March 16, 2019

Still killing people

Filed under: Cartoons, Fascism, Harm, History, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 06:05

Still dealing death

1. BINGO!

Comment by Nan — March 16, 2019 @ 12:02

• Hello Nan. I find it really interesting the leader of NZ is already promising stronger gun restrictions. I do not want to use the tragic situation to harp on something but here in the US we have an addiction to guns. We better get some control on that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 16, 2019 @ 12:14

• Of course we should get some control, but so long as the conservative branch of the government has any say about it, we’re swimming upstream. And even if they get over-ruled somewhere along the way, the “Second Amendment” populace will raise such a stink, it will be nothing short of a civil war.

Comment by Nan — March 16, 2019 @ 12:24

• Hello Nan. I hope that after 2020 enough people will have woke up so that we have a solid democratic party majority in all branches of congress so that we can start whittling down on the silly interpretation of fantasy wild west gun ownership. Sadly the courts have been packed and so wont be any help for a decades or more. More we will have to do it, just as the RWNJ have whittled away at a women reproductive rights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 16, 2019 @ 14:18

2. Hi Scottie;
    I think the cartoonist and you are missing the points here: the planes are designed to fly people from point A to point B, land, expel paying customers, then do it all over again.
    The gun is designed to safely fire bullets, repeatedly, accurately, quickly even, having absorbed the initial cost of purchase and repeated reloads.
    In other words: the one designed to kill is working just fine.

hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — March 16, 2019 @ 12:28

• Hello Randy. I have always been impressed with how smart you are. You caught that when I missed it. Yes those bullets do just what they are designed to do, kill and destroy things. Sort of means they should have a very limited public use I would think? Side note. Remember that guy who we have in the park, seasonal resident, who shot the armadillo in our yard near the house? I found out he lives in the back of phase three here and he is always shooting out over the field behind the development. Well I wonder that if that is legal as that is a reserved preserve all back around us. He sure was upset I did not thank him and instead told him off. I am going to look the status of that up and I wonder if this is worth the effort now that he wont bring his gun down here around our place. Fucking gun nuts! Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 16, 2019 @ 14:26