March 17, 2019

control

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Fascism, Greed, Gun Control, Memes, News, NRA, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 06:46

(cartoon by Joe Heller)

(cartoon by Adam Zyglis)

1. I agree with Christ Murphey re: AR15s. I just wish we could convince the many gun-owners who have them primarily for a status symbol (of course, they will deny this!). Plus, their reasoning is that anyone who wants one will be able to get one even if they’re banned. You can’t win when it comes to gun ownership and the “Second Amendment” supporters.

Comment by Nan — March 17, 2019 @ 11:53

• Or they could just move to Missouri.

Comment by Infidel753 — March 17, 2019 @ 12:52

• Hello Infidel. I do not even have words. I had to erase the first three attempts to comment. What goes through the minds of these people. Is there lead in the water? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 17, 2019 @ 13:08

• Hello Nan. I agree with you, but I must keep trying, because with them or with out them we need to get control of the guns problem in this country. That saying about if we ban them they will still have them only applies to guns in their minds. They are doing their best to ban abortion, why if we will still have them. Why have laws against anything if that is the idea. They can not seem to wrap their head around two concepts. One is public good. The other is the difference between gun violence in the US and gun violence in other countries. As much as the 2nd amendment is a right ( they forget about the well regulated militia part ) so is the right to life. As I said to Chris, banning guns is not possible, but we can do what the right has done to abortion and equal rights, we can chip away at it until it is a manageable thing hard to get and its use is regulated. For the sake of life we have to stop the killings as best we can. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 17, 2019 @ 13:05

• Yes, Scottie. What you write all sounds well and good. But I’m VERY familiar with many who support gun ownership and I KNOW how they look at things. It’s not about the public good or the right to life. To them, it’s about personal rights.

Responsible gun-owners don’t like gun violence any more than the rest of us. BUT … VERY few would be willing to give up their guns in an effort to stop the killings by nut cases.

Comment by Nan — March 17, 2019 @ 14:18

• Hello Nan. I understand. Yet there are those who feel strongly that females should have the right to their bodies and medical services, yet since abortion was ruled a right it has been attacked. The attacks have manage to shift the conversation and also to restrict the right to abortion. The same needs to happen on gun control. We need to shift the conversation and enact controls on gun ownership. We have to try, we won’t get anywhere saying it is too hard, or the other side won’t listen. That did not stop those attacking abortion, they kept hammering away at it, just as they are doing to SSM and equal rights for LGBTQ. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 17, 2019 @ 18:00

• I agree with the “hammering away,” but I still say it’s going to take a lot more than that to get gun-owners to give up their guns. And that’s all I’m going to say on the subject … for now anyway. 😉

Comment by Nan — March 17, 2019 @ 18:03