April 1, 2019

If you call it religion

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Fascism, Gender, Harm, Hate, Homosexual, LGBTQ, Memes, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 19:39

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

1. The Koran is based on the Bible!

Comment by silverapplequeen — April 2, 2019 @ 05:40

• Hello SAQ. And they both are full of bullshit as are all holy books. And most self help books also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 2, 2019 @ 05:45

• I prefer Hitchens’s formulation “plagiarized from” rather than “based on”.

It’s not hard to figure out what happened. Before Muhammad started Islam, he worked as a master of caravans in the trade between the Mecca region and Syria. Syria was a Christian country at that time. Muhammad could probably read Aramaic, the language spoken in Syria back then, since he was involved in business there, and Aramaic is closely related to Arabic, his own language. (Some Muslims insist that Muhammad was illiterate, but that’s very unlikely in an international businessman even in those days, and the Arabic word umm√ģ which now means “illiterate” probably had a different meaning at that time.) It’s very plausible that during one of his trips to Syria Muhammad saw a Bible in Aramaic and read some of it. This is why the Koran has many of the same stories and other material as the Bible, but with a lot differences in detail — while devising his own holy book, Muhammad was remembering stuff he’d read years ago in a language that wasn’t his native language.

But that’s why Islam, Christianity, and Judaism have so many of the same taboos. It’s not that those taboos have any rational basis that caused different groups to arrive at them independently. It’s that they all derive them from a common origin.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 2, 2019 @ 06:33

• Hello Infidel. Great information, thank you. I knew that the Quran had some parts of the bible in it, but that they had changed somethings. I had not known why. It makes sense when you realize so many of the religions of that time borrowed from religions that came before and were in the areas around them. I think it is like any religion, the followers each seem to pick and choose what they think is in the holy book ( what their god wants ) and each seems to create the god they follow in their heads. I am surprised there are not more fraction of religions when each person has a different idea of god. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 2, 2019 @ 06:39

• … so many of the religions of that time borrowed from religions that came before and were in the areas around them.

BINGO! But try and convince any Christian of this. THEIR religion is straight from the non-existent invisible lips of “God.”

Comment by Nan — April 2, 2019 @ 12:07

• Hello Nan. I totally fail at getting religious people to recognize anything I say about religion. My recent conversation with Sandi as a point, plus the many times I reached out to ColorStorm, and a few others. I guess I do not have a good approach and must work on it.

Hey good news on my new glasses. Ron asked around and everyone thought that price was far too much. So this morning I called my old eye doctor and asked for their top of the line prices. It was less than half of what the new place was charging me. The lady on the phone told me with the new digital machines lenses have come down in price, not increased. She said with the top lenses and the half rim frames I am interested in it would be about $630 dollars. I will let them do an eye exam because it is free and I don’t want to have to explain why I did not come to them first. I have an appointment on thursday morning. I feel a lot better about this as I have an dental appointment for another crown that will cost me $884 after insurance pays its part. That is two large hits for one month. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 2, 2019 @ 12:18

• Wonderful news, Scottie! I’m glad I was able to play a role in saving your money. ūüėć

Comment by Nan — April 2, 2019 @ 12:22

• Hello Nan. Thank you. I was not sure what Ron was going to say to do when I talked to him last night. He was pretty upset over the price. This morning we talked about going around to other places and neither of us really wanted to do it. I suggested calling the old place and see what they were charging for new glasses. Thanks again for pushing me to check things out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 2, 2019 @ 12:28