April 21, 2019

Christian Pedophile Roy Moore Leads Alabama GOP 2020 Senate Race

Where is that often preached about Christian morality here?  They would eagerly vote for a sexual abuser of children as long as he has a R by his name.  Being a rabid Christian is a bonus to them.  It is scary that this disregard / disconnect from that they claim and preach simply due to politics!  Hugs

Christian Pedophile Roy Moore Leads Alabama GOP 2020 Senate Race

Apparently Alabama Republicans continue to support Moore despite the fact that in November 2017, during a Senate special election in Alabama, nine different women came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct, child molestation, and pedophilia against Moore.

According to multiple reports the Alabama politician sexually abused a 14-year-old-girl and pursued many other teenager girls while in his early 30’s.

The fact is, Roy Moore is a dangerous religious extremist and a moral monster not qualified to hold any public office.

For example, Moore rejects science in favor of religious superstition, and rejects the indisputable fact that biological evolution is true. Previously  Moore explained his rejection of science to the Washington Post, claiming:

There’s no such thing as evolution… That we came from a snake? No I don’t believe that.

Moore, like Trump, is also a white nationalist and a birther who repeatedly questioned Barack Obama’s eligibility to be president.

In addition, Moore believes the Supreme Court decision allowing gay marriage is worse than the decision upholding slavery.

1. When I encounter a deeply religious person, I have to ask myself, “lying or stupid?”. It’s usually pretty obvious, as in the case of TV preachers, or mega church leaders. They are lying, and the people giving them power and money are clearly stupid.

In Mr. Moore’s case, the distinction is not so clear. As an attorney, he must surely have a fundamental understanding of critical thinking,which would suggest that understands his dishonesty. However, the level of genius required to pull off acting THAT stupid… well it’s too much to imagine. Alternatively, if he is that stupid, how is it possible that he has not accidentally set himself on fire?

I suspect the mistake I’m making is that I’m assuming normal psychology.

Comment by Czippie l'Shimp — April 21, 2019 @ 07:35

• Hello Czippie. I can not understand being willfully ignorant. I can understand wanting to be part of a group. As to Moore, it scares me how eager people are to support a known unrepentant child predator just because of distrust / lies about a different political group. They would rather promote a known threat to children to positions of power rather than accept that the other party can have decent people. Again I don’t get it. The idea that my groups criminal behavior is prefered over the idea of the other group having power. Stunning that people think that way. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 21, 2019 @ 07:44

• Hi Scottie,

Yes, well that’s the problem, isn’t it? What a civilized person considers criminal, they are easily able to justify in their sacred texts. And they tell us often that those tomes are a higher authority than our meager laws. His actions are the norms they desire.

On the surface, these would appear to be simple, mean, terrified and hateful people, but when you see them through the lens of aberrant psychology (and the associated lack of empathy or fear of repercussions), their long history – and probable future – of damage, makes horrifying sense.

Comment by Czippie l'Shimp — April 21, 2019 @ 08:07

• I suspect there is an aspect of grooming involved. It’s the believing six impossible things before breakfast theory. If you can get them to believe that evolution says we “came from a snake” but that the real story is “God made Adam out of dirt and Eve out of spare parts, so Adam is better” then the leap to get them to have sex isn’t so long.

Comment by MDavis — April 23, 2019 @ 16:09

2. I can’t say for sure but I would imagine “the flock” will vote for him because … wait for it … he’s asked for forgiveness!

Comment by Nan — April 21, 2019 @ 12:35

• Hello Nan. That is one of my big problems against him and his supporters. He has never admitted he did anything wrong that I heard of. Plus the majority of the religious leaders supported his right to date “young’ because girls were married young in the bible. I read more than one justify Moores actions based on the age of Mary. Those that support him simply see nothing wrong with men going after young teen girls 12 to 14 years old. It infuriates me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 21, 2019 @ 12:47

• Sick.

Comment by Nan — April 21, 2019 @ 12:54

• I read more than one justify Moores actions based on the age of Mary

Sounds like Jehovah had a thing for the “young stuff”, as they say. As did Muhammad and Joseph Smith. It’s an interesting pattern.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 21, 2019 @ 18:41

• Hello Infidel. Yes it seems to be a theme in religions. It is rampant in all of them. Yet notice it is always OK in their mind for a much older man to marry a barely teen girl, but they are horrified at a much older woman marrying a barely teen boy. I wonder why it is not viewed just as harmful when the men do it? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 21, 2019 @ 18:45

3. Roy Moore is a dangerous religious extremist and a moral monster not qualified to hold any public office.

In other words, the ideal Republican candidate. He’ll probably win their nomination in a landslide. I’m surprised Trump hasn’t put him on the Supreme Court or something.

Comment by Infidel753 — April 21, 2019 @ 18:34

• Hello Infidel. What a true and very scary thought. Yet Hillary was pilloried for calling them deplorables. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 21, 2019 @ 18:36