May 8, 2019

Let’s talk about the next 11-year-old girl….

Filed under: Children, Dealing With Abuse, Gender, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 14:07

This is CC.

1. I was able to watch this video (closed captioning) and couldn’t agree more. He did, however, make a point that I hadn’t thought about and, IMO, NEEDS to be spotlighted … and that is, the fact that the FATHER of this baby COULD have visitation rights. Can you even begin to imagine the consequences of this? Not only is this CHILD being forced to give birth as the result of a rape, but she must allow the raper to remain a part of her life and even have say-so about the care of the baby.

I can’t help but wonder if these “god-loving” religious nuts have given this any thought at all when they passed this oh-so-righteous anti-abortion law.

Comment by Nan — May 8, 2019 @ 14:30

• Hello Nan. I agree. Also I got thinking about how you could trust anyone like that around another child, even his own? Horrible all way round it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 8, 2019 @ 14:34

• Even when I still considered myself Christian (I’m questioning, leaning Atheist right now) and got old enough to sign petitions and get asked to, if there was one about keeping abortion a viable choice, I’d sign that without a second thought. This is a reason why. When they start placing limitations, then you add a little more, and a little more, then you have no rights at all. Hell, there are plenty of people out there that want to ban abortion, but also want to make it harder to get useful contraception. You can’t have it both ways, dammit.

And this visitation/suing for parental rights was the scariest possibility in the world to me. If I was raped, I would want the option of abortion, especially since in Texas a rapist might be able to sue for visitation (i’ve been trying to find out more about that). I wouldn’t want that bastard anywhere near me or any child… what kind of a father would they be? I shudder to think.

That 11-year old was raped, no doubt about it. That’s below the age of consent in every freaking state, isn’t it? A kid will now have a kid, barely in middle school probably. She’ll be wrapping up puberty by the time her kid enters it? Damn the rapist and damn the Ohio legislature that thought these anti-abortion laws were a good freaking idea.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — May 8, 2019 @ 15:19

• Hello Chatty Introvert. I agree. This reminds me of the law against abortion in Ireland that was so strict that several women died due to the fact they had a serious medical problem and under the law no medical professional could help them. The simply were allowed to die while everyone had to legally stand by and just watch them do so. That was one of the reasons changing the laws to allow abortion was passed so overwhelmingly. We seem to have forgotten that important lesson in this country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 8, 2019 @ 15:29

2. I’m so disturbed that any child would have to deal with this. I can’t imagine having to fight for parental rights at any age but a child! What is wrong with this country and people that support these laws. And imagine the sick weirdos that would rape a child based on the thinking that somehow they could get parental rights eventually. It’s just awful. It is definitely not black and white. Thank you for sharing this. So sad but a good perspective.

Comment by stephanieroath3157 — May 8, 2019 @ 17:54