August 22, 2019

Biblical morality

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 10:48

1. Oxsee moron? Is there prize? Did they get it right?

Comment by nationofnope — August 22, 2019 @ 12:25

• Hello Nation. Great to see you here again. Did the meme display for you? I just found out it was not showing correctly? if not please take another look and give me your ideas. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 22, 2019 @ 14:31

2. ?
    I just see a little thumbnail image with the word “Image”

Comment by MDavis — August 22, 2019 @ 14:15

• Hello MDavis. Crap, crap, crap. It displayed OK this morning when I posted it but somehow the link broke. I just fixed it I hope. Can you check to see it is showing correctly. Thanks for telling me. I do not see the blog the way others do, a lot of the time my display is different as I am signed in to it. I like people to tell me when there is a problem. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 22, 2019 @ 14:30

3. Thanks, Scottie! Yes, it is fine now.

Comment by MDavis — August 22, 2019 @ 14:53

4. Anyone who thinks the bible contains anything resembling TRUE morality is missing a neuron.

Comment by Nan — August 22, 2019 @ 15:25

• Hello Nan. Yet the same people that believe it use it to bash others. Only they have the truth and only they can judge all of the rest of us. I can not forgive those who used the bible to bash me. If that is what their holy book is for then they are wrong as is their holy book. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 22, 2019 @ 15:28

5. And don’t forget god destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for alleged sexual perversions but saved Lot and the first thing he did was get both of his daughters pregnant. Anyone claiming they get their moral values from that book is someone you should run away from as fast as you can

Comment by grouchyfarmer — August 22, 2019 @ 23:29

• Yeah… no. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed (according to the text) for crimes against hospitality. I.e.: they were nasty to immigrants to their city. They were reputed to let people in and then refuse to let them leave, thus trapping them in lives of servitude at best.
      So the thing with Lot and his daughters? Change of subject.

Comment by MDavis — August 23, 2019 @ 01:47

• Hello MDavis. Yes what you say is true according to scholars. Yet most people, most preachers, and especially the anti-LGBTQ one like NIFB, use Sodom and Gomorrah to bash gays. In the minds of people like that consensual sex between to adults of the same sex bad, incest sex between a father and his daughters good. Weird. Makes me wonder what was going on in the homes back then. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 05:04

• Hello grouchyfarmer. Yes incest was a good thing in the bible. Weird that an all knowing god’s morals were the same as the local population that way. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 04:58

6. Looks clear enough to me.

Comment by essiep — August 23, 2019 @ 03:58

• Hello essiep. Welcome to my Toy Box. Hope you find things to interest you here. I do not know why it stopped showing. I used a link and maybe the link went bad. I copied it this time and it seems to what worked. Thanks for letting me know it is working. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 05:05