March 27, 2019

UK Class Teaching LGBT Inclusion Shut Down By Muslim Parents

Again religion being used to try to keep people in the dark ages.  Religion is being used as an excuse to deny education and equal rights.   It must be fought as hard as possible.  This is not about faith, as they can teach their kids at home anything they wish, it is about education for everyone’s children.   Thugs!

To be clear, this class never discussed anything sexual. (Obviously.) The curriculum was all about inclusivity and acceptance of people who don’t fit “traditional” molds when it comes to topics like race, religion, and gender identity. The goal was to teach kids that those differences shouldn’t cause them to treat others disrespectfully.

Still, though, enough parents protested over the inclusion of LGBTQ issues in that mix that the school was forced to temporarily stop the class. Specifically, many of the complaints came from people who said LGBTQ rights werre incompatible with Islam.

Pulley tried to make it clear that nothing in the lessons asked kids to go against their family’s faith; you can treat same-sex couples with respect, for example, even if you believe homosexuality is a sin. Yet because of the backlash, the lessons were put on hold.

It’s important for kids to learn that families don’t all look alike. But the “very small, but vocal, minority of parents” seem to believe that exposing kids to the existence of same-sex couples is enough to make them gay. (That’s not how it works.)

Parkfield Community School in Birmingham says it has temporarily paused the class, just to allow for a discussion with the parents, but there is no telling when it will return. Here’s hoping reason wins out over faith-based bigotry.

1. The mainstream media would call you islamaphobic for such words!

But you and I agree 100%

Comment by Michelle Styles — March 27, 2019 @ 10:09

• Hello Michelle. While I am not islamophobic because that is irrational fear, I am anti-theist. I am against all religions that use their faith to bash, control, or deny equality to others. Sadly I have not found a nice catch phrase to express that. I have lost several followers and have people on other blogs that refuse to acknowledge me because they claim I am against Christians. I have to think up a catch phrase. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2019 @ 10:18

2. You know, and this is something I’ve suspected for years, the god of Abraham is the evil one the faithful have been warning us about.

Comment by nationofnope — March 27, 2019 @ 10:21

3. Ps. It’s not irrational to be wary of direct threats and hostile behaviors. Islamophobe is a pc monicker and I own it 100%.

Comment by nationofnope — March 27, 2019 @ 10:26

• Hello Nation. I think I differ with you on the definition. Islamophobia is an irrational fear or bias. It is not criticism of Islam based on facts or real issues. So if a person criticizes Islam , which I do , for real things that is not an irrational fear or bias. that is not Islamophobia. Claiming and spreading the idea that Muslims eat Christian babies is Islamophobia. Same for criticising Christianity / Christians. I would like to point out to anyone reading that Islamophobia is not racism as Islam is not a race. It is a religion. Now there is debate as to if Muslim is a race and again I say no. I use to think it was, but a long talk with Michelle changed my mind. Because Muslim is someone who follows the religion of Islam they can be any race and still be Muslim. That is not to say there is no discrimination against Muslims because there is, it just is not racist unless you are really just against the color of their skin. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2019 @ 10:47

• You’d think, but no. Anyone and I do mean anyone who comments unfavorably about anything to do with Islam gets that label. Case in point is the response you got having expressed an unfavorable opinion regarding Muslim efforts to shutter a program.

Comment by nationofnope — March 27, 2019 @ 11:06

• Hello Nation. Do you mean Michelle’s comment? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2019 @ 11:15

• Yeah he probably did.

My point wasn’t as much about you would be labeled such for it. It’s that our media in general and polititcians in general label people who expres valid concerns with that label. rather than discussion they want to shut that down by calling you racist or homophobic. not the way to have a civil conversation…..

hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — March 27, 2019 @ 11:28

• Hello Michelle. You gave the response I was going to. 😀 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2019 @ 11:59

• I just found this post on YouTube about the issue from Cosmicsceptic. https://youtu.be/bG9Amgd5wio
            He nailed it.

Comment by nationofnope — March 31, 2019 @ 02:17

• Hello Nation. I follow Alex on YouTube. I have not yet watched this episode. If this is about the sexual education issue I have already posted on it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 31, 2019 @ 05:52

• Exactly. That’s way I thought you should watch what he had to say on the subject.

Comment by nationofnope — March 31, 2019 @ 09:51

• Hello Nation. I will after the morning news shows. Can only listen to one audio at a time. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 31, 2019 @ 10:15

• Hello Nation. I finished watching the video. I agree with him. It is basically what I have been saying. It is a case of a religion using their religion as a club against others and demanding special treatment. I think Alex should have emphasized more that the education requirement is a law and it is a requirement because of the good it has been doing. He should have stressed it was because of the attitudes like these that causes mistreatment of LGBTQ peopel and shows the education requirements are very much needed. Your religious rights do not include making the entire student body not learn about a subject because you think it is icky. I think he glossed over that part too quickly , as I said. Recently I posted on the millions of dollars US evangelical / fundamentalism religions are spending overseas in other countries to not only defeat any progressive movement on LGBTQ rights / equality but to roll back ones that already in effect. I would not be a bit surprised if there was not a hidden hand of theirs in this as it suits their goals. We have the same thing going on world wide it seems, people demanding their religion is given special privileges while they also demand the curtailing of others rights. A clear case of religion thinking they should be the top priority and the ones in charge. Horrible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 31, 2019 @ 12:37