April 11, 2019

USA TODAY: Woman who destroyed neighbor’s sexy Easter mannequins charged; Playboy-themed display will return

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 07:53

Another person who feels they have a right to dictate what others do. Hugs

Woman who destroyed neighbor’s sexy Easter mannequins charged; Playboy-themed display will return
Desiree Shepstone used garden shears to take down her neighbor’s Playboy Bunnies Easter display. She has been charged with criminal mischief.

Read in USA TODAY: https://apple.news/Ao7ESVGX_SSKBGb4foA3E7w

Shared from Apple News

1. Good to see!

Comment by John — April 11, 2019 @ 08:01

• Hello John. What is good to see? I don’t understand your comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 11:15

2. What a busybody prig. At least she’s going to face some charges.

I hope Gangi retaliates by adding more mannequins, like this guy did. We cannot allow the prudes to win the mannequin wars.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 11, 2019 @ 09:44

• Hello Infidel. I agree. I am so tired of the arrogance of some people thinking they have a right to force all others to live as they demand. She did not like it so she felt the right to destroy someone’s property. Some people think gay sex is icky so they demand no one have same gender sex. Some people don’t want to be in a same gender marriage so no one should be allowed to be in one. I just read this morning that a lawmaker who had been married four times ranting about how gay marriage made his god angry and was immoral. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 11:54

• That’s exactly the problem. People are entitled to their likes and dislikes, but not to enforce their preferences at the expense of other people’s rights. If somebody put a cross in his front yard as a declaration of being religious, I’d dislike the sight of it, but that would not give me the right to go onto his property and take it down.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 11, 2019 @ 20:07

• Oh and I did read that post on your Sunday round up. I thought the idea of a nude mannequin party was grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 12:19

3. I agree this neighbor has a legal right to put the Playboy display in the yard. But is it kind and decent to mock a holiday that is important and sacred to another person? Is that who we liberals want to be?

How about setting an example of tolerance and respect for others that we wish religious folks showed to us?

If you are pushing your faith on others, I will fight you to the death. If you are practicing what you believe and not disrespecting me, I will leave you in peace.

Comment by SAR — April 11, 2019 @ 12:21

• Hello SAR. Please do not talk to me about tolerance and respect with regards to religions. Evangelical / fundamental religious groups use their religions as a club to bash and harm LGBTQ+. They do the same to any religion that is not theirs. Look how they mock and treat Islam and Muslims. I agree with your last paragraph, but disagree with your first two.
      Easter has become a secular holiday. Most people think of Easter as the day of chocolate bunnies and colorful eggs. To demand we suddenly only allow religious displays of Easter makes no sense. Should Christmas displays be limited to religious ones only due to respect and tolerance. Tolerance goes both ways, and religious people need to understand that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 12:35

• Yes they do. It’s evil. I know hate first-hand too, Scottie.

I don’t want to be like them. I’m not letting the bad behavior of others define how I conduct myself. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Comment by SAR — April 11, 2019 @ 13:59

• Hello SAR. I agree we shouldn’t try to deny them rights and services as they do us. I agree we shouldn’t assault them as some of those do to us. However I see no reason why bad ideas shouldn’t be called out. Everyone has a list of what they think are their “sacred cows”. By the way did you see the link Infidel gave in the comments here? It is really funny. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 14:10

4. I’d say the guy has a great sense of humor — a bit twisted perhaps, but still funny. But of course the fundies and other “god-fearing” individuals can’t stand it. Yet it’s OK for them to put up their in-your-face Jesus manger @ C-mas time. It’s all in the perspective. (Some religious people have no sense of humor.)

Comment by Nan — April 11, 2019 @ 12:22

• Hello Nan. I agree. They seem to feel it is a one way street as far as what should be allowed. Their way only. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2019 @ 12:37