May 21, 2019

That is love? Count me out

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 06:29

image

Actual quote from a Xtian:
“You dont have to be sorry for it…Jesus paid the price.
”

image

image

1. Hey Scotty, I’ve been watching this these past few days in between writing projects. It’s pretty interesting. Maybe you already have seen it, it’s not new. I want to get the book, I’m more of a reader than a watcher. It’s called Ceasar’s Messiah & it makes a whole lot of sense. Especially when you consider that the Hebrew Bible was anti-Goddess religion propaganda.

It’s amazing that we’re still living under the Roman Empire but there it is. Kinda brilliant in a sick way.

Comment by silverapplequeen — May 21, 2019 @ 06:49

• Hello SAQ. Looks interesting. I will check it out later. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2019 @ 06:51

2. Wait – what does the bible say about dinner and farming? I checked out what it says about masturbation, and it amounts to “if you are obligated to impregnate your brother’s widow, don’t pull out and then blame her for not getting pregnant”, but I don’t remember anything about farming or dinner.

Comment by MDavis — May 22, 2019 @ 13:01

• Hello MDavis. I think on farming he means the verses about when to plant and having the 7th year with no planting and others about when you can eat the fruit of a tree. On the dining there are the kosher rules, and what animals you can eat and what is unclean. Maybe? I am not up on all the biblical laws. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 22, 2019 @ 13:07

• So, like the agricultural extension service of the time got thrown in with all the other stuff. Letting the land lie fallow every seven years (or so) is a fairly good practice to let the land recover from nutrient loss to your current crops. (although with heavy feeders such as cotton, a recovery crop or more frequent follow periods are suggested – GW Carver invented peanut butter and a ton of other peanut related products because of these things. Well, unless it turns out my history is flawed again) Crop rotation is also advised unless you are practicing permaculture. And the current day extension service will offer advice on what to grow now. Soybeans are not recommended this year, for example.
        It’s kind of like finding a news article popped into the middle of all the other stuff. I wonder if someone was using it for a bookmark and forgot about it when he sent the collection off to be bound into the Book?

Comment by MDavis — May 23, 2019 @ 00:06

• Hello MDavis. I did a google search and I was stunned to see how many verses in the bible relate to farming and livestock. I should have been because that was the thing they did back then. There was not much of a tech sector or an auto market. The weird thing is some of the dietary laws made sense for the times. Even cutting of the foreskin may have been a health issue for the times. If people could take the whole god / deity out and look at the book as a historical political fiction written by warlords of its time. We look at a lot of old books and say well they did not know any better and we understand that. But the bible religious people try to make those wrong old writings seem true for today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 23, 2019 @ 05:47