May 14, 2019

Another doctors waiting room.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 13:53

I am at the pain doctors office, waiting in the waiting room to be called. Today I am having the shots in my spine. I have to have at least two set so f I think six shots. Not sure how many they are going to do today. Then after the second set I get what is called radio frequency ablation of the nerves of my spine. So much fun. Talk alter. Hugs.

1. Radio frequency is commonly used for spine problems. (I know I’ve had it). Best of luck Scottie. And patience. Those things take time.

Comment by equinoxio21 — May 14, 2019 @ 14:06

• Hello Equinoxio. Thank you. Yes I understand. I am a bit wiped out from the shots today but Ron made a pork roast, baked potatoes, corn, and thick dark gravy. I am full. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 14, 2019 @ 17:36

2. Sorry to hear this. Hope you’ll be ok.

Comment by TokyoSand — May 14, 2019 @ 15:20

• Hello TokyoSand. Yes I will be fine thanks. I have a degenerative bone condition that leaves some of my bones dying and the rest very thin. Or others that grow in weird ways like creating spurs. I have bad arthritis in my spine also, along with disc damage. The end result is I have severe pain from the nerves that are pinched or damaged, stretched and interfered with. I am trying to not go back on morphine so along with trigger point muscle injections they are trying these spine ones. Then if these help I will get the radio frequency ablation. Nothing I have can kill me but it sure does make me hurt. 😜😃 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 14, 2019 @ 17:42

• Wow, Scottie. You’re dealing with a lot. All power to you.

Comment by TokyoSand — May 14, 2019 @ 19:16

• Hello TokyoSand. Thank you. But I am also very lucky. First as I said my illness can not kill me, it can only make life hard. But I have a loving wonderful husband and we have been together for almost 30 years. While we are not wealthy, we manage and even have a small savings for emergencies. We have insurance and access to good doctors at a price we can afford. We can afford our medications even though it is expensive. We own our own home and have good shelter. We have plenty of food and we have a few luxuries. So I think I have it better than a lot of people and I am so happy to be able to be online with all of you grand people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 14, 2019 @ 19:40

• I’m relieved to hear you say that. Likewise, I’m glad to be online friends with you, too.

Comment by TokyoSand — May 14, 2019 @ 19:41

3. Hope everything works for you!

Comment by koolaidmoms — May 14, 2019 @ 15:43

4. My friend Jim has this kind of procedure done every six months. It works for him. He also gets Medical Marijuana for his pain. He used to be on liquid Morphine & he’s been off the opiates for over a year now. Marijuana works. It’s nice to have my friend Jim back … he was a junkie for many years. I know it was because of his back pain but still … he was GONE. Now he’s returned to us.

Pain is a bitch. I hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this response. Biggest hugs.

Comment by silverapplequeen — May 15, 2019 @ 05:23

• Hello SAQ. Thank you. I am glad you have your friend back and that his pain is under control. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 15, 2019 @ 07:14