrong about anything. He’s a superb example of total indoctrination.

Comment by Nan — March 9, 2019 @ 13:38

• Hello Nan. ColorStorm bothers me because of how fanatical he is. He is so over the top I do not know how he functions. Sadly there are more and more like him. I do not know many church people, but when you were a believer did you know many people like that? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 9, 2019 @ 14:51

• Actually, I don’t think of CS in those terms. Yes, he’s pretty convinced his perspective is the correct one, but I don’t consider him “fanatical” — mainly because I don’t think he would do anything to harm another person. He’s just very stuck in his beliefs (typical of most believers) and isn’t open (at all!) to any proof/evidence that contradict them.

The ones I consider fanatical are those who “get in your face” and call you names and even threaten you if you disagree with them. And of course, those who actually do things that are beyond the norm. While Wild Mel doesn’t go to this extent, I do feel he tends to push the limits because he simply will NOT back down even when the evidence is

Comment by Nan — March 9, 2019 @ 15:02

• Whoops! Hit something that caused my comment to “post” before I was ready.

To finish my thought … even when the evidence is indisputable.

Comment by Nan — March 9, 2019 @ 15:03

• Hello Nan. Do you think ColorStorm would advocate the removal of women’s rights or the rights of LGBTQ based on his religious beliefs? I worry about people voting away the rights of others based on their belief in a myth from 2500 years ago. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 9, 2019 @ 15:12

• Scottie, I can’t speak for CS, but I do think those who strictly follow the bible will act according to what they believe it says. We can’t wave away 2500 years of indoctrination no matter how hard we try. What we can do is present the more “modern” way of seeing things and hope it gets through. But when push comes to shove, trying to convince the hard-cores is pretty much an impossible task.

Comment by Nan — March 9, 2019 @ 15:32