March 15, 2019

OHIO: Republican Bill Would Force Public Schools To Tell Parents How To Opt Out Of Vaccination Requirements

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Children, Education, Harm, Health, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 07:13

Why?   I do not get the gain of this for anyone.  We are seeing the resurgence of horrible diseases due to people not vaccinating.  Kids are dying!  Medical costs soaring!  Study after study shows that vaccines are safe and that they work.   What is wrong with our politicians.  Do they want people to die?  I get allergy shots each week because they work.  I will have to get shots all my life, because my system doesn’t hold the immunity.  If I do not get them I get sick, I get feeling ill , like having a full time cold every day.  I wonder if these anti vaccine people get shots for other things?   Hugs

The Dayton Daily News reports:

As other states are facing outbreaks of childhood diseases such as measles and mumps, Ohio lawmakers are considering legislation that would require school districts to tell parents how easy it is to opt out of immunizations.

When schools notify parents of immunization requirements, they would be required to spell out available exemptions, according to a bill introduced in the Ohio House today. The legislation could lead to more parents deciding to skip vaccinations for their children, which would put the community at large at risk, experts say.

1. I simply do NOT understand. When I went back to college in 1998 (to obtain a Paralegal degree), my son was entering kindergarten & we BOTH had to get our vaccinations … I had to get a mumps shot because I had never had mumps as a kid. & when I went back to University in 2008 to finish up my BA in English, I had to get a few more shots … I can’t remember what they were now, but I have the records of them somewhere. This is how you act in a civilized country. I guess the USA is no longer civilized. I told my son to move to Canada when he graduates from college in two months. I am totally serious about this.

Comment by silverapplequeen — March 15, 2019 @ 07:18

• Hello SAQ. Well said! I agree. I worry about the US. If the progressives can not turn around this train wreck, I fear we will go the way of the theocratic countries, was back to the past in both science and in rights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 15, 2019 @ 07:29

2. Kids are dying! Medical costs soaring! Study after study shows that vaccines are safe and that they work.

That’s just reality. These people don’t like reality and don’t care about it.

Comment by Infidel753 — March 15, 2019 @ 09:44

• Hello Infidel. I agree. And I doubt the anti-vaccine people could be reached by facts. However the damn politicians should be reachable, and they should know better than this idiot. If not they should be voted out as fast as possible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 15, 2019 @ 10:24

• Actually that attitude is coming from the Republican politicians (although it originated with the religious nuts). Global warming, evolution, economics, the harm done by pollution and deregulation, the secular roots of morality — there’s almost no aspect of reality they aren’t at war with. The anti-vaccine thing is just the latest manifestation of the same mentality.

Comment by Infidel753 — March 15, 2019 @ 21:55

3. Hi Scottie;
    I was reading this and sort of just shook my head at the oddity of our world now. When I was a kid, I remember I took tylenol to school with me because I got headaches sometimes. nbd, right? Nope…. now, that’s grounds for expulsion and crazy drug running legal issues. The neighbor was telling me that he can’t send his kid to school with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because one kid in the school has a peanut allergy. I thought that a bit extreme, but I guess there have been problems. BUT, it is somehow ok to send your kid to school unvaccinated for very contagious illnesses to share with everyone? Hmmmm? I believe the idiot pendulum is now swinging the other way.
    You know, what is really really funny about all this? Somehow this idea is continuing despite the doctor who advanced the so called research actually recanted his claims, said that he faked them, and the medical community has repeatedly come out for vaccines at every opportunity. I always thought the flat-earther people were joking, but this is some serious levels of stupidity, and now that a governmental entity, at whatever level, has subscribed and backed the idiocy is hugely dangerous.

So…. cabin in the woods. yep.

hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — March 15, 2019 @ 10:54

• Hello Randy. Yes so true. The fact is for thirty or forty years you have been hearing constant drum beat about how bad the educated elites are. You have had preachers telling parents not to educate their kids because education is evil and they might be exposed to science. You had wealthy people trying to gut public school funding because their kids go to a private school and they do not want to pay taxes, plus then republicans came up with “charter” schools that do not have to follow the same curriculum but take tax money away from public schools that have to do so. The effect is a really dumb population that thinks the earth is flat, the sun goes around the earth, and buys into the dumbest conspiracy theories ever. I really worry about this country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 15, 2019 @ 12:29