April 14, 2019

Teens left ‘drenched in blood’ after slur-spewing Trump supporters attack them at Ohio Waffle House

Filed under: Bigotry, Criminal, Fascism, Harm, Hate, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 16:05

Notice it is always right wing supporters doing the violence?  Never hear of a Warren supporter attacking someone, nor a Mayor Pete supporter mailing bombs.   I wonder what it is about the Republican right wing that is so fearful of anyone that is different from them?  I thought these were the alpha men, personally responsible for their actions, pulled up by their bootstraps?    Hugs

Two Ohio teenagers were attacked at a Waffle House in what police believe was a racially motivated attack, reports the BG Independent News.

Two men were arrested after yelling racist slurs and physically attacking two customers at the Waffle House restaurant on March 31. Bowling Green Police said the alleged assailants — Jacob Dick, 22, and Zachary Keller, 21 — have been charged with assault and ethnic intimidation.

Bloomington News confirmed that the attack went down as the teens described it by multiple witnesses.

Then the men started beating them, drawing blood. Zarrick Ramirez also got beat up by the two men and says that he “he was drenched in blood,” when the attack ended.

“I’ve never been hated on like that,” Ramirez added.

Teens left ‘drenched in blood’ after slur-spewing Trump supporters attack them at Ohio Waffle House

1. Sickening. Disgusting. Appalling. Yet far, far too commonplace in the current climate.

Comment by Nan — April 14, 2019 @ 16:11

• Hello nan. The amount of violence of the MAGA / tRump cult is scary. This cult takes the God is on our side belief of the evangelical hard liners and the anger / hate of racist bigot thugs and makes it a weapon against anyone not them. If they got rid of the ones they hate they would turn on each other. We are seeing something rise in our country I don’t think was ever here before. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 16:40

2. Remind me again what the outrage was about when Hilary called them Deplorables?

Comment by john zande — April 14, 2019 @ 16:56

• Hello John. Yes, so true. They make fake outrage at any hint of not respecting them, when in truth they are thugs. They are bullies, they are the tRump cult’s brownshirts. They learn from tRump who thinks he has the right to be as rude and crude as possible while demanding others play nice in return towards him and his. It is a weird time in the world. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 17:21

• Democrats have to flip the collective finger to being “nice.” Mayor Pete seems more than capable of this.

Comment by john zande — April 14, 2019 @ 17:26

• Hello John. I agree. Boy the evangelical right whack jobs are really attacking Mayor Pete’s take on his religion. Their attack seems to be he can not be a Christian because he is gay and “gay married”. Their god personally told them they had the right version of what makes God happy. Hug

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 17:30

• I was startled at how many examples of this I ran across on the net in just the last week. Some of them are in today’s link round-up. They are really freaked out and scared by Buttigieg.

I’m getting a bit worried about him, frankly. I don’t know how early Secret Service protection for Presidential candidates starts, but it wouldn’t surprise me if some Bible-addled asshole with a gun took a shot at him. It’s frightening.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 14, 2019 @ 18:04

• I can’t “like” your comment because it’s way too close to the truth. Geez! What a messed-up world we’re living in! And, IMO, it can all be laid at the feet of tRumpsky.

Comment by Nan — April 14, 2019 @ 18:15

• Hello Infidel. Yes I was reading your round up and I worry the same. I forget the politician who said you can not compromise with a religious fanatic because they feel god is on their side. It is like someone who thinks tRump will pull strings to get them out of any crime, a person who thinks god wants them to harm someone will do so to please their afterlife master. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 18:23

• I remember when Obama’s campaign started taking off in 2008, reading a number of black pundits who expressed the same fear. There had been earlier cases of charismatic black leaders being murdered, certainly. In his case, thank goodness, it never happened.

There have actually been very few political assassinations or attempted assassinations in the US in the last few decades — in fact, offhand I cant think of any since the attempt on Reagan. So there’s that. I think most of the people who would actually try such a thing are of very low intelligence and not competent enough to carry it out. But with so many angry people with guns, it’s always a worry.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 14, 2019 @ 18:55

• Hello Infidel. I hope your are correct. I think there was one attempt since Reagan. The shooting of Steve Scalise at a basketball game with other congressmen was one I think. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 19:12

3. Never hear of a Warren supporter attacking someone, nor a Mayor Pete supporter mailing bombs

Probably because Warren and Buttigieg and the rest of our candidates don’t appeal to the kind of people who have such hateful natures.

I thought these were the alpha men, personally responsible for their actions

They say Trump is a weak man’s idea of what a strong man is like. Trumpanzees are the same, an overgrown brat’s idea of what an “alpha male” is like. Well, they were arrested. They’ll be held responsible this time.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 14, 2019 @ 18:00

• Hello Infidel. I agree. The question I have is do we bother to bring these backward people stuck in the grade school recess yard into the modern time or do we move ahead without them? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2019 @ 18:18

• Some of them are unsalvageable. Some of them, at least some of the younger ones, probably can be brought into the modern world eventually. In order to do that, we’ll first need to win a lot of elections. Which we’ll need to do without them, for now.

In the meantime, the law needs to come down hard on people like these two. I’ve lost track of how many violent attacks on Hispanics, or people mistaken for Hispanics, I’ve read about since Trump launched his campaign. This shit needs to stop.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 14, 2019 @ 18:43