May 17, 2019

This has always been about forcing a conservative Christian agenda upon every woman in the state.

Filed under: Bigotry, Fascism, Gender, Harm, Health, News, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 09:36

All 25 White Male GOP Senators Who Voted for the AL Abortion Ban Are Christian

All 25 White Male GOP Senators Who Voted for the AL Abortion Ban Are Christian

In short: 25 white Christian Republican men voted to control the bodies of women across the state. Mostly poor women. Many of whom are black women. Their white Christian Republican governor (a woman) signed the bill into law, invoking God in the process.

This isn’t about health care. This was never about health care.

This has always been about forcing a conservative Christian agenda upon every woman in the state.

1. They like to say there is a distance between being Christian and Christianity. This is pretty obvious the church is operating the government—one unified body of Christ—

Comment by jim- — May 17, 2019 @ 09:47

2. It is quite sickening, Scottie. I believe these new laws will be emboldening conservative christians everywhere. To give an example, there was a news report yesterday about women picketing in front of a High School on PEI (Canada’s smallest province, where abortion only became available a couple of years ago – previous to that, no doctors were available to do them), displaying anti-abortion propaganda. I wish there had been women on the other side of the street with graphic pictures of perforated uteruses and desperate (sometimes dead) young women who performed their own abortions. 😦

Comment by Carmen — May 17, 2019 @ 10:06

• Hello Carmen. Your timing is perfect. I was just reading an article on doctors in Ontario being told they must give referrals for procedures they refuse to perform. https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/05/16/ontario-court-orders-anti-abortion-doctors-to-give-their-patients-referrals/ . I wish the US would follow that example. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 17, 2019 @ 10:10

• Scottie, our daughter trained to be a Midwife. (she isn’t practicing because she’s raising a family) We have had this conversation and it goes like this: ANYONE in the medical profession should do the jobs assigned. Period. As it is in Canada, any health care professional can refuse to participate in any procedure they feel is against their religion. So, nurses routinely refuse to help out when an abortion is being performed. (she has witnessed this) By law, they must be assigned another task. To me, it’s wrong.

Comment by Carmen — May 17, 2019 @ 10:24

• Hello Carmen. I do not understand people who chose a profession to do, who think doing that job some how endorses things they are religiously opposed to. Like that ICU doctor who felt his religious views against gay relationships came before the good of the PT and his family. The cake maker who refused to sell to a gay couple the same cake he would sell to a different gender couple because some how selling the thing he is in business to sell means he favors gay sex? When I was working in the ICU I would have to take care of angry mean people who would lash out and be violent when they could. I did not like to provide care to them, but it was my job. Just because I provided care did not mean I was in favor of mean angry people.

I am glad there are people like your daughter to help out. Carrying a baby and giving birth is very hard on the bodies of both mother and child as you know far better than I ever can. I think part of the problem is these people supporting these forced births do not understand the dangers of being pregnant. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 17, 2019 @ 10:52

• How is it that some people – like yourself – are overly endowed with empathy and others seem to have none. at. all. ?? One of life’s mysteries. . . just one more reason why I believe having a high ‘EQ’ is so important in life.

Comment by Carmen — May 17, 2019 @ 11:17

• Hello Carmen. Thank you for the grand complement. I think maybe one reason I care so much for others is I know what it is like to be hurt, harmed, and discriminated against. I also find life means more to me when I reach out to others and really care about them. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 17, 2019 @ 11:24

3. And they say the men have no say whether a woman gets an abortion or not. Hmm

Comment by jim- — May 18, 2019 @ 08:44

• Hello Jim. Ever wonder what would happen if the gender roles were suddenly switched and females were dominate and Males though t of as “the weaker sex”. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 18, 2019 @ 12:01