July 15, 2019

Daily Mail: Trump moves to end asylum protections for Central Americans

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 09:54

Trump moves to end asylum protections for Central Americans
Asylum seekers who pass through another country first won’t get asylum unless it was denied there. The rule, in effect Tuesday, also applies to children who have crossed the border alone.

Read in Daily Mail: https://apple.news/A8TOk3XztTUGPKJYOeSUyQg

Shared from Apple News

1. What will he come up with next???

By hell or high water, he’s going to deny any brown-skinned person from having a better life!

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2019 @ 11:26

• Hello Nan. Yes you are correct. There is no doubt the entire group are racist bigots. They do not care about Europeans who over stay their visas. The simply don’t care about the white ones. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2019 @ 11:54

• How are you feeling? Better, I hope!

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2019 @ 12:02

• Hello Nan. A bit tired, very sore. I got up at three because my back and hips hurt so bad. Now I am tired but have to take Ron to the Apple store in Coconut Point mall so I can give him his birthday gift, an Apple IWatch. So wont be able to rest until we get back. The store is a 45 minute drive. So I will be back on line later hopefully. How are you doing? Hope all is well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2019 @ 12:15

• Methinks you push yourself way too much!! But I suppose you know your limits … (Happy Birthday, Ron!)

I’m doing fine. We’re taking another short motorhome trip this week. Only be gone about 3 days, but it’s always fun to get away and do something different.

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2019 @ 13:38

• Hello Nan. I am envious of your RV trips. I have always regretted selling ours. I do not know my limits and that is part of the problem. Today I drove to the to the Apple store which is 45 minutes away , then stood as long as I could. It took nearly 3 hours to set up Ron’s new watch. At one point I was in such bad shape I said I was going to the car, and the woman helping us offered to get me a stool. I was thankful but the wooden seat stool was horrible for me also. We left and Ron offered to drive home but I drove. We stopped at one grocery store and I went in with him but then returned to the car. I couldn’t take the pain. At the second store I did not even go in. I do have something to tell you about the store. If you have not been to an Apple store they have all their products lining the walls and on big tables down the center of the room. Phones, pads , computers, everything. They display the Apple products and people can use them to see if they would buy them. One boy about 8 years old, was going from device to device setting them to Samsung phones web pages. He was a little shit about it. He would go in a circuit to ever device and start again when someone changed it back. He was so proud of himself. He even reached in front of the woman helping set up Ron’s watch to try it on the device in front of her. He did not care she was an employee and kept doing it right next to her. He went and told his mother when he was doing and she laugh. The woman helping us said they encourage people to try the devices, but I told her it was rude to set all the devices to their competitors and the kid was being a brat in my view. I wouldn’t let my son do that. The kid was standing next to his mother, and must have heard me because he look at me, gave a shitty grin and started to wave. I just stared at him and he dropped his hand and turned away. I was angry at the mother, maybe she has no manners but she was happy her kid was doing that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2019 @ 16:32

• I have to laugh at that story, Scottie. It was shitty of him, but funny at the same time. Definitely a bold one, that kid!

Yes, from what you wrote, I would say you DEFINITELY push yourself beyond your limits. You keep that stuff up and I’m gonna’ quit feeling sorry for you! Seriously, Scottie. LISTEN to your body!! Especially with the problems you have, if you keep on doing this sort of thing you’re going to end up in a wheelchair … permanently! No just once-in-awhile because you feel extra bad … but ALL THE TIME. Is that what you want? I very much doubt it. You seem much too independent.

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2019 @ 16:39

• Hello Nan. I understand and I thank you. Ron also is trying to force me to not do stuff. Like when we got home I wanted to help carry the groceries in, and he flat out refused to let me help. My first surgeon who also first diagnosed my bone problems said he thought before I died I would be in a wheelchair permanently, provided I lived to a normal older age. He told me the damage could be happening without me in a lot of pain and also there would be times I would really hurt and yet the damage wouldn’t be happening at a higher rate. Basically he said pain was not an indicator of how fast my bones were decaying / changing.

Nan the problem is I want to do stuff. I know I have limitations others do not have. But I also can not and do not want to lay in bed all my life. ( I have dreams in which I can still run and jump ) I was the one who asked to be taken off morphines and yet now I may have to go back on them. I would rather take strong pain meds than give up having some quality of life. There is stuff I don’t do anymore. Like putting on fitted sheets on the bed. It kills me. The only way I can put them on next to the head board is to lift the mattress up and put my foot on the box spring and the mattress on my knee. It is so hard for me. But I would do it. The last time I did it Ron was helping and when he put his side on the mattress fell off my knee and I fell into the headboard and across the mattress. He was upset. He has been saying he did not like me doing the fitted sheet and after that he was so upset he demanded I let him do them. I gave in as I don’t like him upset. But I have to try to do stuff, or I won’t be able to do anything. Do you understand. I don’t want to always ask Ron to do everything. What will happen if I outlive him? Can I still live independently if I don’t try to do stuff now? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2019 @ 16:58

• It’s natural for you to not allow yourself to accept your limitations. I think most of us are that way. We don’t like depending on others. But Scottie, just as you said at the end of your comment … if you want to (or are forced to) live independently, you must listen to — and obey — your body. You don’t have to lay around in bed all day … you don’t have to be an “invalid.” But you simply MUST stop ignoring your limitations. Accept them and focus on the things you CAN do. I tend to think Ron would agree with me.

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2019 @ 17:49

2. Since this is an illegal move on his part, I look for it to be struck down by the courts in a matter of days. Nonetheless, it is an unconscionable, hate-filled move on his part. More of the same. When is Congress, or the public for that matter, going to wake up and say, “Enough!!!!!”?

Happy Birthday to Ron! 🎈🎈🎈 And what the heck is an “apple watch”? I’m picturing a large watch shaped like an apple, that makes a “CRUNCH” sound every hour on the hour.

Hugs!!!

Comment by jilldennison — July 16, 2019 @ 02:31

• Hello Jill. Remember when the Republicans / tea party claimed President Obama was ruling as a king because he used executive orders as he couldn’t get the Republicans to pass any legislation. Where is their outrage now?
      An Apple watch is a computerized watch that pairs with your phone and can have its own cell plan. It lets you access all the functions of the phone on your wrist. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 16, 2019 @ 04:45

• I guess it’s different when it’s your own side doing it, eh?

Heh heh … it was late last night when I commented, and my brain had apparently already shut down, for otherwise I should have known about the apple watch! Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — July 16, 2019 @ 09:31

• Hello Jill. Ron is not a tech person at all. I am. He doesn’t want to read the instructions, he wants me to and then show him how to do stuff. Frustrating. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 16, 2019 @ 12:27

• Ron sounds like me! I can be a tech person, but these days I haven’t much patience for reading instructions and actually following them, so I turn such things over the the younger generation, my 24-year-old granddaughter Miss Goose! Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — July 16, 2019 @ 18:30