August 9, 2019

Slate: Lawsuit: Police Shot a 12-Year-Old Black Child in His Own Bed During Pre-Dawn Raid

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 11:02

Lawsuit: Police Shot a 12-Year-Old Black Child in His Own Bed During Pre-Dawn Raid
“Mom, they shot me!” 12-year-old Amir Worship screamed.

Read in Slate: https://apple.news/A0WpYMZ7pTsGEdAdOuxFJIw

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. WTF??? What is happening in this country? I’m so sick and tired of all this. I’m going to dig into this a bit more, and also another rumour that I’m chasing about some kids being removed from detention centers. Hugs, Scottie.

Comment by jilldennison — August 9, 2019 @ 22:17

• Hello Jill. Please do and thank you. You do such good work getting the information out in the public and you can be trusted that the information is correct. I look forward to reading the posts. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 10, 2019 @ 06:31

2. I would say ” unbelievable” but who am I kidding? It’s quite believable. Sounds like the whole raid may have bordered on illegal. Why the masks and covering badgeand body camera. Just another day, by all means “let’s keep America great again.” (Or whatever the new slogan is)

Comment by Lindi Roze — September 14, 2019 @ 20:39

• Hello Lindi. I am furious about this. The raid was way over the top, and the show of force unnecessary. They wouldn’t have pulled this crap on a white family. That young boy will pay for being shot in the knee for the rest of his life. He will be in pain, no chance at being a sports start, no chance of a sports scholarship to collage, needing medical care for life on that knee. The police force and the guy who who him should pay for all that. Plus never do this again. The open racism in this country has to be fought, beaten back under the rocks it lives under. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 15, 2019 @ 05:56

• I go back and forth with beating it back under the rocks. It never went away and depending who you are or where you are from you were aware it was over your shoulder, behind a smile, underneath someone’s breath. Even with racism in the spotlight there are those don’t believe it’s a real issue or worse those who justify it. Leave it out in the open – like “Belling a Cat.”

Comment by Lindi Roze — September 15, 2019 @ 17:25

• Hello Lindi. I understand that. I want to make being a racist or any kind of bigot so shameful that people will be afraid to voice it or act on it. Then the next generations won’t be indoctrinated in it and wont feel it is OK endorsed by adults in authority. I do not want a future where what has been is still OK. I will work hard with all who have suffered bigotry and abuse. Together we will overcome. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 15, 2019 @ 17:28