July 21, 2019

New world in the morning

Filed under: My Life and Rants, Song — Scottie @ 17:58

I am having a bad day.  I am battling my past ( those that read my blog understand ) I am also in a lot of pain ( again those that read my blog know my spine is a huge problem ) and to top it off my hubby gave me a bunch of files to shred for him.  To say I am having a problem is an understatement.   Who would have thought saying American is not the US would have such a virulent response.   It seems the US population doesn’t know about the continent of America.   Any way in an attempt ( a bit poorly ) to hold my sanity together, here is a song.  Hugs

1. Nice choice of song. I hope he held you together and you managed to relax a bit.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — July 21, 2019 @ 22:25

• Hello David. Things did get better. I took some pain medication and went to bed. I like his music it seems clear and unencumbered to me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2019 @ 05:55

2. I’m sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things turn around for you.

Comment by TokyoSand — July 21, 2019 @ 23:12

• Hello TokyoSand. Yes thank you. I took some medications and went to bed. Slept right through until my alarm went off, which is unusual for me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2019 @ 05:57

3. Hang in there, honey. & we all know that a large population of the citizenry of the United States are uneducated & ignorant & they are proud of that fact.

Comment by silverapplequeen — July 22, 2019 @ 06:08

• Hello silverapplequeen. Thanks. I just did not need a shit show firestorm over that on top of everything else. I should have ignored it but thought if I just explained the issue people would understand. Then this morning I got a notice from the site owner that by responding to those who replied to me I was breaking their rules. So it was all for nothing, they want to pound their chests and stick out their fingers and claim that the entire world know, just knows, we are America and only us. As you say they are proud of it. Hope all is well for you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2019 @ 06:16

• I used to know a family where the mother ruled the roost with a psychotic hand. She brought her whole family to her church’s counseling service, for example, but when the counselor told her she needed to look at what she was doing counseling was suddenly a bad idea. I guess she just wanted the counselor to act like her muscle, supporting her in her control.
        Anyway, she had two kids. They would retreat in tears or depression, like, weekly. I would go talk to them when I saw this, talk about how they were stuck in this situation for now, but they were their own persons and would someday be able to make choices for their own benefit and not just have to feed her ego.
        Then they grew into adulthood. The girl became her mom’s willing puppet. The boy got locked into a power struggle against her, and slipped into unethical, even criminal, behavior.
        So it was all for nothing.
        But someone probably read your comments and had something to think about. And that site has exposed themselves for what they are, with he terms of service being, what “agree with us or go away” maybe? And those kids had the choice to make instead of no-one pointing that out to them.
        I’ll probably never know if they recover, and you’ll probably never know if your discussion made someone think or gave someone what they needed before the site took it down. I hope it did.

Comment by MDavis — July 22, 2019 @ 15:05

• Hello MDavis. I think what you did /tried to do is grand. When I was a child many adults in our town knew or suspect I was being abused. The adults did things such as the librarian letting me keep my books behind her desk and suggesting I read books on dealing with abuse, including sexual abuse, at home. But they did me no good because there was no solutions that would work for me. I was a grade schooler.
          The grade school Principal set aside a place for me to rest in nook hidden by shelves, but no one intervened nor talked to me about it.
          The bruises they overlooked and the cuts they bandaged, but no one asked me why I had them. I could have used someone to talk too, I was in need for someone to help me deal with my world. So yes, you deserve lots of credit for trying to help. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2019 @ 15:57

• Thank you Scottie.
            Sometimes it feels like a waste, but I won’t ever know if I really did some good for them or for others nearby. I couldn’t, of course, remove the kids. They did not have bruises except for the ones on their souls, and I was a hot mess. I could offer neither a place of real refuge nor testimony that would have been considered viable.

Comment by MDavis — July 22, 2019 @ 17:02